Liam Kelly = (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

bad team performances.

Ever since he has come back into team we have played the worse football this season.

He managed to get relegated with Orient to non-league last season.

pusbccfc

He's a very, very average footballer.

Not surprised he went down with Orient last season.

steve82

I think were over analysing things. Yes we was poor today and off the pace still but was Liam Kelly really at fault for how poor the majority were around him?

His distribution didn't help our attacking approach play but then neither did Bayliss with his constant poor passing today

Terry Gibson's perm

Slows the play down and if he doesn’t good it forwards pass it backwards, always tries to buy a foul.

We won’t be promoted with him in the side

Nick

Administrator
I think were over analysing things. Yes we was poor today and off the pace still but was Liam Kelly really at fault for how poor the majority were around him?

His distribution didn't help our attacking approach play but then neither did Bayliss with his constant poor passing today
I don't think it was all his fault, I don't think he's a player who will help when you need to attack. Defending a lead maybe.

steve82

I don't think it was all his fault, I don't think he's a player who will help when you need to attack. Defending a lead maybe.

Yes I agree, he played the holding role today and Bayliss as everyone wanted played the central role and wasn't in it to play the passes as were the rest.

Kelly was poor but the issues are not all at his door. A imbalance squad isn't helping with a effective plan and player who look like they've hit a wall.

pastythegreat

HOOF! Anything that went forward was HOOFED! I've just put in another thread about how I'm not surprised that we've played our 2 worst games of the season since he's been back in!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

oucho

what's he done, I haven't seen anything.

What do you mean? Do you mean "what's he dong wrong to deserve this thread?" or do you mean "what's he done to be in the team?" full stop?

Sounds like Doyle will be out for a while too which is bad news

So what's the full story? How long will he be out? First I heard about it was when I saw the team sheet?

Agree there is no direct cause-effect relationship between Kelly playing and us underperforming. It's a team game and by definition, it's impossible for there to be such a direct correlation. Plus, if he did have such an effect, it wouldn't explain how we we did so well earlier in the season when he was a fixture in the team.

clint van damme

What do you mean? Do you mean "what's he dong wrong to deserve this thread?" or do you mean "what's he done to be in the team?" full stop?

CV22 said it sounds like he'll be out for a while, I was asking what's he done, as in is it an injury. I hadn't heard anything and assumed his absence was down to the virus.

oucho

CV22 said it sounds like he'll be out for a while, I was asking what's he done, as in is it an injury. I hadn't heard anything and assumed his absence was down to the virus.
Ah I thought you meant Kelly.....

Adge

Not to confuse but I think MR said Doyle has been carrying a knee injury for a few games
Yes-noticed he was strapped up for the last couple of games. Regarding Kelly, not a great player and not the only one who didn’t perform today or last week.
Someone else said that he is the sort of player who will be in a relegated team more so than a promotion one and that’s a fair shout.

fatso

The midfield was second best in every department today, and we couldn’t compete down our right flank, DKE was shrugged off like a rag doll at times,
And it was too easy for Stanley to take control of the game.
What disappointed me most was the inability of our players to do the basics, like controll a ball with their first touch and make a simple pass. We weren’t able to get any service to the front two until Reid came on, which highlited how poor the loan signings must be, if he’s producing what they can’t.
The only player who looked up for a scrap was Biamou.

Nick

Administrator
Is proving my worst fear; a return of the old Doyle / Hughes combo!

Both too similar to play alongside each other but struggles to do much when the other (Doyle) isnt there

He was one of the more experienced players yesterday and needed to step up. But he didn’t and was awful!

He did a good job of hammering the ball forward without even looking up though.

I reckon I could have done that as effectively.

"Have it"

I'd have thrown a couple of un-needed bicycle kicks in for entertainment as well.

Londonccfcfan

One of our many concerns and arguably the biggest concerns has been goal contributions from Midfield/defense.

And the stats that we have scored 2 goals from headers this season in the league. Truly shocking. I dont have facts to hand but surely thsts Got to be the lowest in all 4 divisions.

Nick

Administrator
One of our many concerns and arguably the biggest concerns has been goal contributions from Midfield/defense.

And the stats that we have scored 2 goals from headers this season in the league. Truly shocking. I dont have facts to hand but surely thsts Got to be the lowest in all 4 divisions.

Akinfenwa must be close to double figures with headers now, that's because they play to his strengths.

If we signed him we would be expecting him to run the channels and outpacing people.

ccfchoi87

Doyle won't be gone for long anyway. The injury added to the fact that his best mate Liam Miller just died meant he wasn't ever going to play. He'll be back either Saturday or the Saturday after

christonabike

Doyle asked to be rested because of a niggling knee injury. Wanted to rest it so he will be available later rather than playing and then be forced to miss a few games.

MatthewWallis

This is why we need to play Reid. He came on and we had at least 2 crosses I can remember, one of which Vincenti should’ve scored from.

Compare that to before he came on when we had the majority of the team in the box and Stokes and Shipley just kept passing it to each other and then ended up passing it back to Willis on the half way line.

Nick

Administrator
This is why we need to play Reid. He came on and we had at least 2 crosses I can remember, one of which Vincenti should’ve scored from.

Compare that to before he came on when we had the majority of the team in the box and Stokes and Shipley just kept passing it to each other and then ended up passing it back to Willis on the half way line.

I can't really remember many crosses all season to be honest, certainly not since Jones got injured.

We just need to get people in the box for them to attach the crosses.

covcity4life

yeah shipley is starting to play shit and isnt a winger anyway

reid needs to play

Londonccfcfan

Akinfenwa must be close to double figures with headers now, that's because they play to his strengths.

If we signed him we would be expecting him to run the channels and outpacing people.
Whats baffling is that Biamou, and I'm not meaning to start another debate here, he generally wins his fair share of headers during open play outside the box. Just baffling at corners how he hasn't won a a single header! when we seen him win hundreds outside. Makes me think the quality delivery is just not there!

pastythegreat

Whats baffling is that Biamou, and I'm not meaning to start another debate here, he generally wins his fair share of headers during open play outside the box. Just baffling at corners how he hasn't won a a single header! when we seen him win hundreds outside. Makes me think the quality delivery is just not there!
Most of our corners don't beat the 1st man. The few that do generally beat everyone or are too near the keeper. It's as simple as that in my eyes

Londonccfcfan

Most of our corners don't beat the 1st man. The few that do generally beat everyone or are too near the keeper. It's as simple as that in my eyes

Quite staggering the fact we havnt scored many (headers).

Obviously earlier on in the season Nazon/McNulty are not gonna win their fair share of headers, but still why the defenders or midfielders havnt scored many is astonishing.

I can understand that Vs Teams like High Wycombe the 2nd ball after Akinfenwa has won the header or even not won is most critical and crucial moment as they look to pounce on 2nd ball. they usually have 3/4 men within 10 yards of him ready for the knock down pass to win second ball. Like their goal vs us at Home.

As for Vincenti? has he ever in his career scored from a header?

Baffling as most other teams seem to have set way of playing or system that makes the best of their of their resource.

Whats even more baffling is that we don't concede many from corner (which means we must be winning headers)??? but in the opposition box it just isn't happening, which makes me think the quality into the box just isn't happening.

Kelly started the season taking corners. then it was Jones, then Shipley and even Haynes has taken some. The quality into the box just isn't there!

Users who are viewing this thread