Liam Kelly new three-year deal (3 Viewers)

torchomatic

Yikes! THREE years.

Sky Blue Harry H

Happy with that - improved as the season ended, and was looking sharper after his lay off - helps keep the band of brothers in place !

torchomatic

What's all this long term deal stuff? A real sea change at the club.

rob9872

Pleased for him and offers him some security, ... but I assume Doyle will still be captain and although he might not play every game, being a year older and a league higher, I would also assume that Ogogo as captain of a team finishing 3rd has come to play. Westbrooke was the one I expected to step in and fill in for the odd game so can't see where Kelly's regular place is. I'd Also assume that they don't see Bayliss sticking around even if he starts the season with us as his long term aspirations would surely be more central. Add Andreu into the mix, although slightly further forward and I'm struggling to see why we'd offer 3 years.

larry_david

Kelly last 6 games was fucking quality. Drove the team forward and a real underrated cog in our promotion machine. I know we sing it about Doyle but I don't think Kelly ever gives the ball away

fernandopartridge

Robins did say a lot of payers were due pay rises and bonuses on promotion, wonder whether the contract length was contingent on it?

SkyBlueCRJ

It does make me wonder how we're managing to increase/extend player contracts. It's been previously stated (somewhere) that the budget has increased, but by no means a significant amount. Deals are also on the table for Bayliss and McNulty which makes me think (not to be a devils advocate), could this mean a player has to depart?

fernandopartridge

Kelly last 6 games was fucking quality. Drove the team forward and a real underrated cog in our promotion machine. I know we sing it about Doyle but I don't think Kelly ever gives the ball away

Wins far more tackles than any other player we've got. I can't see how he wouldn't be a starter next season tbh.

Nick

Administrator
Wins far more tackles than any other player we've got. I can't see how he wouldn't be a starter next season tbh.

It will be interesting to see how Robins wants to fit everybody in (even if Bayliss did go).

For CM in one shape of form there will be Kelly, Bayliss, Ogogo, Doyle, Andreu

Nick

Administrator
I think when he had the rest he came back a different player, not sure whether before he was told to stay deeper or he wasn't as mobile but after his injury he would make runs into the box (and scored).

Mucca Mad Boys

Time to resurrect this classic: Liam Kelly =

Ah, the daily reminder that football fans know nothing!

giphy.gif

better days

I think when he had the rest he came back a different player, not sure whether before he was told to stay deeper or he wasn't as mobile but after his injury he would make runs into the box (and scored).
He was carrying the injury for weeks Nick
Robins tried resting him for the odd game or two but his heel problem needed total rest
It was only when Kelly came back after the extended period that we saw the player he really is
Ironically it was the injuries to Andreu, Jones and Kelly that gave Bayliss and Shipley their chance

CCFC88

Starting to think it'll be this come the 4th August

Kelly Ogogo
Sterling Andreu Shipley
Mcnulty

Gibbo

Pleased for him and offers him some security, ... but I assume Doyle will still be captain and although he might not play every game, being a year older and a league higher, I would also assume that Ogogo as captain of a team finishing 3rd has come to play. Westbrooke was the one I expected to step in and fill in for the odd game so can't see where Kelly's regular place is. I'd Also assume that they don't see Bayliss sticking around even if he starts the season with us as his long term aspirations would surely be more central. Add Andreu into the mix, although slightly further forward and I'm struggling to see why we'd offer 3 years.
Ogogo and Kelly as the central midfield. Westbrook and Doyle as sometime cover
Doyle to play in less than 10 matches

Gibbo

It will be interesting to see how Robins wants to fit everybody in (even if Bayliss did go).

For CM in one shape of form there will be Kelly, Bayliss, Ogogo, Doyle, Andreu
What does he add? Just look at the McNulty goal away at Notts County. While Bayliss delays his pass, Kelly loops round to give him someone to pass to. Great stamina and awareness

CCFC88

Are you going to volunteer to tell Doyler that?
37 in a month, I think he knows within himself he wont be starting every game next season.
Achieved what he came here to do, can start thinking about what's next for him, hopefully sat near Robins in the dugout

fernandopartridge

37 in a month, I think he knows within himself he wont be starting every game next season.
Achieved what he came here to do, can start thinking about what's next for him, hopefully sat near Robins in the dugout

He's a trojan horse to finally get rid of Oggy

cooperskyblue

Great to tie Kelly down to a longer deal. Hopefully Grimmer, Mcnulty and Bayliss to follow and I would be absolutely delighted.

I think Doyle will play a fair bit, a year ago similar things were said about Doyle and he played practically every game, despite him bing 37 soon, he proved in the season that only ended 5 weeks ago that he was probably our fittest player. I'm confident he can do it again and think it is great to have that competition for places in the middle of the park.

When Doyle got injured for those games last season and our form went downhill it was apparent we didn't have enough depth but now if the same was to happen, you'd have Ogogo and Kelly which should be a very strong midfield.

CCFC88

Only 3 midfielders played over the age of 36 in L1 last season, if we are serious about pushing for promotion the Kelly/Ogogo partnership is going to be key

coop

If we do get promoted next season he isn't good enough for the championship so a two year deal would of been better but fair play to him.

lifeskyblue

If we do get promoted next season he isn't good enough for the championship so a two year deal would of been better but fair play to him.

We get promoted ...and his stock will rise so a higher fee if we sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread