Little bits of history. (1 Viewer)

1ccfc

Just looking back at a few of our players mentioned in recent threads. It's nice to see we have written a little bit of our own history in the record books.

Isaias, first Brazilian to play in the premier league.
Carlita, the first Portuguese player to be signed by an EPL team.
Ndlovu, the first African player to play in the EPL, also must have been the first Zimbabwean.
Yevtushok, the first Ukrainian player to play in the EPL. (Thanks skyblueelephant76).

And we also had Highfield Road, England's first all-seater stadium.

What other records do we have?

Brylowes

Highfeld Rd was first stadium to have an electric scoreboard.

CCFC were the only club to play in every division of English football in all its guises
ie: Prem, 1st Division, Championship, 2nd Division, 3rd Division, 3rd Division South,
3rd Division North, 4th Division , League 1, League 2

Terry Gibson's perm

Just looking back at a few of our players mentioned in recent threads. It's nice to see we have written a little bit of our own history in the record books.

Isaias, first Brazilian to play in the premier league.
Carlita, the first Portuguese player to be signed by an EPL team.
Ndlovu, the first African player to play in the EPL, also must have been the first Zimbabwean.
Yevtushok, the first Ukrainian player to play in the EPL. (Thanks skyblueelephant76).

And we also had Highfield Road, England's first all-seater stadium.

What other records do we have?

Was Ndlovu or Bruce Grobelaar

fernandopartridge

Isaias was the first Brazillian to score in the Premier League

I think Nuddy the first African to score in the Premier League, doubt he was the first Zimbabwean as Grobbelaar was still at Liverpool then

TomRad85

Yes pretty sure one of them scored agaiant Bradford 4-1 win
Nah Zuniga scored in a 4-1 vs Wednesday so you may be thinking of him, not sure if he scored in the 4-0 vs Bradford. Only going off memory, Guerrero only scored in friendly and Martinez got 2 in the championship, Millwall and Barnsley.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Guerrero would have fitted into this current side quite well as he was more of a wing back than full back.

JulianDarbyFTW

First kit sponsorship in the football league (again I think, and not sure if that was because it was banned so we circumvented it, a bit)

Was this the Talbot shirt, where the T was sort of 'hidden' (bad choice of words, but don't know how else to put it right now) as part of the kit design?

rhino1002

CCFC are the only club to play in every division of the football league
1st 2nd 3rd and 4th division 3rd div north and 3rd div south
premier league, championship, league one and league two
a feat no one else has ever done and will ever do again

Old Warwickshire lad

Under Jimmy Hill we were a very progressive club for ideas. Think we were first to charter trains ( Sky blue express).
Sky blue pool was also a first I think. Also pioneers in large screens for away games. Got our fingers burned investing in USA as well.

skybluelee

Nah Zuniga scored in a 4-1 vs Wednesday so you may be thinking of him, not sure if he scored in the 4-0 vs Bradford. Only going off memory, Guerrero only scored in friendly and Martinez got 2 in the championship, Millwall and Barnsley.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Yeah Zuniga scored v Bradford too.

Users who are viewing this thread