Little bits of history. (1 Viewer)

TomRad85

Yeah Zuniga scored v Bradford too.
Thought so but can't quite picture the goal. I remember almost everything from that season, was my favourite season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

We signed a lot of players in the Strachan era but he only had eyes for one man the amazing Telfer a man could produce nothing week after week and still get picked, yet another player would come in have a bad ten minutes and not get picked for months.

Skyblueweeman

first electronic scoreboard
first colour matchday programme
first leaders of the premier league

I don't think we were the first leaders of the PL. I think Norwich were as they wont their first game by 2 goals. Others, including us only won by 1 goal i think.

Unless I've got the wrong season.

Ring Of Steel

I don't think we were the first leaders of the PL. I think Norwich were as they wont their first game by 2 goals. Others, including us only won by 1 goal i think.

Unless I've got the wrong season.

No you have the right season, but these were the days when they never produced a table until a few games in, and we were definitely the first name on top of the table when it was shown, as we won our first three. So you're both right I guess..

Tommo1993

Has anyone else scored an away hat trick at Anfield since Ndlovu?

First away team to score 5 at Stadium of Light.

skybluesam66

we also claim to have the highest away attendance at Old trafford
Arsenal had under soil heating decades before us.
decades would mean early sixties or late fifties
We had ours around 1980. The guy who used to operate it used to sort out tickets for us. Edit Everton in 1958 were the 1st

Happy_Martian

no that was in 1998 (one of my favourite ever games btw).
we scored 5 at Blackburn in 1993.

To choruses coming out of Ewood Park that night "We all agree.... Quinny is better than Shearer". And Radio 5 were so hooked on Blackburn going top for the first time in their history if they beat us by 3 goals, they spent 5 minutes talking about our paint splatter red/white away kit while Lee Hurst put the ball in the back of the net from 20 yards. Ahhh, memories :)

DannyThomas_1981

Text a sub
Orange Ken in the dugout
'Sky Blue Sam is obese' 'He's a fucking elephant Onye'
Peter 'Instant Success' Reid
Taxi for Robins (3 months later, 5 points clear with a game in hand)
Let's play Pask and Dabo in midfield

:D

wingy

To choruses coming out of Ewood Park that night "We all agree.... Quinny is better than Shearer". And Radio 5 were so hooked on Blackburn going top for the first time in their history if they beat us by 3 goals, they spent 5 minutes talking about our paint splatter red/white away kit while Lee Hurst put the ball in the back of the net from 20 yards. Ahhh, memories :)
A game that has messed badly with my memory.
The joy listening to R5 and fuming about Alan Green referring to 'Coventry in Pink kit' .
Well that would have been a first .

CJ_covblaze

As well as the first club to top the Premier League we were also the first to top the Championship.

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Until the last international window, the most internationally capped Premier League player was one of ours. We were his only PL club too.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Surely we were the first team to beat another team which played us wearing our own kit.
Chelsea . We beat them 3-1. Frank lebueof/ lebourf/ lebeurf/ lesbian threw his Cov shirt to the floor disrespectfully as he walked off.

Skybluefaz

Aren't we the only team to have played at every level in the football league after we went down to league 2. I believe we played in the old north and south leagues when they were a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread