line up now you have a look at most players (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

If all fit........

........:...............Murphy..........................

Clarke...........Malaga/Wood (c)........Hussey

........................Jennings..............................

Barton .................................................Sheff
Or Baker

............................Fleck..................................

......................Ball..........Cody........................

dongonzalos

Eliot to interchange with ball depending on opposition.

Kilbane to come on to steady ship with half an hour to go.

thechase

Replace McSheffrey and Bal with Kilbane and Elliott and keep in Barton and i agree. As long as Brown is off the pitch that shores the defence up already.

CovKingChris

Facebook User
Don't understand why people rate McSheffery. He's diabolical. Definitely play Kilbane and Barton and swap Elliot with Ball depending on the physicality of the opposition.

dongonzalos

I think on the left he creates havoc. Usually for about 60 mins in a game.
Now we have the luxury of replacing him after the 60 mins. So we don't have the accompanying anonymous 30 mins.

LJC_CCFC

Murphy

Christie
Malaga
Wood
Hussey

Jennings
Barton
Baker/macca
Fleck

Cody
Elliott

Subs to come on most games
Killer
Ball
Baker/macca

dongonzalos

He did that more times than not when I watched him last season. Hopefully the competition this season will really force him to step up to the plate.

Nick

Administrator
In some games he can turn it on, other times when he is on the left the only havoc he was causing is when he lost the ball and didn't track back which cost us a couple of goals. I am not sure if it is a mental thing or he just hasn't got it any more.

dongonzalos

Hope it is a mental thing. Think him hussey, cody, Elliot and Barton could produce some very creative stuff between them

Nick

Administrator
It must be mental as sometimes he can switch it on and do something great but we can't afford having him play on the home he can have an amazing 10 minutes every 10th game :(

stupot07

He did that more times than not when I watched him last season. Hopefully the competition this season will really force him to step up to the plate.

Are you sure you actually go to games, because more often or not sheffers did not cause havoc last season

Reynolds_121

Might aswell stick it in a diamond because that's what Thorn is going to use ...

-- Murphy --

-- Clarke -- Malaga -- Wood -- Hussey --

-- Jennings --

-- Barton -- Baker --

-- Mcsheffrey --

-- Elliot -- Mcdonald --

dongonzalos

My view of it. Was he would have a good first hour. I felt apart from Norwood and Nimely he was our only creative outlet last season.
Then after about an hour, bang he would be completely gone.

When he would cut in from the left he would invariably get a shot off, get fouled (most of which were not genuine fouls). Or flash a ball across the area that if we had a striker we would have got in the end of.

Grendel

He hasn't caused havoc since he played his first season at Birmingham. The image is almost laughable to be honest.

stupot07

He hasn't caused havoc since he played his first season at Birmingham. The image is almost laughable to be honest.

I agree - yes he can do something good or score a goal but for 90% he was on the pitch last season he was poor. The fact he was one of our best attacking outlets says more about the lack of quality in the squad.

Nick

Administrator
My view of it. Was he would have a good first hour. I felt apart from Norwood and Nimely he was our only creative outlet last season.
Then after about an hour, bang he would be completely gone.

When he would cut in from the left he would invariably get a shot off, get fouled (most of which were not genuine fouls). Or flash a ball across the area that if we had a striker we would have got in the end of.

The games I saw when he crossed last season they either didn't beat the first man, went out for a goal kick or a throw in the other side when they were overhit. A lot of the time he would lose the ball when cutting in and had to foul their player to stop the counter attack.

He went through a phase last season of being absolutely dreadful with his mind not on it

CCFC_Charlie

McSheffery was in something like the top 6 foulers in the Championship last season, which is surprising when you look at his stature. But anyway, the team I would play is:

-------------------Murphy------------------
--Christie---Malaga---Wood---Clarke--
------------------Jennings-----------------
--------Barton-------------Thomas--------
-------------------Fleck--------------------
-------McDonald-------Elliott--------------

Maybe alternate Ball and Elliott depending on the opposition with McSheffery/Baker/Kilbane coming off the bench depending on the situation

SkyBlue_Bear83

------Murphy
Clarke--Malaga--Wood--Hussey
-------------Jennings
---Thomas-----------Barton
------------Fleck
-------Mcdonald--Elliott

Mucca Mad Boys

------Murphy
Clarke--Malaga--Wood--Hussey
-------------Jennings
---Thomas-----------Barton
------------Fleck
-------Mcdonald--Elliott

Exactly how I'd play it, but I'd play Ball on quite a few occasions though.

Sky Blue M

I think the diamond can work but if 4 4 2 i would play

Murphy
Clarke Malaga Wood Hussey
Baker Jennings Barton Sheff
Cody Ball

SkyBlue_Bear83

Did you go to the game last night? It didn't stop the long balls!
Come off it, there weren't that many long balls. We mostly played it out from the back unless under pressure. Also any long balls weren't high passes anyway, they were into chest or tried to be played behind the opposition full back for the striker to chase

Black6Osprey

Gotta fell sorry for Elliot as we was the better of the two front players yesterday and everyone wants to kick him out for Ball who's done jack so far. I think if Ball has to play (and I've seen nothing yet to say he can play) when we needa bit of extra height we should take off the forward having the least impact and heaven forbid that could be McDonald or maybe even play all three but that would mean a change of formation so thats not going to happen.

skyblue1523

------dunn---------
christie malaga wood kilbane
---------jennings-------------
clarke----- fleck---- barton
cody----- sheffers

ericagradus

........:...............Murphy.................... ......

Clarke...........Malaga/Wood (c)........Hussey

........................Jennings.................. ............

Barton .................................................Kilbane

............................Fleck................. .................

......................Elliot..........Cody.......... ..............

StevieM

I am struggling to see why McSheffreys name appears on any of the team sheets on this thread.
He has been poor in the last two or three seasons imo and I was not suprised to see that he seems to have fallen by the wayside in pre season.
Did he actually touch the ball when he came on last night??
I was astounded that he was given a contract extension 12 months ago ( which only must have came about as a pre negotiated deal for appearances when he come back to us last time) less alone that he was offered another by our ex director of football (Dulieu).
I think that sooner, rather than later, other younger/ more motivated / able / interested players need to be given the oportunity to play in his position, whatever that may be, because he isn't a winger(can't cross the ball) neither a centre forward and as other posters have commented his decent partial performances are very few and far between.
Sorry if my opinion pisses a few people off but just because he's from Coventry doesn't mean that we have to accept mediocrity.

Users who are viewing this thread