Listen To Me Just Hear Me Out (3 Viewers)

Grendel

If I could have your attention

There are times when the club in a season reaches a cross roads

To me this season that is today. I previously started a thread on the same vein with Mowbray and was proved right as the car crash unfolded

In many areas the club has some could players who could make this a successful season.

We criminally lack any forwards who top 6 teams would want or we get the goals to dry up. Biamou, Bakayoko and Hiwula are duds. Godden finds the Robins way and stops scoring. Clarke Harris and Chaplin escape the Robins way and start scoring

Only team to have no away wins, pitiful goals difference and embarrassing number of goals scored - a team in the drop zone with 5 wins versus our 7

It is still possible to turn the season around. A different style and crucially new forwards. The rest of the team is competitive and capable

Like Ipswich we are slumping.

What do we do? Stick or twist?

The taxi is warming up and needs to be heading to Birmingham unless a change of approach and personnel is adopted soon

SlowerThanPlatt

giphy.gif

Evo1883

To me this season that is today. I previously started a thread on the same vein with Mowbray and was proved right as the car crash unfolded

In many areas the club has some could players who could make this a successful season.

We criminally lack any forwards who top 6 teams would want or we get the goals to dry up. Biamou, Bakayoko and Hiwula are duds. Godden finds the Robins way and stops scoring. Clarke Harris and Chaplin escape the Robins way and start scoring

Only team to have no away wins, pitiful goals difference and embarrassing number of goals scored - a team in the drop zone with 5 wins versus our 7

It is still possible to turn the season around. A different style and crucially new forwards. The rest of the team is competitive and capable

The taxi is warming up and needs to be heading to Birmingham unless a change of approach and personnel is adopted soon

I think you will be proved wrong and we will still have a good season..

cc84cov

The striker situation is clear to see chaplin was said to be used with a target man Biamou I felt was who he wanted him paired with but got injured without a doubt Robins sent Chaplins development backwards & he got out first chance he had,JCH deemed not good enough goes to Bristol & starts scoring freely,in comes Godden 18 goals last season at this level looks to have suffered from being played alone something isn’t right with regards to what we are doing with our strikers.

Skybluefaz

The striker situation is clear to see chaplin was said to be used with a target man Biamou I felt was who he wanted him paired with but got injured without a doubt Robins sent Chaplins development backwards & he got out first chance he had,JCH deemed not good enough goes to Bristol & starts scoring freely,in comes Godden 18 goals last season at this level looks to have suffered from being played alone something isn’t right with regards to what we are doing with our strikers.
McNulty. 28 goals. Really fucking struggled didn't he?

SlowerThanPlatt

I know Grendel isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but he has raised some valid points which deserve to be debated without it turning into an abuse war.

The only losing 3 games would be great if we were winning a lot of the other games but we’re not. Rotherham have lost 4 more and are above us.

cc84cov

@Grendel is your opinion Robins will not be able to take us into the championship and he’s reached his level now ? I’ve heard this from a few people I’m not so sure just yet

Adge

No you have raised some valid points. Let’s see if we are still in the mix come the New Year and a reinforcement or 2.

cc84cov

No you have raised some valid points. Let’s see if we are still in the mix come the New Year and a reinforcement or 2.
We have no money mate I don’t see many coming in lucky to get 1 competing against clubs with money to spend

ccfcway

I know Grendel isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but he has raised some valid points which deserve to be debated without it turning into an abuse war.

The only losing 3 games would be great if we were winning a lot of the other games but we’re not. Rotherham have lost 4 more and are above us.

This constant boom or bust after every win or loss is bizarre. It’s a long season and we have the opportunity to strengthen in Jan. we are one or two players away from a very strong side. How come this taxi wasn’t running on Tuesday ?

fernandopartridge

Faz you gotta give me more than one name mate he’s signed how many strikers ? Also that was league 2 level I fancy most our strikers to score 20+ at that level mate
Clarke was signed by Robins and Mcgoldrick had that great run under him but wasn't signed by him.

Grendel

Clarke was signed by Robins and Mcgoldrick had that great run under him but wasn't signed by him.

You are sensible - what do you think? I think this could be squandered opportunity

Grendel

Grendel

fernandopartridge

You are sensible - what do you think? I think this could be squandered opportunity
I can just about tolerate it but if we're in the bottom half at the turn of the year I might be minded to agree with you, as our form is virtually relegation form as I posted last week.

clint van damme

We have no money mate I don’t see many coming in lucky to get 1 competing against clubs with money to spend

I'm not on board with a lot of what Grendel has said but the money issue is a red herring.
There are several forwards in the league 1 leading scorers who cost less than Bakayoko let aĺone Godden

SkyblueBri

Just quietin' down for a voice in the crowd.
I get so confused and I don't understand, our tactics anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread