Liability (1 Viewer)

luwalla

Liam o’brien - liability!!!
Two goals from him coming out and flapping it , when he should’t have ... and you can look at my past posts and see I’m not a keeper basher. Played the position myself

PVA

He's shite. I spent all of last season on here sticking up for Burge when people were inexplicably calling for O'Brien to play.

luwalla

Not really a surprise-Burge just about the lesser of 2 evils.
I’d say burge is a decent keeper, improving all the time... Obrien shouts well & that’s about it. Any saves he does are box standard keeper stuff , that you’ll see any given Sunday up the memorial park.... same as his flapping tonight

luwalla

He’s obviously had a mare BUT we didn’t register a shot on target. The whole team is to blame and so is Robins.
True, for the win... but for the loss, I’m afraid a massive slice of that responsibility goes to one man

pastythegreat

Two goals from him coming out and flapping it , when he should’t have ... and you can look at my past posts and see I’m not a keeper basher. Played the position myself
Are we just limiting this to LOB? Why stop there?
Bakayoko, does he understand the off side rule?
Sterling, why not cross it (lead up to their 2nd goal) when we had 3 defenders out of position. Instead pass it to Andrue under pressure. He looks dreadful thus far from what I've seen.
Ogogo, had a stinker tonight.
Junior Brown, clearly thought we were playing in orange as he had a 100% incomplete pass rate I'm sure.
Doyle, far too slow. When he gets it right he looks good. As soon as he's beaten though he's never catching the slowest of players.
Robins. Leaving Allassani and Ponticelli out of the match day squad (The former got 2 goals and 2 assists in the U23s), surely that deserves a call up), and keeping Andrue on the Bench?!?!

Genuinely think that on so cars showing we look as bad as the team that Mowbray put together for relegation. I don't see where goals are coming from and we look frail at the back at every attack. I don't understand how the confidence and passion and commitment from the end of last season has disappeared so quickly.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Otis

He's shite. I spent all of last season on here sticking up for Burge when people were inexplicably calling for O'Brien to play.
Burge was really bad though. The difference is that Burge has come on leaps and bounds since and LOB hasn't.

pastythegreat

Burge was really bad though. The difference is that Burge has come on leaps and bounds since and LOB hasn't.
But LOB hasn't had the game time that Burge has had.
*disclaimer. This isn't me sticking up for LOB, just pointing out Burge had had more game time to improve.

luwalla

Are we just limiting this to LOB? Why stop there?
Bakayoko, does he understand the off side rule?
Sterling, why not cross it (lead up to their 2nd goal) when we had 3 defenders out of position. Instead pass it to Andrue under pressure. He looks dreadful thus far from what I've seen.
Ogogo, had a stinker tonight.
Junior Brown, clearly thought we were playing in orange as he had a 100% incomplete pass rate I'm sure.
Doyle, far too slow. When he gets it right he looks good. As soon as he's beaten though he's never catching the slowest of players.
Robins. Leaving Allassani and Ponticelli out of the match day squad (The former got 2 goals and 2 assists in the U23s), surely that deserves a call up), and keeping Andrue on the Bench?!?!

Genuinely think that on so cars showing we look as bad as the team that Mowbray put together for relegation. I don't see where goals are coming from and we look frail at the back at every attack. I don't understand how the confidence and passion and commitment from the end of last season has disappeared so quickly.

Agreed ... and those are the reasons we didn’t win... but LOB is the reason we lost!

Modcons86

Not seen tonight myself but every time i have seen LOB this season he seems reluctant to leave his line for anything that comes in to the box. I would have burge back in over him.

pastythegreat

Agreed ... and those are the reasons we didn’t win... but LOB is the reason we lost!
He's also the reason we got a draw away at Wimbledon last week. Swings and roundabouts. We can Blame LOB til the cows come home, it's Robins/OGGY who between them thought that a GK pairing of Burge and LOB would be sufficient.

luwalla

He's also the reason we got a draw away at Wimbledon last week. Swings and roundabouts. We can Blame LOB til the cows come home, it's Robins/OGGY who between them thought that a GK pairing of Burge and LOB would be sufficient.

No he isn’t. As I say I don’t keeper bash for no reason. Most keepers of any quality make the saves he’s made. You could pull in most Sunday league keepers from the memorial park and they make those saves... they also make the flapping errors LOb made tonight. That’s the bottom line... we didnt get the win as a team, we lost because
of individual errors

larry_david

Rooted to his line when he should come out. When he does come out he runs 18 yards out and gets nowhere near. Eastleigh wanted him in the summer. That's his level. Whether MR has fell out with burge or not, he has to come back this is silly now

junglej13

Amongst all the chopping which I hate this is the most bizarre selection Robins has made. O'Brien wasnt good enough for League 2 let alone League 1. I know Burge has had a hip problem but if hes fit enough to be on the bench hes fit enough to start.

clint van damme

still got your gloves?

Covstu

This was about the only position we didn’t replace and needed too in my book. Don’t really trust either of them but would have Burge over OB anyday. Was Burge injured or dropped? Just didn’t make sense if the latter given he fairly decent form at the end of the season

torchomatic

Burge is no better imho. O'Brien made an error but I bet it's not too long before we're talking about the next Burge fuck up.

torchomatic

If we assume Burge *was* injured, then fair enough. Up till yesterday, would it have been fair to drop O'Brien? Had he merited dropping after two clean sheets in the league?

And a good save on Saturday and onr last night. Name a keeper who doesn't make errors at some point.

SuperFred

Robins has made some bizarre decisions this summer but playing O'Brien over burge is the biggest head scratcher. We found out at the start of last season O'Brien wasn't up to it and burge proved throughout the season he's a much better keeper. There's no logic behind the decision

PVA

Burge started the season injured so O'Brien played.

When Burge returned I guess MR had a decision to make, and he probably thought he was doing the right thing by sticking with LOB which in the interest of fairness is understandable.

I think barring injury that'll be the last time we see LOB.

Gilbo

Just watched the highlights and here are my observations:
1. A good Sunday morning keeper would have saved the shot in the first half.
2. He didn’t need to come for the first as there was two defenders to deal with the cross.
3. The free kick he pushed over should have been a routine catch.
4. The second goal, his start position was too deep and he hesitated. This indicates a lack of confidence.

Even if Burge is still injured on Saturday, this man cannot keep goal for us. We might as well start with a goal deficit. I will be shocked if he gets a club at any level, non league included, after us.

Users who are viewing this thread