London stabbings... (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

In regards to crime, of course police cuts and general slashing of public services hasn't helped, but I do wonder what some people would be blaming instead of this hadn't been the case
But it is the case.
What you should be wondering is when are the government, (the party of law and order) going to stop bullshitting us about no correlation between police cuts and crime and sort it out.

That's not to say your other points aren't valid but first and foremost they need to sort out this policing issue pronto.

Macca

I understand that and it'd be interesting to see if it had an impact on the harder stuff. IMO, alcohol and tobacco are both more harmful physically, emotionally and socially than 'softer' drugs.

You are dead right on alcohol. If it was "discovered" today would surely be illegal. Mind you maybe the negative impact of the social acceptance of booze is actually an argument against legalising other drugs?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

But it is the case.
What you should be wondering is when are the government, (the party of law and order) going to stop bullshitting us about no correlation between police cuts and crime and sort it out.

That's not to say your other points aren't valid but first and foremost they need to sort out this policing issue pronto.

They do need to sort it out, you're right.

That said, it's not the main issue here and it would just be a side show to the main event. It conveniently takes the spotlight off the main problem.

Less police does mean more crime, and there is a correlation blatantly so I'm not sure what the denial is all about.

As I said though, it isn't the main issue here. Society particularly in London is just beyond recognition. I was actually working near the QPR stadium yesterday and today and some of the areas near there could be mistaken for Damascus.

Sky Blue Pete

That said, it's not the main issue here and it would just be a side show to the main event. It conveniently takes the spotlight off the main problem.

Less police does mean more crime, and there is a correlation blatantly so I'm not sure what the denial is all about.

As I said though, it isn't the main issue here. Society particularly in London is just beyond recognition. I was actually working near the QPR stadium yesterday and today and some of the areas near there could be mistaken for Damascus.
What’s that supposed to mean? Not sure they get torrential rain often in Damascus

Sick Boy

You are dead right on alcohol. If it was "discovered" today would surely be illegal. Mind you maybe the negative impact of the social acceptance of booze is actually an argument against legalising other drugs?

Humans are always going to want to take stuff that changes their mindset. I would still say the softer ones would be less harmful compared to alcohol.

I think it was David Nutt ranked the softer ones away below an alcohol and ended up getting sacked for his expert opinion. Yeah it was Estimating drug harms: a risky business? | Centre for Crime and Justice Studies

I'm sure the only reason cannabis remains illegal here is due to the fact that people would be able to grow it and the coportions would be unable to fully monopolise it, unlike alcohol, for example.

duffer

I doubt you've ever been to Damascus mate, but clearly you've got an issue with people of a different colour. Let me start your next post for you, just to save you a bit of typing...

"I'm not a racist but..."

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What’s that supposed to mean? Not sure they get torrential rain often in Damascus
I doubt you've ever been to Damascus mate, but clearly you've got an issue with people of a different colour. Let me start your next post for you, just to save you a bit of typing...

"I'm not a racist but..."

As I said in my last post, I fear it will only get worse. These responses are the kind of attitudes which will only contribute to that.

I haven't even said anything remotely that way actually, but you can call me that if it makes you feel better. There are definitely culture issues at the root of a lot of these issues, but if you want to play the ignorance card to make you feel better then that's your decision.

clint van damme

As I said in my last post, I fear it will only get worse. These responses are the kind of attitudes which will only contribute to that.

I haven't even said anything remotely that way actually, but you can call me that if it makes you feel better. There are definitely culture issues at the root of a lot of these issues, but if you want to play the ignorance card to make you feel better then that's your decision.

maybe so many Syrians wouldn't have felt the need to head for the UK if we weren't teaming up with Al Nusra to interfere in the affairs of a sovereign state.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

maybe so many Syrians wouldn't have felt the need to head for the UK if we weren't teaming up with Al Nusra to interfere in the affairs of a sovereign state.

More tip toeing around really. It isn't just Syrians though, and even if it was, our shitty offshore behaviour doesn't give people a free licence to do what they want.

I'm surprised you think that's ok really.

Nick

Administrator
Anybody caught carrying a knife, gun , weapon or getting into trouble who isn't a UK citizen or is claiming asylum. Instantly cancel it and put them on the first boat back.

No softly softly.

clint van damme

More tip toeing around really. It isn't just Syrians though, and even if it was, our shitty offshore behaviour doesn't give people a free licence to do what they want.

I'm surprised you think that's ok really.

you were the one that mentioned Syrians, if they weren't all Syrians why did you call them that? Is that your catch all description for middle eastern looking people?
You think our government arming islamists on one side of the Syrian/Iraqi border while fighting them on the other is OK then.
Unfortunately it gives rise to all sorts of 'shitty behaviour'.
I fucking hate Nigel Farage but it's one thing I agree with him on, we shouldn't be interfering in the affairs of sovereign states.

clint van damme

Anybody caught carrying a knife, gun , weapon or getting into trouble who isn't a UK citizen or is claiming asylum. Instantly cancel it and put them on the first boat back.

No softly softly.

wouldn't disagree with that. If you come here for what ever reason don't abuse our hospitality.

covcity4life

Always sad to see cov fans that are also racist

i earlsdons case he is naive and scared, perfect to be groomed by right wing

Sky Blue Pete

Again. What do you mean??? Culture issues. Spell it out man

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

you were the one that mentioned Syrians, if they weren't all Syrians why did you call them that? Is that your catch all description for middle eastern looking people?
You think our government arming islamists on one side of the Syrian/Iraqi border while fighting them on the other is OK then.
Unfortunately it gives rise to all sorts of 'shitty behaviour'.
I fucking hate Nigel Farage but it's one thing I agree with him on, we shouldn't be interfering in the affairs of sovereign states.

