Liquidation (2 Viewers)

Covstu

There also seems to be the understanding that we would have been a league one club if SISU didn't take us over then making our 'push' up the leagues?? This didn't really work well for Plymouth or Luton who didn't really cover after this master plan did they??

sky blue john

If 10,000 fans each paid two hundred quid and then two quid a week, we could pay for Mcgoldrick.

But most people won't put their money where 88their mouth is.

Great idea Sisu would love you and if we up the weekly amount we can also pay the rent !!!

Godiva

If 10,000 fans each paid two hundred quid and then two quid a week, we could pay for Mcgoldrick.

Isn't that pretty much what's happening already through the ticket sales?

SkyblueBazza

The biggest problem is when big money is paid to average players.

We are a division below where McG is contracted to. 10k is an average at some clubs for the Championship. If you paid 10k x 2 to two scoring strikers and then lower amounts to the squad players you would be OK as long as your income allows it. If you pay everyone 10k you are going to be in trouble.

So imagine you are a half-decent L1 midfielder...how much would you be paid to create chance for this striker(s) to cream-off this £10k a week. And if you only got half of what this striker got - you would be much less motivated wherever you play on the pitch = weak link = back where we started.
Striker is no more important than any other team role. It's just the end product for a team effort...that gets the plaudits. Even the goalkeeper wants to score goals if he gets the chance, but if we had eleven vying to put the ball in the net, we'd leak like a sieve.

Sky Blue Kid

@ ccfc92..
But it's not after 1 defeat. It's after 5 years of shit ownership and poor management selections, along with a record amount of defeats in 1 season under Thorn!(Unless you have forgotten...We got Relegated) Mark Robins has inherited pisspoor signings by Thorn(Were the last 9 a parting shot at CCFC?)
@ Grendel...
A big amount of respect to you, admitting you were wrong, but then you go and sit on the fence again in this post?
CJparker....
I said at the "Get Go" SISU were not going to be any good,(A hedge Funder only thinks about making quick turnovers) and I would have taken administration there and then!
Everybody take a deep breath..Step back..ask yourselves, Are SISU good for us?....IMO............................NOT ON YOUR FOOKING NELLIE!!!:jerkit:

Astute

So imagine you are a half-decent L1 midfielder...how much would you be paid to create chance for this striker(s) to cream-off this £10k a week. And if you only got half of what this striker got - you would be much less motivated wherever you play on the pitch = weak link = back where we started.
Striker is no more important than any other team role. It's just the end product for a team effort...that gets the plaudits. Even the goalkeeper wants to score goals if he gets the chance, but if we had eleven vying to put the ball in the net, we'd leak like a sieve.

So all players should be on the same money?

jon92

Coventry City have been told to pay the rent on a weekly basis by 12 noon on a Friday or risk being locked out of the Ricoh Arena on a match day.
This appears to be the latest ultimatum given to City's owners SISU by Arena Coventry Limited in a bid to get the club to start paying rent for the facilities at the Ricoh Arena.
Well over £1m is owed in back rent by SISU who stopped paying rent following the club's relegation to League One as a bargaining chip in order to get the rent which was initially agreed by Paul Fletcher lowered and this has evolved in to a major row which has seen CCFC staff moved to other buildings such as the training ground, staff locked out of offices and supporters being affected by this row

Wrenstreetcarpark

Coventry City have been told to pay the rent on a weekly basis by 12 noon on a Friday or risk being locked out of the Ricoh Arena on a match day.
This appears to be the latest ultimatum given to City's owners SISU by Arena Coventry Limited in a bid to get the club to start paying rent for the facilities at the Ricoh Arena.
Well over £1m is owed in back rent by SISU who stopped paying rent following the club's relegation to League One as a bargaining chip in order to get the rent which was initially agreed by Paul Fletcher lowered and this has evolved in to a major row which has seen CCFC staff moved to other buildings such as the training ground, staff locked out of offices and supporters being affected by this row

Well, is it true or just a ghost story?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
would be interesting to know the source of the latest story to emerge................

theprince

All gone a bit quiet regards the Ricoh rent debacle. I believe SISU are gambling ACL wouldn't dare initiate a blockade of the Ricoh thus seeing a match cancelled, that could have dire effect for the football club and fans would probably blame ACL or the council take your pick. But the fact we are now around the 9000 mark for home games i think means something will give sooner rather than later. The silence from the SISU camp is a worry

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
thanks jon92 but that wasnt really the source i meant ............ where or from who did they get their story ........... why is it that within 24 hours we have unsubstantiated stories of a lock out and bailiffs ? ........ who is providing that info and to what purpose? ..... is it coming from ACL side or the CCFC side or from someone else entirely?

jon92

Oh rite sorry I thought u were accusing me of making it up I just post what I see and what I think others haven't seen

Covstu

Interesting one this actually, you look at other job roles and generally there is a scale to what that role pays. Could they do this with football but reward high performing players with better bonuses i.e. goals, assists, clean sheets etc. Would certainly be a motivator!!

psgm1

Banned

But most people won't put their money where their mouth is.

Why should they? Surely thats why you have to pay to watch them!

Even if the fans did pay for Dm, and miraculously cov stayed up or better yet manage promotion - would SISU pay back the fans for their loyalty and for their funding the team SISU own?

Its SISU's responsibility to improve the team. If they cannot or wont, then they should move on.

Its ridiculous to expect fans to fund SISU even more!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I dont get the arguement of putting our hands deeper in our pockets to fund signing a player. We have at least 36 players signed on ..... all being well paid (some over paid)....... we dont need that many and sure as hell dont need to be paying out that total of wages. But we do and probably cant afford to make a decent McGoldrick offer because of it. Surely to plan to over spend, be over staffed in that way isnt that mis management? why should we dig deep to fund such a plan further ? why should be fund the mismanagement ?

