Loan Watch (1 Viewer)

Garryb80

Thought he was brilliant against us dominated our forward line big strong & quick said at the time he looks a very good player...defo would be happy with this.

my money would be on Hyam going if that was the case.
Which game are you referring to? Beckles didnt play in the game last week...

larry_david

Morgan Williams went from playing the first 3 games in a week for Yeovil to not featuring at all last two games. Despite Robins praising his performances... Injured?

SlowerThanPlatt

Morgan Williams went from playing the first 3 games in a week for Yeovil to not featuring at all last two games. Despite Robins praising his performances... Injured?

Was only playing because they had 1 fit centre back Yeovil fans said. He was on bench last game but now they’ve got their players back he isn’t involved at all.

The lad they signed from Reading at the same time is still playing though.

Grendel

Grant Ward has joined Blackoool if he gets over his injury will be a good signing

SlowerThanPlatt

Revival.

Ngandu confirmed to Keflavik FC until Oct 17th.

Also expect Williams, Young, Bilson, Thompson, Eccles, Bremang and maybe Burroughs to get moves. Imagine last nights game might bring some interest about.

larry_david

Good luck young Jonnny! Hoping we will loan a few youngsters out. Players like Burroughs and Rowe who have had positive pre seasons need games now.

Eccles is another. Needs men's footy

Joy Division

I wonder how this loan move works in terms of his development. I assume Keflavik are part time and not like he can just pop back to training with us like a lot of the other youngsters on loan do due to the distance.

Good luck to him.

skybluesam66

I wonder how this loan move works in terms of his development. I assume Keflavik are part time and not like he can just pop back to training with us like a lot of the other youngsters on loan do due to the distance.

Good luck to him.
they are towards the end of their season - I think only a couple of months to go

Terry Gibson's perm

Should be good experience for the young man and this is how loans should work, they should be for player development not financial gain.

SlowerThanPlatt

With Eccles going to Gillingham these are the players I think should go on loan with a realistic level.

Billson (NL)
Thompson (L2/NL)
Williams (L2/NL)
Burroughs (L2/NL)
Young (NL)
Bremang (NL)

Bapaga would have been able to get a loan but is still only a scholar and his development would be better of here for the time being

U23s:

Tyler

Rowe
Drysdale
McGrath
Newton

Lafferty
Bartlett

Bapaga
Ngandu
Evans-Harriott

ST

Other possibilities: Howley (CM), Rodber (ST) Nightingale (AM) G.Burroughs (CB)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Don't the club want Billson to stay because the main area they think he needs work is on playing with his feet and they can't control that if he's elsewhere?

shmmeee

With Eccles going to Gillingham these are the players I think should go on loan with a realistic level.

Billson (NL)
Thompson (L2/NL)
Williams (L2/NL)
Burroughs (L2/NL)
Young (NL)
Bremang (NL)

Bapaga would have been able to get a loan but is still only a scholar and his development would be better of here for the time being

U23s:

Tyler

Rowe
Drysdale
McGrath
Newton

Lafferty
Bartlett

Bapaga
Ngandu
Evans-Harriott

ST

Other possibilities: Howley (CM), Rodber (ST) Nightingale (AM) G.Burroughs (CB)

Do we not play the 3421 at U18 level?

larry_david

Drysdale is a very interesting one because he looks like he's actually good enough to fill in but wee have so many cb options, bit like Eccles, wouldn't it be better for him out at league 1 game in game out rather than sat in our 23s waiting for a chance.

Agree with all others. Even if it's a month (current schedule this could be about 8 games)

stevefloyd

From what Ive seen of Bapaga he is worthy of going into the first team, very raw but very exciting obviously at his young age pick and choose his games but he certainly has a great deal to offer with being so lively

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

From the interview I read with Chay Thompson they adapt the style to suit the players they've got to best aid their development.

While this makes sense the ethos of the training and development must also be similar to that of the first team. After all you're putting them through a scholarship so the club can benefit from their development long term in the team and/or being sold on. No point in developing cloggers if the first team pass the ball around.

Joy Division

Jonny Ngandu has made a couple of appearances so far for Keflavik coming on as a second half substitute in his first game v IBV and playing 60 minutes against Fram.

You can watch his last game here if anybody has some time on their hands to give a scout report. It's the second tier of Icelandic football so be warned the standard of football is pretty low

SleepyGinger

I’d like to see Drysdale loaned to a league 1 club see how he does at that level, think he has big potential and probably 6th choice here this season.

larry_david

I’d like to see Drysdale loaned to a league 1 club see how he does at that level, think he has big potential and probably 6th choice here this season.
DD has to go out. He bossed it against Gillingham the other week, he's absolutely wasted playing u23s this season and I'm 100% sure he'll go out to a decent club.

SlowerThanPlatt

DD has to go out. He bossed it against Gillingham the other week, he's absolutely wasted playing u23s this season and I'm 100% sure he'll go out to a decent club.

Do you think Pask might go out? Robins said Da Costa is ahead of schedule and should be back in 3-4 weeks.

With Rose returning there’s 4 centre backs ahead of him too - it looks like another season playing no games unless injury

Users who are viewing this thread