Listen to me, hear me out 3 (1 Viewer)

Exit Stage Left

This DannyThomas character is the worst type of after timing, points scoring, toss pot on here.

He only crawls out from under his rock when he can make snide comments. A complete spunk nozzle only fit for the ignore button.

Completely agree.

Grendel

Some points of view actively detract from the experience. Trolls just want to argue and insult, waste of everyone’s time. Rule one of the Internet was always don’t feed them, applies as much today as in the 90s.

Bit of self awareness at last?

itsabuzzard

Some points of view actively detract from the experience. Trolls just want to argue and insult, waste of everyone’s time. Rule one of the Internet was always don’t feed them, applies as much today as in the 90s.
Aren't all points of view "the experience"? I disagree with a lot of what Grendel says, but not all of it. He can be insulting, but you won't do your blood pressure any favours if you come on here with a thin skin. Anyway, I suspect that much of the time he's hurling abuse, he's got his tongue firmly in his cheek. What is truly a waste of everyone's time is posters responding to what they think he's said, rather than what he's actually said. That applies across the board.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Esoterica

What tactically has changed since the doom and gloom prediction?
Nothing from our side. On the whole we’ve been brilliant against the top sides in each of the last 3 seasons. Today we played a team that was top of the league, playing at home and desperate to win after consecutive defeats (rather than a Lincoln who came for a draw and to nick a win if they could). It played right into the hands of our Plan A. Tranmere would take a point at home and Rotherham will come to us to win. They will be massive but different tests. If we can adapt and overcome those tests then we’re strong contenders for autos. Will be intriguing viewing.

Grendel

Certain folks sit on the fence. Give him bit of credit he don't sit on the fence like others on here. Like me he has opinion. But generally the fuckers clueless.

Well you’ve said we are nailed on for the autos and just slam out the c word when people disagree with you.

Not exactly debating society material are you?

Londonccfcfan

Well you’ve said we are nailed on for the autos and just slam out the c word when people disagree with you.

Not exactly debating society material are you?
Nothing to debate. Either your faithfull. Or not. Clearly your knowledge leads to be unfaithful. Bye.

Grendel

Aren't all points of view "the experience"? I disagree with a lot of what Grendel says, but not all of it. He can be insulting, but you won't do your blood pressure any favours if you come on here with a thin skin. Anyway, I suspect that much of the time he's hurling abuse, he's got his tongue firmly in his cheek. What is truly a waste of everyone's time is posters responding to what they think he's said, rather than what he's actually said. That applies across the board.

His skin is paper thin - he dishes it out and whimpers when it comes back

He can’t stand it as he’s all prickly when you bring up his council heritage

He did a real flounce on GMK - he’s a 5 year old in a mans body

Grendel

Nothing to debate. Either your faithfull. Or not. Clearly your knowledge leads to be unfaithful. Bye.

Faithful? Bet you was one of those clowns who said Thorn was a tactical genius

harvey098

This DannyThomas character is the worst type of after timing, points scoring, toss pot on here.

He only crawls out from under his rock when he can make snide comments. A complete spunk nozzle only fit for the ignore button.

He seems like a genuine fan who wants Coventry to win. His snide comments only ever seem to be in defence of CCFC against people who constantly slag off the team, it’s players and manager.

DannyThomas_1981

He seems like a genuine fan who wants Coventry to win. His snide comments only ever seem to be in defence of CCFC against people who constantly slag off the team, it’s players and manager.

That's very decent of you Harvey.
There are 2-3 people on here who seem to get seriously angry that someone doesn't agree with their continuous need to slag off individuals in the team. Or doesn't join in with their need to go mental if we lose a game.
As for the charge that I hide under a rock and only ever make snide comments - I would hope that anyone who reads what I have to say views that to be complete nonsense.

PVA

I like Danny, seems a good guy and has a similar positive outlook on the game to me.

Much rather read his positive and glass half full opinions than the relentless negativity that we see on here, or those that seem to take satisfaction in Baka/Biamou missing a chance,as an example, so they can slag them off on here.

