line up now you have a look at most players (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

I meant for saturdays game. But how anyone can really tell what type of player Fleck is yet is beyond me.

Fair enough if it isn't for when everyone is fit, that would be a joke. But I personally wouldn't play 4-4-2, that's my opinion.

He's a #10 player (not because of his squad number), behind the striker(s), he wouldn't suit a 4-4-2 and considering he has looked a class above everyone else, we should build the team around him... The diamond is one option, so is 4-2-3-1 & 3-5-2 but because of a severe lack of wingers, I'd imagine we play without wingers... :whistle:

I agree with StevieM on McSheffrey, he'd be in for a LOT more criticism and ridicule if he weren't from Coventry, especially if he was foreign!

Last edited:

KersleyDigs

My view of our strongest XI:

--------------------Murphy----------------------
Clarke-----Malaga--------Wood-------Hussey
------------------Jennings----------------------
--------Barton----------Kilbane/Thomas------
---------------------Fleck------------------------
------------Elliott---------McSheffrey----------

Subs: Bell, Baker, Ball, McDonald, Christie, Cameron, Edje

Nonleagueherewecome

------Murphy
Clarke--Malaga--Wood--Hussey
-------------Jennings
---Thomas-----------Barton
------------Fleck
-------Mcdonald--Elliott

That's mine too, although I might go for Kilbane over Thomas for more experience.

Of course, the odds of us actually having them all fit at the same time are almost zero, so it's kind of academic.

Nonleagueherewecome

Did you go to the game last night? It didn't stop the long balls!

There weren't that many long balls, just lots of long kicks by Murphy. Generally speaking, most goal-kicks are long-balls at every club in the country!

For the majority of the time we actually built play along the deck through Jennings and Hussey. Which caused a lot more booing than the long-balls that we all now apparently hate as it's perceived as "negative"...you really can't win with City fans, can you?

Nonleagueherewecome

Gotta fell sorry for Elliot as we was the better of the two front players yesterday and everyone wants to kick him out for Ball who's done jack so far. I think if Ball has to play (and I've seen nothing yet to say he can play) when we needa bit of extra height we should take off the forward having the least impact and heaven forbid that could be McDonald or maybe even play all three but that would mean a change of formation so thats not going to happen.

I think Elliott could well score more than Cody: he scored 15 in the Championship one season, you know! He looked twice the player that Cody is last night, and he doesn't have match fitness yet. Lad is a player.

covboy9

MURPHY

HUSSEY WOOD BROWN CLARKE

JENNINGS THOMAS

BARTON FLECK ELLIOTT

MCDONALD

Agree with general opinion of mcsheff, apart from occasionally shooting well he is now a total shambles of a player, shame but his body just isn't up to it anymore

Mucca Mad Boys

I think Elliott could well score more than Cody: he scored 15 in the Championship one season, you know! He looked twice the player that Cody is last night, and he doesn't have match fitness yet. Lad is a player.

In Cody's defence, he's a different type of striker, Cody is a striker, where, if you give him a chance, he will score more often than not, and last night he had 1 half chance. Elliott is more mobile, more willing to take the ball on and dribble.

I think them 2 compliment each other well and should start for us, with Ball coming on as part of a plan B...

Grendel

In Cody's defence, he's a different type of striker, Cody is a striker, where, if you give him a chance, he will score more often than not, and last night he had 1 half chance. Elliott is more mobile, more willing to take the ball on and dribble.

I think them 2 compliment each other well and should start for us, with Ball coming on as part of a plan B...

He hasn't scored more often than not for us. His goals per shot ratio is not great and he is at an age where he should be an established player by now.

Mucca Mad Boys

He hasn't scored more often than not for us. His goals per shot ratio is not great and he is at an age where he should be an established player by now.

I rate Cody, last year he wasn't 100%, but this is year can show everyone his quality, I believe you give him a chance, he'll score more often than not, Yeovil wasn't a good example I have to admit, but he still got a goal.

Users who are viewing this thread