Letters from Mark Robins (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

In what way? You just said our decline has been going on for 17 years.... Wasps didn't even know that the Ricoh would ever happen 17 years ago. Leaving a 32000 seater stadium empty in a city of over 300000 with a potential catchment area of well over 500000 was begging for a disaster. Telling CCC that you were building your own stadium and never coming back was the final nail in the coffin of our hopes of ever doing a stadium deal. Where do Wasps figure in that strategy?
So leaving the Ricoh and Joy saying that ship has Sailed had nothing to do with it.

Oh and the same posters moaning the most said it's a soulless white Elephant that no one else would want.

Well now we are where we are TF and Joy were out done and out manovered by an oval ball.
They were warned but would not listen or didn't care.
Yes it was built for us and should be ours. Toxic Joy has to shoulder the majority of the blame for this.

letsallsingtogether

Got my letter yesterday, anybody else's have a lipstick kiss and a pair of these enclosed?

images
Is that the new kit ? ;)

Covkid1968#

I was getting one...but I'm holding out so that the money goes to the new owners rather than to the current owners. even if I miss the early bird offer I want to see how this all pans out.

martcov

Yeah, yeah...i hear all the poor old CC and the taxpayers. SISU won't be here forever one day they will be gone. CCC could have waited and been a bit more patient - if you remember they told us they didn't need CCFC or an anchor tenant as the Ricoh was doing swimmingly. OK, that turned out to be a lie but hey unsurprisingly no one mentioned that. They could have done a deal with SISU and loaded it with caveats. That would have had a positive affect for two reasons. The city's 130 year incumbent football club would have a permanent home AND we would have been more attractive to potential buyers. But nah, despite saying in the press that ownership of the stadium would be discussed they had already done a deal with the franchise.

Ann also said Wasps wouldn't have a negative impact on the football club...

Tim has said, we are not coming back, the ship has sailed, we wouldn't have accepted the Wasps' deal because of the loan, we are building our own stadium etc. Etc..

Didn't leave a lot of room for manoeuvre did it?

The new stadium, or maybe the BPA, is still the preferred option over the Ricoh. The 247 remaining years doesn't seemed to have altered the stategy much - CCFC were building their own stadium then as now.

Only question that remains is, which comes first... the expiry of the 247 years, or SISU's new stadium?

Esoterica

What we're seeing here is the evidence of just how broken the relationship between SISU and the fans is. It's actually the kind of thing we've been crying out for, direct contact from manager to fans, trying to make the fans feel part of the club again, engaging with the Sky Blue community. But in its isolation, for the vast majority this is just salt in the wounds rather than an a baby step in rebuilding broken bridges. This needs to be part of many many more similar efforts from the club under SISU for fans to start losing their now inherent scepticism and believing this is anything other than using the wave of good feeling towards Mark Robins as a thinly veiled attempt to get hold of ST money before they've demonstrated any sign of real change themselves.

Hadji's_Goatee

I'm not playing semantics, I'm trying to gather the facts.

The manager was allowed to bring in at least 7 players on contracts one being with an agreement to pay a fee for him, I'd say that's a bit of an addition isn't it regardless of how they turned out.
After the window closes all you can sign is dross out of contract players!!

Kingokings204

What we're seeing here is the evidence of just how broken the relationship between SISU and the fans is. It's actually the kind of thing we've been crying out for, direct contact from manager to fans, trying to make the fans feel part of the club again, engaging with the Sky Blue community. But in its isolation, for the vast majority this is just salt in the wounds rather than an a baby step in rebuilding broken bridges. This needs to be part of many many more similar efforts from the club under SISU for fans to start losing their now inherent scepticism and believing this is anything other than using the wave of good feeling towards Mark Robins as a thinly veiled attempt to get hold of ST money before they've demonstrated any sign of real change themselves.

I think that's the point isn't it. The fact we are argue and bicker on here on whose fault it is etc is just testament to how the club is run. We don't have a common goal anymore. The football is secondary and it's really suffering. Relegation again and I would have a bet with anymore we will be relegated within 5 years if sisu stay here and who is to say we won't be relegated next season. There is a real chance. The club is toxic and there is currently no future.

So for me that's the point. The whole fan base is divided and there is nothing to support. Not even the football. The club is dying before our very eyes.

Hadji's_Goatee

Hence why the fans are being torn to stump up £300+ and hence the begging letter of desperation. If they don't get the sales the SISU investors in the shadows will have to stump up cash to run the club / wages etc. How long before Willis, Stevenson & Harries are sold regardless of season ticket sales or not?

Hadji's_Goatee

That was including a full window with players also signed before, during and after. Including Jones which was effectively a permanent signing.
Lol signing some young non league kid for the future isn't backing the manager for promotion - hahaha

Nick

Administrator
Hence why the fans are being torn to stump up £300+ and hence the begging letter of desperation. If they don't get the sales the SISU investors in the shadows will have to stump up cash to run the club / wages etc. How long before Willis, Stevenson & Harries are sold regardless of season ticket sales or not?

Will they?

Ashdown

League 2 matchday prices for adults this year included ......
Accrington £20, Notts Co £20, Crawley £22, Mansfield £20, Grimsby £20, Yeovil £25

Nick

Administrator
Please do remind us of all the fabulous signings we made in that transfer window.

I didn't say they were fabulous, I said we made multiple signings with nobody going out.

Just because they turn out to be shite, doesn't mean they cost nothing sadly. The same as Freddie Eastwood or David Bell.

Hadji's_Goatee

I didn't say they were fabulous, I said we made multiple signings with nobody going out.

Just because they turn out to be shite, doesn't mean they cost nothing sadly. The same as Freddie Eastwood or David Bell.
So do you think SISU backed the manager to push on for promotion?

ajsccfc

I don't really know what the argument is about, but Jodi Jones was one of the very few positive proper signings we've made in the last few years outside the players we've lucked out with on freebies.

Hadji's_Goatee

Because as I remember it we had a far better squad in December than we did in February. How many times do we have to sign out of contract players that haven't played a game for 6 months and realise they aren't going to pull up trees for the team

Nick

Administrator
Because as I remember it we had a far better squad in December than we did in February. How many times do we have to sign out of contract players that haven't played a game for 6 months and realise they aren't going to pull up trees for the team

Yes, but player numbers increased a fair bit didn't they?

I don't disagree about out of contract players, how many signings did the teams around us make?

torchomatic

So do you think SISU backed the manager to push on for promotion?

I think so. They gave the manager a budget. It was he who pissed it up the wall.

Ranjit Bhurpa

The answer is CCC did NOT need to sell and Wasps did NOT need to move. Their DNA is no better than SISU as they moved their club permanently when they didn't need to.

They may be blameless for the majority on here but not for me. I look forward to hopefully seeing them fail.
This is the key for me, CCC did not need to sell. When we were moved to Northampton, I'm sure CCC were he'll bent on getting anyone else in, could have been the Peckham formation dance team, just anyone in out of pure spite to stick one up SISU.

SkyBlueZack

This is the key for me, CCC did not need to sell. When we were moved to Northampton, I'm sure CCC were he'll bent on getting anyone else in, could have been the Peckham formation dance team, just anyone in out of pure spite to stick one up SISU.

Knowing they could just say SISU and the masses would lap it up. Which they have.

dongonzalos

Tim has said, we are not coming back, the ship has sailed, we wouldn't have accepted the Wasps' deal because of the loan, we are building our own stadium etc. Etc..

Didn't leave a lot of room for manoeuvre did it?

The new stadium, or maybe the BPA, is still the preferred option over the Ricoh. The 247 remaining years doesn't seemed to have altered the stategy much - CCFC were building their own stadium then as now.

Only question that remains is, which comes first... the expiry of the 247 years, or SISU's new stadium?

Add to that, that during all of those comments and plenty of others explicitly saying we are no longer interested in the Ricoh. During this time the leader of the council warned SISU to put their best bid in because the city can not be held to paralysis over this one matter.
Effectively she warned if SISU did not bid by the turn of year. The council were going to have to go a different direction.
We never bid, they went the different direction.
The council's choice it seems was

Tell SISU to bid and hope they do.
If SISU don't bid allow ACL to go bust and both the Council and a charity lose money. Whilst the company forcing it to go bust reap rewards.
Or
Go the only other option. Sell at the new devalued price before it goes bust to another interested party.

Sorry but SISU are to blame here for not seeing that the deal Wasps deal was a good deal. For not bidding when they were warned to. For not even putting in their own bid at that time to show they were serious and in my opinion instead misjudging it and trying to hold out till ACL went bust

dongonzalos

Did the forecasts include Wembley etc?

If they pull their wallets out, let's just hope it isn't a loan with silly interest that will just add to what a new buyer has to pay ;)

I'd much rather they didn't loan CCFC anything.

Seems strange to need a loan with high interest and not sell Stevenson instead who hardly featured after he was not sold.
Or Willis who Bristol claim they met our asking price

dongonzalos

Alternatively they could have allowed as the judge thought ACL to get distressed and go bust. Losing them and Charity a shed load of money and SISU who were causing the distress to benefit.
Yes I am sure their decision was based purely on spite.
Comments such as these are just the same as those who say SISU are pocketing millions out of the club every year

Users who are viewing this thread