Leyton Orient - Wednesday (1 Viewer)

Otis

Surely it comes down to the player? Tudguy must have told Mowbray he felt ok to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

You would have thought so wouldn't you.

coop

We definitely need a win Wednesday it would of been easier if other results went our way yesterday. Yesterday's win was massive a win Wednesday helps with confidence against other teams we have to play around us . Colchester will also be a must win and with the form we are in they are winnable games.

Otis

We definitely need a win Wednesday it would of been easier if other results went our way yesterday. Yesterday's win was massive a win Wednesday helps with confidence against other teams we have to play around us . Colchester will also be a must win and with the form we are in they are winnable games.

The Crewe win put a spanner in the works a bit. Also the situation whereby Orient were losing 1 nil at home yesterday and then suddenly Port Vale had a man sent off and with being down to just 10 men they capitulated and let 3 goals in.

Big_Ben

Reckon Orient will be more worried about us than the other way around. Not many have gone to P'boro and come away with the points this season.

Otis

Reckon Orient will be more worried about us than the other way around. Not many have gone to P'boro and come away with the points this season.

Yep, but by the same token, Orient I would say would be rather confident coming here based on the fact that we have only won 5 home games all season, failing to win the other 14.

stupot07

Yep, but by the same token, Orient I would say would be rather confident coming here based on the fact that we have only won 5 home games all season, failing to win the other 14.

Our home form is poor

P17 W4 D7 L6 F19 A26 Pts19 Ppg 1.1 win% 23% (exc. Sixfields)

Our last 6 at home we've picked up just an average of 1 point per game, we're sat 20th in the form table and only yeovil and notts county have picked up less points in that time. Contrast that with our away form 1.67 ppg, 6th in the form table.

So depressing for us STH's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Our home form is poor

P17 W4 D7 L6 F19 A26 Pts19 Ppg 1.1 win% 23% (exc. Sixfields)

Our last 6 at home we've picked up just an average of 1 point per game, we're sat 20th in the form table and only yeovil and notts county have picked up less points in that time. Contrast that with our away form 1.67 ppg, 6th in the form table.

So depressing for us STH's

And this in turn then makes the Ricoh seem soul less.

If we were winning at home with more regularity, then the Ricoh would have much more of a buzz about the place.

higgs

We will be shitting ourselves Wednesday night again for another 90 mins thanks to sp and his wisdom

Bill Glazier

Thinking I might just drag my sorry ass up to the Ricoh. Would only be my second game (yes I know) but the team could do wiith every ounce of support I reckon.

stevefloyd

Definitely need to win to make us safer and improve on our chances of having a 'proper' manager for a change and keeping TM at the helm
Obviously the pitch needs to improve dramatically because at the minute its not condusive to good football and if we want to improve on the gates it needs to be better quality football on the pitch...maybe a chink of light is starting to appear for us in such a long long time

wingy

Definitely need to win to make us safer and improve on our chances of having a 'proper' manager for a change and keeping TM at the helm
Obviously the pitch needs to improve dramatically because at the minute its not condusive to good football and if we want to improve on the gates it needs to be better quality football on the pitch...maybe a chink of light is starting to appear for us in such a long long time

Don't think there has been any Rugby played on It for around three weeks
So If there Is any maintainance done on It they've had adequate time
Couple that with some more Springlike weather and it may have Improved
Lets hope so anyway

Steve.B50

What ever the pitch is like its same for both teams and maybe we should all just get behind the team and support the boys

Brighton Sky Blue

Is there no merit in us training on the Ricoh pitch, or at least roughing up one of the ones at Ryton, to get more used to playing on it? Seem to remember Birmingham doing something like that to prepare for playing at Blyth this year.

Otis

Don't think there has been any Rugby played on It for around three weeks
So If there Is any maintainance done on It they've had adequate time
Couple that with some more Springlike weather and it may have Improved
Lets hope so anyway

Yep. Wasps haven't played since our last home game and don't play again here until at the end of April.

SkyBlueSid

The pitch at the Ricoh may not be condusive to good football, but if we are honest neither are our team. What is needed is to dig in, graft for the full 90 (not just 45) and grind out some scruffy 1-0 wins there. We are not capable of breaking down teams who come to defend and catch us on the break, we just need to compete physically which is something we have failed to do at home all season.

letsallsingtogether

Surely it comes down to the player? Tudguy must have told Mowbray he felt ok to play.

