Lincoln (1 Viewer)

Astute

I'm expecting too. Expecting us to get turned over!

I live less than 5 mins walk from the Struggs and the Victoria, both very good boozers although the Struggs in aprticular gets busy. Both are a bit of out of the way. Nearer the ground, the Treaty of Commerce is a decent independent pub and is just up the road from the Ritz Wetherspoons which I imagine is heavily policed. If you like craft beer, go to the The Straight and Narrow up the High Street. There are more nice pubs than you can shake a stick at, such as The Tap and Spile, Wig & Mitre, the aforementioned Cardinal's Hat, the Lion and Snake and the Duke William, to name a few.

Not true really; it's a seaside town/village which seems mostly full of a) retired people from elsewhere, b) second homers from elsewhere and c) caravan site holidaymakers from Leeds, Nottingham, Sheffield, Leicester etc. It's a pint of lager and a bag of chips strip of houses next to a huge expanse of sand.

If you really want to see a typical "backwoods" Lincolnshire place, go to Immingham. Or, rather, don't.
Nothing wrong with Immingham. Lived there for a bit of time myself.

Chapel is also OK. Quiet seaside location. My mother lived there for years until a couple of years ago. Not everyone wants Skegvegas.

oucho

Nothing wrong with Immingham. Lived there for a bit of time myself.

I went there for a visit when we were driving around the north east of the county last summer, also went to the likes of New Holland, East Halton etc on the same day. Was shocked that even in a well known town like Immingham there just seemed to be nothing there. Just a o-Op, leisure centre, pub, and drab housing - a minute out of the town centre there's just miles of flat fields and nothingness with the odd cluster of houses here and there. My father in law worked on a construction project out there for a few months and came down with depression because there was literally nothing there and it got him so down.

Astute

I went there for a visit when we were driving around the north east of the county last summer, also went to the likes of New Holland, East Halton etc on the same day. Was shocked that even in a well known town like Immingham there just seemed to be nothing there. Just a o-Op, leisure centre, pub, and drab housing - a minute out of the town centre there's just miles of flat fields and nothingness with the odd cluster of houses here and there. My father in law worked on a construction project out there for a few months and came down with depression because there was literally nothing there and it got him so down.
I lived in Goxhill for years. Great place to bring up kids. It is in the middle of the places you mentioned.

You don't get city life in smaller places. I prefer smaller places now.

oucho

I lived in Goxhill for years. Great place to bring up kids. It is in the middle of the places you mentioned.

You don't get city life in smaller places. I prefer smaller places now.

I drove through Goxhill. Don't get me wrong, i grew up in the Cheshire countryside so I'm not a city boy by nature. It was more that the whole area seemed bleak, emptyband featureless. Maybe we caught it on the wrong day!

smileycov

Facebook User
I drove through Goxhill. Don't get me wrong, i grew up in the Cheshire countryside so I'm not a city boy by nature. It was more that the whole area seemed bleak, emptyband featureless. Maybe we caught it on the wrong day!
nope...it is dire

CV22SBA

Very easy to buy tickets in the home end apparently. They use Eventbrite for their tickets and a guy at work ordered 4 tickets in Co op Stand Lower block 7 which is right next to away fans and they arrived in the post a few days ago.

smileycov

Facebook User
Block 7 is where the 617 go. They take the upper. Mostly flag waving and chanting. They do create a good atmosphere tbf. This season they have attracted a few more "youngsters/idiots" (due to the season previous being so good).. Just be mindful it can be lively.

R

RB1992

Block 7 is where the 617 go. They take the upper. Mostly flag waving and chanting. They do create a good atmosphere tbf. This season they have attracted a few more "youngsters/idiots" (due to the season previous being so good).. Just be mindful it can be lively.

Don't worry mate I'll sort them

Very easy to buy tickets in the home end apparently. They use Eventbrite for their tickets and a guy at work ordered 4 tickets in Co op Stand Lower block 7 which is right next to away fans and they arrived in the post a few days ago.

Block 7 of the Coop, in with the 617 Boys that'll be interesting.

eastwoodsdustman

I was trying to get 3 this morning and couldn't get them. phoned the ticket office and was told they'd all sold out. Went back on line and purchased 3 individual tickets no problem.
Block 7 of the Coop, in with the 617 Boys that'll be interesting.

I bet they love their banter, them boyz.

Nick

Administrator
617 Squadron were the Dam busters in WW2 Nick, RAF Lincolnshire don't forget lol

I see the resemblance.

guy-penrose-gibson-vc-and-other-members-of-raf-617-squadron-shortly-b3ktjg.jpg

2.jpg

smileycov

Facebook User
How funny. I'm sure they will be alright at the front and these 617 kids are not going to start on a group of men in their late 50s surely.
As i mentioned above, they are not a firm!! They were formed to raise the atmosphere at lincoln games. Last year ( i went a few times away and took the kids to a few home ) was amazing . It's an atmosphere thing rather than a trouble thing. However that said, they have there idiots as we have ours. I am sure our lads will be okay.
I hated football after the shite we are going through, last year watching these lot i got my passion back. Been to more Cov games this season than the last 3/4 put together.

What ever one thinks good, bad or indifferent LCFC is inextricably associated with the RAF and the Dambusters in particular. The last surviving Dambuster Johnny Jonhson is a Lincoln lad and an Imp, this is when he visited the club last season. When you visit you will clearly see the National Bomber Command Memorial from Sincil Bank.

Last edited:
As i mentioned above, they are not a firm!! They were formed to raise the atmosphere at lincoln games. Last year ( i went a few times away and took the kids to a few home ) was amazing . It's an atmosphere thing rather than a trouble thing. However that said, they have there idiots as we have ours. I am sure our lads will be okay.
I hated football after the shite we are going through, last year watching these lot i got my passion back. Been to more Cov games this season than the last 3/4 put together.

Rowdy, noisy and in the main harmless. That said, not sure if I was an opposition fan I would want be sitting with them.

Before travelling I would be checking that a refund has not been issued and the tickets have not been cancelled. Its well documented the Imps ticket office on Friday were having a purge on refunding Coventry supporters who have bought tickets for home areas of the ground. Those that do travel with cancelled tickets will have a wonderful afternoon to visit our historic City and partake in our wonderful array of real ale hostelries.

Seriously, please check.

Nick

Administrator
Before travelling I would be checking that a refund has not been issued and the tickets have not been cancelled. Its well documented the Imps ticket office on Friday were having a purge on refunding Coventry supporters who have bought tickets for home areas of the ground. Those that do travel with cancelled tickets will have a wonderful afternoon to visit our historic City and partake in our wonderful array of real ale hostelries.

Seriously, please check.
Surely they would need to email to tell them?

That doesn't explain cancelling the tickets without telling people and letting them drive all the way up to be told?

Its quite clear on the Imps Eventbrite site that any away fans booking tickets for home areas, will be cancelled in accordance with thier caveat emptor T&Cs. Travel to Lincoln have a great time in the City arrive at Sincil Bank after a few scoops, when you scan your ticket, you are denied access, its really that simple.

Is it worth it?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Its quite clear on the Imps Eventbrite site that any away fans booking tickets for home areas, will be cancelled in accordance with thier caveat emptor T&Cs. Travel to Lincoln have a great time in the City arrive at Sincil Bank after a few scoops, when you scan your ticket, you are denied access, its really that simple.

Is it worth it?

I can understand them being cancelled, its just the not telling them

Warwickhunt

Sell them outside the ground to the Lincoln fans at least you get some solace from getting some dosh to spend in the local hostelries

Users who are viewing this thread