Lincoln (1 Viewer)

oucho

Sell them outside the ground to the Lincoln fans at least you get some solace from getting some dosh to spend in the local hostelries
But the ticket would be voided if Smiley Imp is right, and this wouldn't permit the bearer entry into the ground. The ticket would have been reissued to another purchaser by the club.

Warwickhunt

But the ticket would be voided if Smiley Imp is right, and this wouldn't permit the bearer entry into the ground. The ticket would have been reissued to another purchaser by the club.
I know that the point! If they cannot tell you your ticket is cancelled then sell the ticket for 1/2 price and pass on the pain

oucho

I know that the point! If they cannot tell you your ticket is cancelled then sell the ticket for 1/2 price and pass on the pain

That creates a bit of an ethical dilemma if it turns out that Lincoln use barcode-scanning ticket barriers which would immediately disallow entry for the redacted ticket!

CV22SBA

Before travelling I would be checking that a refund has not been issued and the tickets have not been cancelled. Its well documented the Imps ticket office on Friday were having a purge on refunding Coventry supporters who have bought tickets for home areas of the ground. Those that do travel with cancelled tickets will have a wonderful afternoon to visit our historic City and partake in our wonderful array of real ale hostelries.

Seriously, please check.
I'm in the away end so not bothered mate. I said a guy at work has 4 tickets, not me. He's also not from Coventry so how would they know?

Somerset Sky Blue

I'm in the away end so not bothered mate. I said a guy at work has 4 tickets, not me. He's also not from Coventry so how would they know?
Reminds me of the time I was living in Wolverhampton and bought tickets at HR to watch Cov v Wolves....
Obviously, my ticket had a wv post code so the security asked me a tricky question to check I was a sky blue - who was our captain?
Think it was big Mo.

Warwickhunt

Perfect. Let's get as many Lincoln fans with voided tickets as possible.
Greed will always win! Lincoln fans would snap them up at a Tenner a time methinks

smileycov

Facebook User
Go on the Brayford water front, about 5 minutes from station or there is a massive weatherspoons closer, out the station turn left and left again it’s just on your right. 5/10 minute walk to ground also

I said a guy at work has 4 tickets, not me. He's also not from Coventry so how would they know?

I dunno, but I'm told its a little more sophisticated than just a post code check.

Intrestingly, a goodly number of previously sold seats came available for purchase earlier today on the Imps Eventbrite site, including some in the lower 7 in the Coop. The assumption must be they are seats bought Coventry supporters who now have had thier tickets redacted.

Last edited:
Go on the Brayford water front, about 5 minutes from station or there is a massive weatherspoons closer, out the station turn left and left again it’s just on your right. 5/10 minute walk to ground also

The pub on the Brayford is the Square Sail and this is normally the designated away pub. The Ritz is the other (as described above) is normally a home pub and given its a high profile match they may well not admit away supporters, that said I have seen home and away fans mingle in there with no issue. But, in all honesty there are far better pubs than either of those two in Lincoln. the Treaty is a cock stride from the station, but is small and gets full very quickly.

oscillatewildly

I dunno, but I'm told its a little more sophisticated than just a post code check.

Intrestingly, a goodly number of previously sold seats came available for purchase earlier today on the Imps Eventbrite site, including some in the lower 7 in the Coop. The assumption must be they are seats bought Coventry supporters who now have had thier tickets redacted.
Hah! This is too easy. How stupid are LCFC? Just buy them up again! Oh.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

You're making out like getting into the Lincoln end of the groundis the equivalent to breaking into Buckingham Palace and having a brew on the throne.

tskezz

Coach we normally get isn't running this Sat now and Sky Blue Army is full. Anyone know of any spare seats going up on Saturday? theres 4 of us though and would rather not get official coaches. Trains £40 so that will be last resort on the day

R

RB1992

I've got 6 tickets that have been voided, so these will be going for £10 to Lincoln fans on the day. Might even sign up to their forum and get rid

iflynno

Anyone going on the club coaches my first time using them for an away game where do they leave from ive seen somewhere near pool meadow?

Nick

Administrator
Thick pricks won't a clue

Easy for you to say.

giphy.gif

R

RB1992

Gosh darn it - I see a post entitled "Ticket Warning" has gone up on the Lincoln forum, warning potential buyers of my elaborate scheme. I was just in the process of signing up under the pseudonym "NotACovFan" as well in the hope of shifting my 6 tickets.

CV22SBA

There will still be loads of Cov in the home end, although possibly none if they have a CV postcode. This game never made general sale and we have quite a few large supporters clubs around the country. I mean how on earth would they stop people from the London Supporters Club getting in the home end. I would think quite a large following will be in hospitality too. I was sat in the home end at Luton a few weeks back, in the main stand right in front of the directors box and hospitality area and there must have been 20+ go up when we scored. It’s not the 1970s anymore and i'm sure any Cov in the home end bar hospitality will sit quietly.

oucho

I mean how on earth would they stop people from the London Supporters Club getting in the home end.
This doesn't arise because CCLSC orders directly with the CCFC ticket office, using members' ST numbers to acquire their full requirement of away section tickets on priority sale.

CV22SBA

I bet the Lincoln fans are in uproar this morning. Did you see how many Brazilians were in the home end last night and all the trouble it caused. Oh wait, no trouble and one of the best atmospheres at an England game for years.

smileycov

Facebook User
don't recall seeing any Lincoln fans kicking off about Cov in home ends? It was merely pointed out there ticket supplier will void any tickets issued to away fans in home sections.as has been the case

ATB81

Hi, i'm looking for a couple of tickets for Lincoln (very slim chance I know indeed!!) if anyone has a couple spare or can't make it last minute. Happy to pay a touch more if it helps and can collect whenever/wherever convenient. Thanks

ATB81

I've got 6 tickets that have been voided, so these will be going for £10 to Lincoln fans on the day. Might even sign up to their forum and get rid

Hi I know not likely and a massive outside chance, but if you have a couple of lincoln away tickets in the cov end, then happy to pay a touch more for them and collect whenever/wherever at your convenience. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread