Leyton Orient - Wednesday (1 Viewer)

Otis

Even though today's win has took a fair bit of pressure off, Wednesday's game still has to be game we can't lose. A draw might be okay, but a defeat would still leave us in trouble. Teams around the bottom are still picking up points here and there and there are 3 teams below us all with a game in hand, Leyton Orient themselves being one of them.

Definitely a not lose game I would say. I think a win, putting us 6 points clear would leave us almost home and dry.We can't afford another Doncaster 2nd half effort for sure.

Draw okay? Or does it need to be all 3 points?

skybluepm2

I don't think we should go into the game with the mentality of aiming for anything less than 3 points. We need to pull away from Orient as they are on a decent little run and probably our biggest threat. Win this and it'll be 4 from 5, which would be our best form of the season (I think). Hard to see us slipping through the trapdoor after that.

I just hope that it isn't a case of 1 step forward 2 back as was the case with Doncaster.

The options available from the bench is encouraging. Turgott was a breath of fresh air today and has real potential. Could be a key acquisition for next season if he continues to impress.

Nouble's place should be under threat after a below par performance. Didn't really look interested today.

stupot07

We need to go for the win on Wednesday but it will be a different game, Orient will come for a scrap which we tend to find more difficult to play against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

We need to go for the win on Wednesday but it will be a different game, Orient will come for a scrap which we tend to find more difficult to play against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Agree. and that's why I think that we shouldn't get too disheartened with a draw.

We definitely need to be positive and go for the 3 points, but a draw would not at all be disastrous. A defeat could well prove to be though.

higgs

How long is tudgay out for if we can get another win Wednesday we would be close to being

Samo

Even though today's win has took a fair bit of pressure off, Wednesday's game still has to be game we can't lose. A draw might be okay, but a defeat would still leave us in
trouble. Teams around the bottom are still picking up points here and there and there are 3 teams below us all with a game in hand, Leyton Orient themselves being one of them.

Definitely a not lose game I would say. I think a win, putting us 6 points clear would leave us almost home and dry.We can't afford another Doncaster 2nd half effort for sure.

I think a draw would do yes. Ricoh form is not good but we will survive on away results.

chiefdave

A winnable game. Would be nice to see some decent home form before the end of the season. If for no other reason we don't want to go into next season still with 'can't win at home' hanging over us.

Otis

A winnable game. Would be nice to see some decent home form before the end of the season. If for no other reason we don't want to go into next season still with 'can't win at home' hanging over us.

it will affect crowds too.

Excellent form at home would be so much better on a financial front for the club. We keep winning at home and home attendances will increase. That helps bring more money to the club and will make a Ricoh a much more pleasant place to be around too.

Last edited:

ccfc92

it will affect crowds too.

Excellent form at home would be so much better on a financial front for the club. We keep winning at home and home attendances will increase. That helps bring more more to the club and will make a Ricoh a much more pleasant place to be around too.

Stand by.... ;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

7 points from the last 7 games should see us about safe, doesn't matter what games we get them in. Obviously I'd prefer not to lose but if we did there would still be 6 games left to get 7 points. Its a big game for us but probably an even bigger game for Leyton Orient

Its a game we have to win. If we win, we're nearly there. If we lose, we're deep in the shit. Its gonna be an ugly game due to the state of the pitch, so if we win, it will be by 1 goal and it will most likely be a scrappy goal. But as long as we win, I don't give a shit

SkyBlue_Bear83

Lets be sensible here and not put too much pressure on one game, if we win there is still work to be done. We will probably need another 4/5 points to make absolute sure.

If we lose, we probably won't be in the bottom 4 and will still have 6 games to get the necessary points.

ccfc92

As 5 of our remaining games are against relegation rivals, I'd say Orient is a 100% must win.

Then that puts the ball in other teams court.

We then have Notts County away, so could end up 9 points clear and safe.

Otis

7 points from the last 7 games should see us about safe, doesn't matter what games we get them in. Obviously I'd prefer not to lose but if we did there would still be 6 games left to get 7 points. Its a big game for us but probably an even bigger game for Leyton Orient

Well, yes, I agree, but then it could be argued that it is harder to get them the more the pressure is on. If we say lost the next 2, trying to the win the next game after that could be a lot tougher because we would be more nervy and our morale would be low.

Yep, it doesn't matter what order we get them in as long as we get them. I dare say though, winning on Wednesday and then losing the next 2 after would be more favourable than losing the next 2 and then winning. We lose the next 2 for instance, that will give the teams below a bit more belief they can catch us. Going 6 points clear will make it seem a much more tougher ask for them.

Us going 6 points clear of the relegation places on Wednesday will do wonders for morale.

Also back to back back wins, after the previous back to back wins I think will make us all feel that we are not such a bad side after all and that maybe Doncaster was indeed just a blip.

Last edited:

chiefdave

If I was Mowbray I'd be looking at the last 7 fixtures and thinking there is 5 very winnable games there. Of course we've all supported the club long enough to know we won't win 5 out of 7 but that should be the aim.

That would mean a decent run to finish the season mid table. Wouldn't do any harm in persuading Mowbray to stay, selling season tickets, or bringing players in saying we're realistically going for promotion.

I appreciate things can't change overnight and we're limited by the squad we have at the moment but I don't think we should be looking at it as a minimum needed to survive, look to get as many points as possible and finish on a high.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well, yes, I agree, but then it could be argued that it is harder to get them the more the pressure is on. If we say lost the next 2, trying to the win the next game after that could be a lot tougher because we would be more nervy and our morale would be low.

Yep, it doesn't matter what order we get them in as long as we get them. I dare say though, winning on Wednesday and then losing the next 2 after would be more favourable than losing the next 2 and then winning. We lose the next 2 for instance, that will give the teams below a bit more belief they can catch us. Going 6 points clear will make it seem a much more tougher ask for them.

Us going 6 points clear of the relegation places on Wednesday will do wonders for morale.

Also back to back back wins, after the previous back to back wins I think will make us all feel that we are not such a bad side after all and that maybe Doncaster was indeed just a blip.

Obviously I would be delighted to win Wednesday and then win Monday and be pretty much safe, it is much more preferable to not winning. Just saying if we lose it's not the end of the world as some would believe, it will just be a set back, we will not be cut adrift and on the brink of relegation, we will still be in the pack just above the drop and with enough winnable fixture to see us safe.

Last edited:

Otis

Obviously I would be delighted to win Wednesday and then win Monday and be pretty much safe, it is much more preferable to not winning. Just saying if we lose it's not the end of the world as some would believe, we will not be cut adrift and on the brink of relegation, we will still be in the pack just above the drop and with enough winnable fixture to see us safe.

Yes, i agree.

I do believe if we win Wednesday we will just about be safe and it will only take maybe 4 points from the last 6 games to ensure that safety.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If I was Mowbray I'd be looking at the last 7 fixtures and thinking there is 5 very winnable games there. Of course we've all supported the club long enough to know we won't win 5 out of 7 but that should be the aim.

That would mean a decent run to finish the season mid table. Wouldn't do any harm in persuading Mowbray to stay, selling season tickets, or bringing players in saying we're realistically going for promotion.

I appreciate things can't change overnight and we're limited by the squad we have at the moment but I don't think we should be looking at it as a minimum needed to survive, look to get as many points as possible and finish on a high.

The only good team we have to play are Bristol, all the other 6 are winnable. Leyton Orient, Notts County, Colchester, Oldham, Crewe and Crawley.

chiefdave

The only good team we have to play are Bristol, all the other 6 are winnable. Leyton Orient, Notts County, Colchester, Oldham, Crewe and Crawley.

Oldham isn't as easy as the others so I was allowing for that one but it is a winnable game as well really. Bristol may be promoted by the time we play them, not sure if that's a plus or not.

Otis

Yep. We have to look at those fixtures and believe we are capable of winning all 6.

covcity4life

Even though today's win has took a fair bit of pressure off, Wednesday's game still has to be game we can't lose. A draw might be okay, but a defeat would still leave us in trouble. Teams around the bottom are still picking up points here and there and there are 3 teams below us all with a game in hand, Leyton Orient themselves being one of them.

Stop shitting yourself otis.

Last week u.completely forgot about.mowbray wins and focused on doom and gloom because we lost a gsme.

Now u r already crying about a potential loss on the evening er won a big away match

Otis

Stop shitting yourself otis.

Last week u.completely forgot about.mowbray wins and focused on doom and gloom because we lost a gsme.

Now u r already crying about a potential loss on the evening er won a big away match

Err, I think we will win on Wednesday. My thread is merely asking if it is a must win.

Sorry you completely mis-read the tone of the thread. :whistle:

letsallsingtogether

How long is tudgay out for if we can get another win Wednesday we would be close to being

Sat next to his Agent at the game today and he said that he has a hamstring injury, and that will be him out for the rest of the season.

Also said that he told them not to play him as it was playing up in training?

Wasn't a happy Chappy....

phildownunder

Totally agree. Above all we should not lose. For me it`s all about getting to 50, or to be pretty sure, 51 points. Do that and we don`t have to worry about what other teams are doing, and even a point would be another step in that direction. So IMO we should attack with caution as they say.

skybluelee

I don't see Wednesday as critical. Only us and Orient seem to be in any form near the bottom. Both should pull clear. Points will be easier to come by in some of the other games coming up. I'd be happy with a draw.

LJC_CCFC

I don't see Wednesday as critical. Only us and Orient seem to be in any form near the bottom. Both should pull clear. Points will be easier to come by in some of the other games coming up. I'd be happy with a draw.

Only Orient and us have a slither of quality in our squads. Had we both not been completely mismanaged for the majority of the season we'd be sitting in the play-offs. Professionalism in the remaining games will see both teams safe.

Astute

A tenner says we beat Bristol.

I will have that tenner with you. Would be very happy to pay you the tenner as it would mean three more points to our total.

Covstu

Orient winning kept up that pressure so I think a win is essential. This is a game that TM would be targeting 3 points however that might have changed given the unexpected 3 points yesterday. There is always a danger of complacency if we get 3 points thinking the job is virtually done but for me we need 9 more to seal our survival safely.

it would be nice to see more up there for a game like this but that isn't going to happen, I used to remember the rallying call back in the prem days where we made HR a fortress for these types of games

mrtrench

This is a game that TM would be targeting 3 points however that might have changed given the unexpected 3 points yesterday.

Do you really think so? So because we won yesterday you think he might tell the players it's ok to draw or only lose by one goal next up?

Covstu

Not like that, but if we lost it would make Wednesday a definite win however yesterday's result means that a draw is not the end of the world. This wouldn't change what he would communicate to his players but would certainly change how desperate we need a result against orient.

stupot07

Sat next to his Agent at the game today and he said that he has a hamstring injury, and that will be him out for the rest of the season.

Also said that he told them not to play him as it was playing up in training?

Wasn't a happy Chappy....

Surely it comes down to the player? Tudguy must have told Mowbray he felt ok to play.

Users who are viewing this thread