Only passing on what he told us repeated it to other fans in the smoking area.
I don't know him he was just sitting in our row.

letsallsingtogether

And this in turn then makes the Ricoh seem soul less.

If we were winning at home with more regularity, then the Ricoh would have much more of a buzz about the place.

Could you please refrain from using the words Ricoh and Buzz in the same sentence some on here will get even more suicidal.:eek:

Covstu

The pitch at the Ricoh may not be condusive to good football, but if we are honest neither are our team. What is needed is to dig in, graft for the full 90 (not just 45) and grind out some scruffy 1-0 wins there. We are not capable of breaking down teams who come to defend and catch us on the break, we just need to compete physically which is something we have failed to do at home all season.

The last couple of games, we lumped it so the pitch cannot be an excuse!!

letsallsingtogether

TBF the pitch wasn't that good yesterday so we should be used to it now I see a home win coming....

ccfc_Tom

If Johnson is back and slots in at LB would improve our chances of winning massively so fingers crossed. Biggest game of the season so far, run of 6 pointer games coming up need to start it with a rare win at home

rupert_bear

Don't think Mowbray will change the defence but getting Johnson back and fit is vital to this run in, there will be knocks and injuries. Looks like we have lost Tudguy because we had to rush him back, that's the risk when you have such a small squad

phildownunder

I don`t agree with this "must win on Wed " sentiment. I hope we do of course as it would be a massive boost to our (already good) chances of staying up. However I think a draw would be a better result for us than Orient as I think they are under more pressure than us in their position, and as we are winning our away fixtures at the moment home draws are not as bad as they would be otherwise.

To repeat my current "obsession" the big picture here is to reach say, 51 points to pretty well guarantee safety and another point on Wed would be another step in that direction.

Gazolba

Definitely a not lose game I would say. I think a win, putting us 6 points clear would leave us almost home and dry.We can't afford another Doncaster 2nd half effort for sure.

Draw okay? Or does it need to be all 3 points?

As I see it, the important thing is to prevent LO getting all 3 points. With our home record, I don't expect a win although obviously I'd prefer a win to a draw. Actually, I think our strike force is looking pretty potent right now and with some luck I fully expect us to win a game by 2 or 3 goals sometime soon.

covcity4life

I don`t agree with this "must win on Wed " sentiment. I hope we do of course as it would be a massive boost to our (already good) chances of staying up. However I think a draw would be a better result for us than Orient as I think they are under more pressure than us in their position, and as we are winning our away fixtures at the moment home draws are not as bad as they would be otherwise.

To repeat my current "obsession" the big picture here is to reach say, 51 points to pretty well guarantee safety and another point on Wed would be another step in that direction.

yup

a win only must win in terms of making playoffs :)

a draw or loss will have us fighting another day still

no need to panic imo, this is best i have felt as a cov fan since being in championship

maybe its just new manager buzz but ill enjoy it nontheless

Otis

I think a draw would be fine. I don't think we can afford to lose though. A draw or a win would take us into the Notts County game in a strong position.

Hobo

The mindset has has to be a game that must be won. If we only get a draw it wouldn't be a disaster.

Otis

The mindset has has to be a game that must be won. If we only get a draw it wouldn't be a disaster.

Well yep, exactly. We go into the game to win it. If we come out with a draw then that wouldn't be at all a bad thing. Would keep the distance between us and Orient and edge us a point closer to safety.

Hobo

Well yep, exactly. We go into the game to win it. If we come out with a draw then that wouldn't be at all a bad thing. Would keep the distance between us and Orient and edge us a point closer to safety.

Orient still have a game in hand so a 3 point buffer is not great. Going back to your "next 5 games" post few would have seen us getting 3 wins and a draw. Fewer would have seen us only 3 points clear given such a run of results. As I said then I still think it will go to the wire. We are down in it and there will be a few more twists and turns. There are a few 6 pointers so it is in our own hands.

stevefloyd

Yes the pitch is the same for both teams so why does it seem to affect us rather than the oppos all the time !!

stevefloyd

So how many points you reckon sees us to safetyand before the smart arses reply more than the bottom 4 I know that ;)

stevefloyd

another 2 wins and a draw.. makes it exciting until the end of the season mediocrity that sometimes ensues

Users who are viewing this thread