Match Thread Lincoln City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 18th Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I'd play McNulty behind those 2 and go all out :)

stevefloyd

My only problem with pre match afternoon drinking apart from having a massive headache if I drink in the afternoon is missing half the match because I keep needing a slash all the time.
Cannot see Robins dropping McNilty yep I spelt it right, he if scores on Saturday I will change it to Mcmighty or should I call him Mcmaybe now because he had a half decent game last week without troubling the scorers ahh well thats just the cynic in me, I think Ponti could be stuck on the bench unless he thinks the ducks not fully rested after yet another excursion, if they are good in the air lets keep it on the floor...why play to their strengths?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I'd stick with McNulty and Ponta on Saturday, they've looked by far our best combination this season - the whole team was flat against Mansfield, those two started brightly, McNulty coming close from 20yards out.... no need to give up on them at the first hurdle.

Wouldn't complain if Nazon came in but I wouldn't consider Beavon full stop. No goals in a year across two seasons is just woeful. Sick of this hard working bullshit, he's there to score, not 'run the channels' or 'work the defenders'. I've noticed the same posters that called for Russel Slade to be appointed manager are the same people defending Beavon....

Esoterica

What have I missed about Grimmer? Is he injured?
Concussion was the verdict from last match. Robins mentioned he would likely be out for a couple of weeks in his post match interview and I think the medics are rightly much more cautious over head injuries these days.

Adge

Dion Kelly-Evans to come in? An adequate replacement compared to the left side anyway.

fernandopartridge

I'd stick with McNulty and Ponta on Saturday, they've looked by far our best combination this season - the whole team was flat against Mansfield, those two started brightly, McNulty coming close from 20yards out.... no need to give up on them at the first hurdle.

Wouldn't complain if Nazon came in but I wouldn't consider Beavon full stop. No goals in a year across two seasons is just woeful. Sick of this hard working bullshit, he's there to score, not 'run the channels' or 'work the defenders'. I've noticed the same posters that called for Russel Slade to be appointed manager are the same people defending Beavon....

Nonsense, his job is to do the donkeywork and create space for other attackers, he does it quite well tbh.

Esoterica

Dion Kelly-Evans to come in? An adequate replacement compared to the left side anyway.
Much rather Willis starts right back and Davies comes in at CB for this particular game - Lincoln have got a couple of giant forwards in the squad: Ollie Palmer is 6ft 4/1.96m, Matthew Rhead 6ft 3/1.93m, Bostwick in midfield is 6ft 3/1.93m too.

steve82

Much rather Willis starts right back and Davies comes in at CB for this particular game - Lincoln have got a couple of giant forwards in the squad: Ollie Palmer is 6ft 4/1.96m, Matthew Rhead 6ft 3/1.93m, Bostwick in midfield is 6ft 3/1.93m too.

And Bostwick always plays well against us!

Cannot see MR making two changes to his back line so I can see it being
Willis--Davies--Mcdonald--Haynes.

smileycov

Facebook User
Be happy with that back 4, rhead has been on the bench but is an irritating striker and would cause s few issues

steve82

Bostwick the old Peterborough captain!? Forgot he went there! Some coup that was for them.

Yes reportedly turned down Blackburn in the summer to stay local and signed for Lincoln for a undisclosed fee. Think he's was entering the last year of his contract at Peterborough and there business model is to sell anyone who's entering the final year and not committing to the club while they have value.

A great signing for them.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You're a complete fucking moron with a stalker like obsession for Russell Slade.

shmmeee

Do you reckon when one of the Kelly Evans can’t be arsed to do community outreach they send the other one?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Guess neither of these 2 will be playing Saturday then.(and I don't mean Pudsey)

Yeah didn't you know , Pudsey is Kwame Thomas LOL
giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
Apparently going to be changed up a bit

And Robins hinted at the possibility of team changes for the first time this season when talking at the club’s training ground this morning.

He told the Coventry Observer that ‘there’s a case for a slight change’ and added he’ll do ‘as much as he can’ in the January transfer window as the push to bounce back into League One continues.

“There’s a case for a slight change, but nothing major,” said Robins.

“I don’t think we’re creating enough, I’m looking for more creativity.

“I have to look at what a player will give. We have to look at players that will get possession and deliver.”

INTERVIEW: ‘We want transfer window in’, reveals City boss Mark Robins

no_loyalty

Just woke up, leaving for Lincoln in a couple of hours. I hope the boys don't let us down today.

johnwillomagic

I can see a 1-1 draw on this one, I think Grimmer may play Robins not said out to my knowledge yet.
I'd be tempted to get Duck back and Biamou in up top and move McNulty to the right he runs around a lot is reasonably quick and think he coud do a good job out there.....before someone says he is not a winger......neither is bloody Vincenti!!!

Team
Burge GK
Grimmer RB
Haynes LB
Willis CB
MacDonald CB
Doyle CM
Kelly CM
Jones LM
McNulty RM
Biamou ST
Duck ST

Subs: O'Brien, Stokes, Davies, Stevenson, Maycock, Vincenti, Ponticelli

steve82

Not that confident, hopefully that will be proven wrong

Same here, how damaging would another blank be or a defeat today.

5 of the last 6 league games we've failed to score in and taken 5 pts from 18 with only the great win at Luton taking the edge of a poor points return.

Users who are viewing this thread