Match Thread Lincoln City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 18th Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Lincoln City - Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Bugsy

Hoping for a sky blue win we bloody need it but just depends on what city turn up. the city who beats decent teams or the city who loses to shit teams. With the duck back hoping we have enough in our armour to get a result...PUSB

dongonzalos

Would love to see this team

..................Burge................
........Willis..McDonald.Stokes
DKE......................................Haynes
................Doyle....Kelly........,,...
....................Jones.(free role)...............
.................Ponti .....Duck..............

McNulty to come on for Jones if things aren’t working
Biamou to come on for the Duck for the same reason
Stevenson to come on for Kelly for the sane reason

However

This is what I expect

.......................Burge.....................
Willis....McDonald...Davies ....Haynes
................Doyle....Kelly........,,...
..Jones.................................Vincenti
.................Ponti .....McNulty ..............

Esoterica

Lincoln have a quite similar record to us at home - don't lose many, don't score many and concede even less with the 2nd best defence in the League behind us.

At home their record is solid: P8 W3 D4 L1 GF9 GA5 although they've only played Luton at home from the top 10, drawing 0-0. They've failed to score in 50% of their home matches and we've failed to score in 50% of our away matches.

They have not been losing at HT in any of their 8 games and as we don't score in the first half (2 first half goals from 8 away games) I'd recommend the SBA stay in the pub til halftime :)

All stats point to a 0-0 so I'm confident in predicting a 0-4 hammering. McNulty brace with Ponti and Kelly getting their first league goals.

oucho

He says he only does wins, so hardly worth it. Might as well just pay individually for the 5 more wins we are going to get this season.
The 2016/2017 season rang, it wants its' joke post back

oucho

As usual I'll predict a win but it'll be a hard fought game!! Looking forward to being able to go to the game without having to take transport - this one is walkable from my house!!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

As usual I'll predict a win but it'll be a hard fought game!! Looking forward to being able to go to the game without having to take transport - this one is walkable from my house!!

Is there much street parking around the ground?
Any tips don't put them on here but PM me
; )

Grendel

Well he has to get rid of Haynes and put Stokes in

What Robins was thinking of having only two experienced central midfielders I’ll never know.

He will play Doyle every week and it’s going to ultimately cost him and us.

He has to replace ponticelli and Vincent has well.

smileycov

Facebook User
Not sure how this will go, managed to sort a corporate box out through work! I’m going for 1-1 but I have a sneaky feeling we could steal a win. Hoping for a good atmosphere and a repeat of the Luton performance!! Duck to really test there back four.

steve82

What Robins was thinking of having only two experienced central midfielders I’ll never know.

The first issue we have is who's playing at right back if Grimmer isn't fit. Willis or DiKE.

Haynes will most likely play unless DiKE comes back in should Grimmer miss out Or we will end up with a very flat back 4 if Willis goes to right back. I don't see him as a overlapping full back, similar to Stokes which is bizarre give Willis has pace.

How much will MR want to change the back line.

Grendel

The first issue we have is who's playing at right back if Grimmer isn't fit. Willis or DiKE.

Haynes will most likely play unless DiKE comes back in should Grimmer miss out Or we will end up with a very flat back 4 if Willis goes to right back. I don't see him as a overlapping full back, similar to Stokes which is bizarre give Willis has pace.

Haynes was diabolical on Saturday - he offered nothing going forward and can’t defend. He will play Willis as right back without Grimmer.

steve82

Haynes was diabolical on Saturday - he offered nothing going forward and can’t defend. He will play Willis as right back without Grimmer.

I cannot dispute that. But he was equally as poor as others that day and previously.

Grimmer generally is our defensive player who is allowed to go forwards and run at players. Take him and then Haynes out you've no one running at players in the side from deep or the wing, only JJ who more often than not runs across the pitch at pace and occasionally direct at his man where he's most lethal.

With Willis at right back he's not as effective as a Grimmer or Haynes type of full back but keeps things safe and solid defensively.

Given that you need to have a expansive full back in the side especially with our 2 deeper midfielders or it's gonna be more square pegs on round holes again to try and offer width and pace.

