London stabbings... (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

The guy is only making things worse.

As I've said before, we've got to the point that a good virtue signal gets more of a listen than someone actually speaking uncomfortable truths.
There’s the law and it’s not too hard to be within it

Captain Dart

Khan has already introduced the methodology used in Glasgow to reduce knife crime where it is classed as a public health issue.
It's had massive success up there, though as I said in another post, it didn't work over night, in fact it took years until it started getting results.

Sadiq Khan to use Glasgow model to end knife crime and clean up London's streets

Khan is the most useless mayor London has ever had and I include Boris and Red Ken in that list, his watch, his ineffectual posturing has only seen record levels of violent crime, if he was going to take action that was going to work in his term he should have done it years ago.

clint van damme

Khan is the most useless mayor London has ever had and I include Boris and Red Ken in that list, his watch, his ineffectual posturing has only seen record levels of violent crime, if he was going to take action that was going to work in his term he should have done it years ago.

That's a very simplistic view.
And ad I said, what they did in Glasgow took years to take effect.
I don't k ow whether Khan is a good mayor or not, but I don't think it's fair to blame him for a rise in crime, especially as it's nationwide.

fellatio_Martinez

Does anyone else feel that the general level of menace has risen in London recently?

I was there in August and was approached a lot by aggressive beggers and random scary looking types, all in the centre. I turned down this one guy and he followed me for a few streets until I went into a bar. I'm pretty sure he was waiting for a good moment to stab me up.

Nick

Administrator
Does anyone else feel that the general level of menace has risen in London recently?

I was there in August and was approached a lot by aggressive beggers and random scary looking types, all in the centre. I turned down this one guy and he followed me for a few streets until I went into a bar. I'm pretty sure he was waiting for a good moment to stab me up.

Should have shanked up him first Fam.

WhaleOilBeefHooked

I can't say I felt it when I lived there (moved back in the summer), although the fact that violent crime in 2018 has already exceeded levels in 2017 before the year end suggests there's some basis behind what you're saying!

I always felt safe in London to be honest, but then I avoided any dodgy areas / walking alone in the early hours. Although my flatmate did have their phone snatched from their hands by a dude on a moped.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I think it’s everywhere that’s becoming more ‘hostile’ people are more desperate &/or fancy their chances of getting away with crime more due to less chance of Police response or follow up.

Gazolba

Anyone wanting to understand crime in big cities, read the following:
Crime in London - Wikipedia
Crime in New York City - Wikipedia
Unfortunately, these web pages are not completely up-to-date.
Some of the things London is going through now, New York went through and tackled years ago.
It's hard to pin down what causes crime to go up and down and the reasons are often disputed.
Some people even claim it went down due to the removal of lead from petrol.

Nick

Administrator
Weird one that, moved to an area blighted by drug dealing for a better life?

Got himself a moped and was targetted in an attack.

What are the odds that he got into a gang and some money coming in which was his better life?

Where are the parents FFS?

ccfc92

Got himself a moped and was targetted in an attack.

What are the odds that he got into a gang and some money coming in which was his better life?

Where are the parents FFS?

He has been named as Jayden Moodie, and he lived in the area with his mother.

bringbackrattles

On the news just now it said the moped was stolen. And looks like he was a member of a drug gang ? Here in Bell Green a few teenagers ride around the precinct on bikes and belong to a gang.They sell drugs, everyone knows what they're doing, but they don't care.
They're getting younger.

Nick

Administrator
On the radio this morning. Somebody was saying his mum was trying to change his life as she had bought him some boxing gloves to go boxing training.

Are people just naive or just trying to ignore the elephant in the room?

Nick

Administrator
Family insist he wasnt involved with gangs or drugs

Addressing reports that the murder may have been gang related, Mr Green said: 'I would like to stress Jayden had recently moved from Nottingham to London and had absolutely no affiliation with gangs.'

Family friend Levi Clayton, 27, told The Times: ‘He may have done a bit of petty crime and he got in with the wrong crowd when he moved to London. He was very quiet around his family but more confident and outspoken with his friends. He wanted to be the leader.’ In Leyton, a local man identified only as ‘Zeeks’ said Jayden was known to sell drugs and carry a knife.

He said the teenager was having problems with a Somali gang in the area, which had started as a row over drugs, adding: ‘He was just a small kid but he didn’t go to school and he was running around dealing. He used to always have a big knife in his waist.

Part of the issue probably is the denial and that people believe their kids are angels and refuse to deal with it.

8362632-6578647-Stabbing_victim_Jayden_Moodie_poses_with_bundles_of_cash_and_con-a-4_1547153808969.jpg

8374998-6578647-Jayden_Moodie-a-21_1547157349080.jpg

Obviously the family didn't kill him, they need to take a look at themselves though. Who has a "New Start" in the middle of a drug dealing area known for targeting kids and gangs?

covcity4life

It's because it's easier to blame everybody else, things like social media has paid a massive part in that too I think.
Social media is number 2 on my list. i hate it,its killing life itself!

Parents need to stop their own use and then bring up kids with very limited time per day on social media, its full of negative BS that affects people. i have no doubt it may be linked to depression too.

I know for a fact how much better i feel and how much more i concentrate if i put my phone away for 2 hours

clint van damme

Social media is number 2 on my list. i hate it,its killing life itself!

Parents need to stop their own use and then bring up kids with very limited time per day on social media, its full of negative BS that affects people. i have no doubt it may be linked to depression too.

I know for a fact how much better i feel and how much more i concentrate if i put my phone away for 2 hours

We all certainly feel better when you put your phone away for a couple of hours!

Less time on line was one of my new years resolutions, not started too well to be honest!

Sky Blue Pete

Family insist he wasnt involved with gangs or drugs

Part of the issue probably is the denial and that people believe their kids are angels and refuse to deal with it.

8362632-6578647-Stabbing_victim_Jayden_Moodie_poses_with_bundles_of_cash_and_con-a-4_1547153808969.jpg

8374998-6578647-Jayden_Moodie-a-21_1547157349080.jpg

Obviously the family didn't kill him, they need to take a look at themselves though. Who has a "New Start" in the middle of a drug dealing area known for targeting kids and gangs?
Gosh that is the Mum really being blind to the facts although I’m sure the police said there was no gang relation to the crime

Nick

Administrator
Thankfully my daughter wouldn't get involved in that gang nonsense as if she went even close it would be stopped in one way or another, if she did there would be all sorts of taken type stuff going on with young dickheads vanishing.

The parents really piss me off. He was 14, flaunting cash, missing school, posing for gang signs etc. If they really didn't know then something is wrong.

tommydazzle

Exactly the angle I was looking at it from as well.
Yup, then it made me think about this move from Nottingham - did they not inform the local authorities about this move so his new school area wouldn't chase him? As Nick says institutions are always blamed but there is a big elephant in the room here and inconvenient truths. The sad fact is, that for a young black male in certain areas of London the most dangerous thing is another young black male. It needs hard hitting education to sort this out.

Users who are viewing this thread