Loan Watch (4 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

But would he be OK with that? And would we be OK with having a 4th choice on presumably quite high wages?

Obviously if we can't get rid of him then we don't have much choice. But it's potentially a big wage sat on the bench for 5 or 10 mins here and there.

I think he’ll have to be unless we can find someone willing to pay a fee and not offer a big wage cut. Sell it to him as his chance for a contract or to go in the shop window and get him to bulk up over the summer as prep for how we want him to play.

Grendel

giphy.gif

He scored a goal every other game for Mansfield and Lincoln and I think was top scorer last season.

I can’t see how a decline cannot be reversed

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He's shown in the past he knows where the goal is, but he at best has a louche demeanour that comes across to fans as a bit lazy.

With the way we play MR isn't going to accept a striker that isn't putting a shift in. If he can add that to his game he'd have a place here. Sadly the penny should have dropped by his age and I think it's a reputation that will follow him for his entire career.

no_loyalty

Pask in the starting lineup for Newport tonight.

better days

Hilßner looks to have suffered a bad injury
Translated from a German news article
Feel so bad for the lad
Players normally come back back to the club who own their registration for treatment for serious injuries

Bad news for Marcel Hilßner: The FSV Zwickau midfielder tore a cruciate ligament during the cup match against BSG Chemie Leipzig on Thursday evening.

Loan ends in summer
The 27-year-old had been on the pitch for just three minutes after being substituted on at half-time when he fell unhappily on the ground fighting for the ball, injured his knee and had to be substituted again. Tests on Friday morning revealed the bitter diagnosis. The winger will be out for months due to the serious injury. How things will continue for him is unclear.

Hilßner is only on loan from the English club Coventry City until the end of the season, where he is still under contract until 2023. Whether he still has a future at the club near Birmingham seems uncertain - not least because of his injury. He has made ten appearances for FSV since joining in winter and was directly involved in three goals.

SBT

Sad news for him.

Also dreadful news for us in terms of rebuilding the squad next season - hard to see how we get him off the wage bill now. He will surely go down as Robins’ worst ever signing here.

SlowerThanPlatt

Sad news for him.

Also dreadful news for us in terms of rebuilding the squad next season - hard to see how we get him off the wage bill now. He will surely go down as Robins’ worst ever signing here.

By the sounds of what he’s said about the foreign recruitment and that he will now be going to watch them in person to avoid “bad signings” I doubt he had much to do with it…

Evo1883

it definitely seems like Robins didn't have much to do with the da Costas and the kastaneers

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Sad news for him.

Someone's going to be best and someone's going to be worst.

higgs

Translated from a German news article
Feel so bad for the lad
Players normally come back back to the club who own their registration for treatment for serious injuries

Bad news for Marcel Hilßner: The FSV Zwickau midfielder tore a cruciate ligament during the cup match against BSG Chemie Leipzig on Thursday evening.

Loan ends in summer
The 27-year-old had been on the pitch for just three minutes after being substituted on at half-time when he fell unhappily on the ground fighting for the ball, injured his knee and had to be substituted again. Tests on Friday morning revealed the bitter diagnosis. The winger will be out for months due to the serious injury. How things will continue for him is unclear.

Hilßner is only on loan from the English club Coventry City until the end of the season, where he is still under contract until 2023. Whether he still has a future at the club near Birmingham seems uncertain - not least because of his injury. He has made ten appearances for FSV since joining in winter and was directly involved in three goals.
I think I can answer that one he has no future at this club he was nowhere near championship standard even before this injury

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

higgs

We all knew that when Hilssner was exciled to the U23s
Poor bloke will struggle to get back to being a professional footballer after this injury. Would we be insured against this type of injury while on loan

better days

Poor bloke will struggle to get back to being a professional footballer after this injury. Would we be insured against this type of injury while on loan

Unfortunately no the club won't have cover
The premiums would be prohibitive
Players often have career ending insurance
Hopefully it won't come to that and the lad can eventually recover

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

it definitely seems like Robins didn't have much to do with the da Costas and the kastaneers

I have said for a while that there are questions needing to be raised about the transfer dealings we do, and it looks like Robins agrees. When we have such a tight budget we have to be wise. They'll always be some that don't work out, but we need to make that margin smaller.

All the best to Marcel.

Skybluedownunder

Sad news for him.

Bouwe Bosma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

I’d be disappointed, and somewhat surprised, if our future transfer dealings rested on whether Marcel Hilßner continues to be in our squad.

Bugsy

Can't we just mutually agree to terminate his contract and pay a settlement figure or the rest of his contract up.

SBT

Surely that’s Kasta

Kastaneer at least played for us a handful of times - he even scored! Plus he was on L1 wages, and we were able to ship him out when required. No-one will pretend that Kastaneer offered value for money, but Hilssner has just been a money pit. We would have saved money by setting half a million on fire.

Terry Gibson's perm

He is more likely to come back than terminate as we must have a duty to help repair him, can’t think we will be extending it like Jones though.

Brighton Sky Blue

Kastaneer at least played for us a handful of times - he even scored! Plus he was on L1 wages, and we were able to ship him out when required. No-one will pretend that Kastaneer offered value for money, but Hilssner has just been a money pit. We would have saved money by setting half a million on fire.

Think there’s far more goodwill at the club for Hilssner

Users who are viewing this thread