No, all I said some of the streets look like Damascus. You've been caught in the same nonsense as the others.

I could have said Accra, Mogadisu, or any other city in a third world country that's struggling.

Some cultures are stronger than others, some are worse than others. It's a fact that a lot of the perpetrators and victims of these crimes have come from deprived cultures.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

wouldn't disagree with that. If you come here for what ever reason don't abuse our hospitality.

But many people do though, and we are so tolerant that we have now gone the other way.

If I can't post on here that many of these issues have developed out of people from less fortunate cultures without being called a racist, what chance have we got to actually stopping this?

Virtually zero.

clint van damme

No, all I said some of the streets look like Damascus. You've been caught in the same nonsense as the others.

I could have said Accra, Mogadisu, or any other city in a third world country that's struggling.

Some cultures are stronger than others, some are worse than others. It's a fact that a lot of the perpetrators and victims of these crimes have come from deprived cultures.

When you start lumping Syria in with Somalia you're displaying a huge amount of ignorance.
Another point on Syria, a lot of people had 3 choices, stay where they were, (and you've seen the pictures of what has happened to the major towns and cities in Syria).
Leave the country and head somewhere safe.
Flee in to a territory controlled by ISIS.
What would you have done?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

When you start lumping Syria in with Somalia you're displaying a huge amount of ignorance.
Another point on Syria, a lot of people had 3 choices, stay where they were, (and you've seen the pictures of what has happened to the major towns and cities in Syria).
Leave the country and head somewhere safe.
Flee in to a territory controlled by ISIS.
What would you have done?

No, it's just your way of trying to deflect again.

Syria has a lot in common with Somalia in this argument because they are both third world countries. The UK is not a third world country.

However, if you import third world cultures, you tend to see some similar behaviour patterns emerging.

clint van damme

No, it's just your way of trying to deflect again.

Syria has a lot in common with Somalia in this argument because they are both third world countries. The UK is not a third world country.

However, if you import third world cultures, you tend to see some similar behaviour patterns emerging.

You're just being silly.
Your lumping a country like Syria which was often described as the cradle of civilisation in with an African basket case like Somalia. But they're all dark skinned foreigners right? Then you wonder why people are accusing you of racism.
You didn't answer my question regarding what you would have done if you were in a Syrian city which was being bombed?

Nick

Administrator
If they move here they abide by the UK laws and lifestyle. It's as simple as that. If I moved to UAE for example or another country I'd expect to abide by their laws.

Bollocks to the gently don't want to offend approach, the piss would be taken when people know they can get away with it.

If somebody wants to get asylum, build a life and a future for them and their kids while working hard then that's great. If they want to milk the system, live a life of crime or be twats then cheerio.

There's immigration sorted.

Nick

Administrator
It would be interesting to know how many people stabbed were part of gangs or had a criminal history. I'd expect the actual "innocent" people would be very minimal amongst the others that are to do with drugs / gangs / crime.

clint van damme

There's immigration sorted.

the best way to sort immigration would be to stop going around the world bombing and displacing millions of people at the behest of oil companies and a Wahhibist dictatorship.

Stay out of the affairs of other sovereign countries and concentrate on putting our own house in order.

covcity4life

the human race needs to be more compassionate and less dumb

literally be a utopia if every single person thought like that but i would say majority dont

Nick

Administrator
the human race needs to be more compassionate and less dumb

literally be a utopia if every single person thought like that but i would say majority dont

I have no compassion for twats who want to carry knives and act like animals. Ship them all off to a remote island so they can act like they are on the Purge and kill each other.

Giving people too much compassion and being soft is one of the reasons it goes on.

covcity4life

I have no compassion for twats who want to carry knives and act like animals. Ship them all off to a remote island so they can act like they are on the Purge and kill each other.

Giving people too much compassion and being soft is one of the reasons it goes on.

think of it this way

less dumb=no knife crime as its dumb to hurt people
more compassion=less knife crime as why would you want to hurt another person?

:)

clint van damme

but if everyone had compassion it wouldn't happen.
Not that it will ever happen but I think that was the thrust of CC4Ls post.

The world could certainly be a lot better than it is now that's for sure.

Nick

Administrator
think of it this way

less dumb=no knife crime as its dumb to hurt people
more compassion=less knife crime as why would you want to hurt another person?

:)

You don't need to preach that to me as I don't carry a knife and act like a mongrel. :)

Think as a country we need to stop being such soft twats and letting people get away with too much.

Carrying a knife, gang activity, drug dealing etc. Zero Tolerance. People will cry about human rights, they would be wavered as soon as somebody walks out the front door with a machete.

clint van damme

You don't need to preach that to me as I don't carry a knife and act like a mongrel. :)

Think as a country we need to stop being such soft twats and letting people get away with too much.

Carrying a knife, gang activity, drug dealing etc. Zero Tolerance. People will cry about human rights, they would be wavered as soon as somebody walks out the front door with a machete.

I would certainly give carrying a knife a mandatory custodial. Think you currently need to be caught twice, it's one too many.

covcity4life

oh i agree

punishment needs to deter people from doing it

that means longer sentences and prison being more of a horrible place to be

Sky Blue Pete

Read my reply to Clint.

You already know but just choose to ignore the problem. It's easier to call others racist or blame the shortage of police problem exclusively, rather than openly accept other factors.
No you only imply stuff because if you say what you mean it wouldn’t look great

So by saying it’s like Damascus what do you mean? I don’t want to put words in your mouth.

I think London is unique in its embracing of different cultures. Where it’s similar to many large cities is the abject poverty alongside riches beyond the reach of most of us

How are different cultures in developing countries like London I don’t understand explain let’s discuss

Damascus is a particularly bad example as Syria is currently in its nth year of civil war and is a war zone. Is that what you meant?

Users who are viewing this thread