Otis

Would agree on those changes. Stokes for Haynes, Nazon for Ponticelli. If we drop Vincenti though I'm not sure who we can play in his place. Not been overly impressed with Devon Kelly-Evans past that first really good game he had.

Willis will go to right back I think and that will allow Davies to come in.

Grendel

I cannot dispute that. But he was equally as poor as others that day and previously.

Grimmer generally is our defensive player who is allowed to go forwards and run at players. Take him and then Haynes out you've no one running at players in the side from deep or the wing, only JJ who more often than not runs across the pitch at pace and occasionally direct at his man where he's most lethal.

With Willis at right back he's not as effective as a Grimmer or Haynes type of full back but keeps things safe and solid defensively.

Given that you need to have a expansive full back in the side especially with our 2 deeper midfielders or it's gonna be more square pegs on round holes again to try and offer width and pace.

How many other teams we’ve played have you actually seen with expansive full backs in this league?

steve82

How many other teams we’ve played have you actually seen with expansive full backs in this league?

Good question, trying to remember. In recent games....

The right back of Mansfield who chopped Peter Vincenti, Hayden White. He had a bit of freedom and pushed forwards.

Accrington's Jordan Thorniley was a pain in the arse getting forwards down the left supporting there attacks.

Given the lack of pace and wide players we have, we need to try and retain some in the team.

Londonccfcfan

Lincoln are one of the biggest hoofers in the league, they score a lot of goals from set plays, and have the biggest tallest team.

I would go for

Willis .....Davies......Rod.......Stokes

Jones....Kelly....Doyle....Vincenti

Nazon.....McNulty

Bring on Ponti or Biamou in second half.

We need a big strong back four if we keep them out I’m hoping we can pinch a goal.

1 nil sky blues.

SkyblueSC

Thinking 1-0 to us as well. Last away game was Chesterfield for me so hoping for a better game and result. Buzzing for the game and beers!

steve82

Lincoln are one of the biggest hoofers in the league, they score a lot of goals from set plays, and have the biggest tallest team.

I would go for

Willis .....Davies......Rod.......Stokes

Jones....Kelly....Doyle....Vincenti

Nazon.....McNulty

Bring on Ponti or Biamou in second half.

We need a big strong back four if we keep them out I’m hoping we can pinch a goal.

1 nil sky blues.

I've not seen too much of Lincoln to be honest, I don't believe there finding goals to easy to come by either. Likely a 0-0.

Tho if it is the case they they are long ball merchants then I'd be tempted to find a spot for Tom Davies who's very good in the air. I think he's been unlucky not to feature but while the clean sheets were coming you cannot drop Mcdonald or Willis who've developed a good understanding together.

I do believe he will feature more as we go into the winter months.

For this game I'd go 442

--------------Burge----------------
Willis--Davies---McDonald--Haynes
---Vincenti--Doyle--Kelly--Jones---
---------Biamou----Nazon--------

Otis

I've not seen too much of Lincoln to be honest, I don't believe there finding goals to easy to come by either. Likely a 0-0.

Tho if it is the case they they are long ball merchants then I'd be tempted to find a spot for Tom Davies who's very good in the air. I think he's been unlucky not to feature but while the clean sheets were coming you cannot drop Mcdonald or Willis who've developed a good understanding together.

I do believe he will feature more as we go into the winter months.

For this game I'd go 442

--------------Burge----------------
Willis--Davies---McDonald--Haynes
---Vincenti--Doyle--Kelly--Jones---
---------Biamou----Nazon--------
I thought McNulty played quite well on Saturday so I don't see how we can drop him.

steve82

I thought McNulty played quite well on Saturday so I don't see how we can drop him.

I thought he did ok, one of his better games. However I've gone for the French connection and physicality. Biamou links up play well and gives us a outlet, he's shown this well when he's came on recently. He makes the ball stick better in the attacking half. Nazon back in as he's top goal scorer, unfair on McNulty but horses for courses and we need the 3 points from this game.

Users who are viewing this thread