Aside from that what about his bonuses etc....... what if he is injured do we stop paying or get a refund....... is it for 1 year or 3........ what if we make a transfer profit .......... what if he leaves on a free ..... would we have to fund all that too.

Even if you ignore helping SISU out i draw a line at upping my expenditure to fund a players wages who may or may not bring us success - Season Ticket 296 plus 200 plus £2 pw ........ £600 to watch CCFC for 9 months of each year ........... In my mind i can justify (just about) £296 but £600 not a chance

bottom line is that until i see clear evidence that the finances are being sorted out and secured I see no reason for supporters to find extra money for CCFC above their usual tickets etc. Of course if finances are sorted out the extra money wont be needed will it

Last edited:

wingy

Conversely OSB as finances allegedly are sorted out ,they carry the accompaniment of lower and lower levels of achievement and league position.SISUS inability to fund this club is costing it its status,fanbase, and interest charges +cheaper STs that have affected its ability to hold onto one or two of our better players in the last season alone.Sanity in the market place is fine if all others are doing it simultaniously ,rather than unilaterally.

Brighton Sky Blue

Giving the club extra money makes as much sense as giving a desperate gambler more cash for a spin on the roulette wheel.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Conversely OSB as finances allegedly are sorted out ,they carry the accompaniment of lower and lower levels of achievement and league position.SISUS inability to fund this club is costing it its status,fanbase, and interest charges +cheaper STs that have affected its ability to hold onto one or two of our better players in the last season alone.Sanity in the market place is fine if all others are doing it simultaniously ,rather than unilaterally.

yes wingy ........ think you and i would agree that football in general needs to deal with its insanity. however at some point CCFC have to address the issue properly whether or not others do. We have no assets to secure finance, there is no financial white knight, there is at best a reasonable fan base, and very little football success so the only way out is to control cost.

I find it difficult to conclude that CCFC are adopting tight fiscal control when we have by far the biggest squad in the division and all the associated costs that it brings. I find it hard to conclude that the buying policy and associated wages has been targetted or successful when the core issues of leadership, pace, movement, goal scoring and flair have not really been addressed. I find it hard to conclude that the links between club and supporter have strengthened when the gates decrease and apathy rules. I find it hard to conclude that the words of directors when referring to anything about the club especially transparency are anything more than sound bite smoke and mirrors. In that light i really can not justify any fan dipping further into their hard earnt cash simply to pay wages a players employer wont and cant afford

I can see what you are saying but CCFC has a choice really............ continue with overspending based on a non existent asset base and be one of the first lemmings over the cliff ...... or ........ make a difficult choice (it is very difficult because of fan expectation) and put the club first, unilaterally deal with the issues to ensure a long term future.

Just think it is wrong to ask the fans for more when in reality they are given little in return and the same mistakes are compounded year after year

wingy

Whatever happened to the fan share issue ?How many months back did we hear that and where has that dynamic local ,connected, successful busunessman, to be sourced as chairman got to ??

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
we seem to hear a lot of things wingy its seeing them done that seems to be the problem :thinking about:

I can tell you that no further shares have been issued in CCFC H Limited because the annual return has been filed 26/10/12 with 13949.95 shares issued same as before.

CCFC annual return is due 16/05/13 and the one for SBS&L 28/11/12....... that should tell us share issues ...... including how much of the loan from SISU converted to equity as TF said was done at the fans forum ............ i was told he has since denied that he had said that. :whistle:

SkyblueBazza

I'm saying that there should only be small differences in basic pay. Then there should be bonus payments for going beyond expectation. That's how most of us get rewarded. So a striker has a bonus for every goal scored. A goalkeeper is bonused for every shot on target stopped & other players bonused similarly for a specific measurable(s). ALL get a win bonus.
The end result being they all feel very similarly financially motivated toward getting the result desired. If one player gets lots more than another - just like you or I, his teammates would be aggrieved.
Kilblane might only play L1 for a high basic. His teammates compare his worth in training initially & then on matchdays would give him the opportunity to prove that basic - & after a few unworthy performances...lose faith quickly!

davebart

Good strikers are paid substantially more than other players because scoring goals is not something most players are capable of.
Just look at the number of so called strikers around who don't even score 10 a season. It is a massive skill, the game is entirely reliant on it, and it is in short supply.
Hence the premium paid.

Black6Osprey

Decent strikers at any level have always been and always will be paid more than other positions. Its a non issue for me in terms of the teams motivation etc. It is an issue for us as we can't afford a decent striker. Everyone seems to admit without McGoldrick we would be in the shit and that's why he commands a bigger salary. The average wage in League 1 is a little over £1000 a week, £4000 in the Championship and £22000 in the Premier (These figures are published they are not mine) . We all know the (supposedly) better players in each league are getting a lot more than the average and goal scorers are correctly positioned at the top.

CJparker

He'd be laughing all the way to The Leeds.

Loved that advert!

Why on earth did they think that the man who played Arthur Daley was a good person to advertise their building society as a reliable place to invest money lol

cloughie

oldskyblue58 CCFC annual return is due 16/05/13 and the one for SBS&L 28/11/12....... that should tell us share issues ...... including how much of the loan from SISU converted to equity as TF said was done at the fans forum ............ i was told he has since denied that he had said that. :whistle:[/QUOTE said:
I hope that he has denied it , it will at last confirm what alot of us already knew about this snake, he speaks with a forked tongue, some might call him a liar and smoke machine operator

Users who are viewing this thread