Even suggesting that the taxi should be 'warming up' for Robins is just absurd and deserves to be called out.

DannyThomas_1981

I like Danny, seems a good guy and has a similar positive outlook on the game to me.

Much rather read his positive and glass half full opinions than the relentless negativity that we see on here, or those that seem to take satisfaction in Baka/Biamou missing a chance,as an example, so they can slag them off on here.

Even suggesting that the taxi should be 'warming up' for Robins is just absurd and deserves to be called out.

Really appreciate that PVA - thank you.

DannyThomas_1981

Genuine fan? He doesn't even go to games.

Just another keyboard, armchair warrior.

I have a career that means I'm posted overseas. I try and watch all games on I-follow.

Never claimed to be a super fan attending all home and away games - but when I can be back in the UK I go to watch as often as I can.

I was also a season ticket holder for many years before I left in the UK. You have no right to say I am not a genuine fan.

clint van damme

Absolutely bizarre that this post has a like from someone who hasn't even been on the match thread

Why, on a match day, when we've beat the league leaders 4-1 would you not look at a mat h thread but be trawling through the bickering?

fellatio_Martinez

I was also a season ticket holder for many years before I left in the UK. You have no right to say I am not a genuine fan.

giphy.gif

shmmeee

All I know is this place got 1000% better without him. Only downside is occasionally you still get other people feeding him and taking threads off track.

Some people really are worthless I guess. Not about thin or thick skins, just some people enjoy shitting up threads and conversation is better without them. Same as you’d remove a disruptive kid from a classroom.

covcity4life

i think its fair to bring up old posts if there is egg on face, got to be a deterrent to making such claims in future?

shouldnt be obsessed with it though and we all make mistakes(me less so). but come on what more does MR need to do before we give him time and patience as fans?

Covkid1968#

Every time I get all excited about the promotion push I keep having that comprehensive win against Gillingham pop into my head and how I was convinced we would push on and win the league that year. I just hope MR doesn’t fizzle out like it all seemed to that year.
He seems too focused too organised and too professional to let that happen..... but still..... I felt the same walking out the Ricoh a few years ago as I did after yesterday’s performance.... and yet the wheels came off spectacularly in the new year.
People are right to question his tactics after a poor result but I trust Robins ... We have to....he’s worked wonders since his return. He’s not going to let us down now.

Sky Blue Pete

Every time I get all excited about the promotion push I keep having that comprehensive win against Gillingham pop into my head and how I was convinced we would push on and win the league that year. I just hope MR doesn’t fizzle out like it all seemed to that year.
He seems too focused too organised and too professional to let that happen..... but still..... I felt the same walking out the Ricoh a few years ago as I did after yesterday’s performance.... and yet the wheels came off spectacularly in the new year.
People are right to question his tactics after a poor result but I trust Robins ... We have to....he’s worked wonders since his return. He’s not going to let us down now.
Great post. It does feel good the togetherness at the end of the game was Notts county again

Grendel

All I know is this place got 1000% better without him. Only downside is occasionally you still get other people feeding him and taking threads off track.

Some people really are worthless I guess. Not about thin or thick skins, just some people enjoy shitting up threads and conversation is better without them. Same as you’d remove a disruptive kid from a classroom.

You really are developing some self awareness Mr Council

Grendel

i think its fair to bring up old posts if there is egg on face, got to be a deterrent to making such claims in future?

shouldnt be obsessed with it though and we all make mistakes(me less so). but come on what more does MR need to do before we give him time and patience as fans?

Yes you can judge a manager alright

Times Article

Skybluefaz

I hear what you are saying. My thoughts are that we have a much more balanced side now compared to that Mowbray team with a good defence and gk. That Mowbray team was like a bodybuilder that always skipped leg day

covcity4life

No as you frequently stated he was a better manager than Robins
Mark Robins at the game last night

no i didnt, i said robins is gone now and considering its october of a new season i am full of optimism for pressley, that will never change, i was full of optimism for andy thorne at start of season too!!

2 posts down i wrote that robins was great and didnt just rely on mcgoldrick, my thoughts on robins have always been positive

Users who are viewing this thread