Letter in Telegraph (1 Viewer)

Gint11

The council have a lot to answer for though and we should never have got them involved. Said it many times. All sides are to blame.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rusty Trombone

The council have a lot to answer for though and we should never have got them involved. Said it many times. All sides are to blame.

Could you list all the things that the Council need to answer for (in regard to our situation, not that there's loads of litter about).

letsallsingtogether

Your right they never should have got involved.
Because we would have been homeless 10 years ago and then none of this would have happened as there would have been nothing for sisu to buy....

asb

What would have happened to the club if the council never got involved? Don't just think last few years, think back pre-Sisu.

Johnnythespider

31.2 miles, hmmm is that why the first protest happened in the 31st minute and the 35th , just to keep him happy :)

Tonylinc

My view is that Shitzu are 100% to blame for our current situation but am prepared to listen to anyone who apportions some blame to other parties. Just post those reasons and I will read them with an open mind.

Grendel

Grendel is your name Pete ?

More nonsense.

I do not go to Sixfields and I clearly would not go and live in Stychele.

Some of his points are valid - however he has a constant obsession with the Labour Party.

asb

A bit stupid of him to put his address on there.

I hope nobody sends him a shit parcel ;-)

I seriously hope that does not happen.

Soon as you get physical you lose respect from many that support you, and add pity to the opponents argument.

Gint11

Your right they never should have got involved.
Because we would have been homeless 10 years ago and then none of this would have happened as there would have been nothing for sisu to buy....

We should have never sold highfield rd and let parties like the council get involved. I said all parties are to blame remember. Ann Lucas states they care about the city having a football club but was happy letting acl charge he club astronomical rent fees?

Gint11

They are all as bad as each other. So get off your sisu .ar entirely to blame bullshit bandwagon

I seriously hope that does not happen.

Soon as you get physical you lose respect from many that support you, and add pity to the opponents argument.

you are right, but sadly sooner or later he will open his mouth to the sort of person you really shouldnt

letsallsingtogether

Don't live where?

More nonsense.

I do not go to Sixfields and I clearly would not go and live in Stychele.

Some of his points are valid - however he has a constant obsession with the Labour Party.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

They are all as bad as each other. So get off your sisu .ar entirely to blame bullshit bandwagon

So I am equally to blame if I leave my window open and a twat comes in my house and steals something am I? I leave it up to othet people to make comparisons

letsallsingtogether

He is that type of person he sticks his face right into yours. That is why I will not speak to him, might do something that I will regret later.

you are right, but sadly sooner or later he will open his mouth to the sort of person you really shouldnt

Gint11

So I am equally to blame if I leave my window open and a twat comes in my house and steals something am I? I leave it up to othet people to make comparisons

All I am saying is in.my opinion we have been on a decline since we left highfield rd. Sisu are shocking but this started before they bought us.

mds

Whatever his views, i think posting his address on here whether in a quote or not is wrong!

asb

Whatever his views, i think posting his address on here whether in a quote or not is wrong!

Is that not the responsibility of the CET to allow him to remove his Details, or suggest it would be wise to remove them. It is not the job of the poster to edit the letter as published.

I do recall that he did a previous letter in which he asked for his details to be removed as he stated that he would be targeted for his views, and his attendence at Sixfields. So he does know that his views can bring him trouble, and he does know that he can send in letters with details withheld.

Why he did not, is open to debate.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Is that not the responsibility of the CET to allow him to remove his Details, or suggest it would be wise to remove them. It is not the job of the poster to edit the letter as published.

I do recall that he did a previous letter in which he asked for his details to be removed as he stated that he would be targeted for his views, and his attendence at Sixfields. So he does know that his views can bring him trouble, and he does know that he can send in letters with details withheld.

He's moved to Northampton

mds

CET is CET, its quoted on here, If he got attacked and it was linked back to this site is that still ok?

edit. This day n age i think it is a little irresponsible!

Last edited:

theferret

And just where do you think CCFC would have played their games if CCC had not stepped in ?

Highfield Road. GR has since said we had the option to buy it back if the new ground hadn't gone ahead (and that he would have exercised that right), but we only have his word for that. Not that I want to get involved in this really because it has been done to death I guess. Personally I lay most of the blame at SISU's door, unquestionably, but I don't believe the council are completely blameless, there are a handful of key decisions made that haven't exactly helped the situation. Just my opinion.

asb

CET is CET, its quoted on here, If he got attacked and it was linked back to this site is that still ok?

edit. This day n age i think it is a little irresponsible!

If he gets attacked then the idiot that attacks him should be held responsible for their actions.

If his full name, full address, daily movements, description, photo, family, and other personal details had been posted on here, then that would be a different matter.

The information is available in the public domain. The information has been placed by himself in the public domain. He does not seem to fear that people will know his details so why should people be scared that repeating his words, that are published, would cause trouble. The information is attached to the letter that originally started this thread. If people spent the time and read the letters in the CET they would see the information. Just posting a suggestion that his letter (with an address) was in the CET would be wrong if we are to follow your belief.

I do think it is not the best thing to do. I have also always been against any form of violence and or physical personal attacks based on an opinion.

Sky Blue Pete

I think his comments are incendiary to most right thinking Coventry City fans - The protest at Arsenal was brilliant, simple and well supported by all the CCFC fans there and the Arsenal fans too. It won't be effective as SISU have long since decided that the fans are worthless pieces of shit that they wouldn't bother to wipe off their as they trample over us

mds

If he gets attacked then the idiot that attacks him should be held responsible for their actions.

If his full name, full address, daily movements, description, photo, family, and other personal details had been posted on here, then that would be a different matter.

The information is available in the public domain. The information has been placed by himself in the public domain. He does not seem to fear that people will know his details so why should people be scared that repeating his words, that are published, would cause trouble. The information is attached to the letter that originally started this thread. If people spent the time and read the letters in the CET they would see the information. Just posting a suggestion that his letter (with an address) was in the CET would be wrong if we are to follow your belief.

I do think it is not the best thing to do. I have also always been against any form of violence and or physical personal attacks based on an opinion.
Agree with pretty much everything you say, following my view, I didnt mention the letter itself just his add. being posted, this is a football forum his views are related to football, repost retweet whatever, if some mong went out of his way to do something stupid based on the post here is my point, you would have to go out of your way to find his letter on the CET!
Guy gets attacked by a footy thug with radically opposing views to his, gets arrested n questioned, how did you find his address? It was on a football forum is his answer, I dont like it I dont agree with it. That is my opinion!
Each to their own!

J

Jack Griffin

Its staggeringly stupid of him & entirely consistent with the strength of his analysis of the situation.

Gint11

And just where do you think CCFC would have played their games if CCC had not stepped in ?

I said we shouldnt have sold HR and got them involved in the first place. Listen I am not pro sisu at all but it annoys me when people 100% blame sisu. It takes 2 to tango (in this case 3). The club needs to own its own stadium and all revenues IMO. If I ran a business that was paying triple over the odds I wouldnt be happy.

Rusty Trombone

I said we shouldnt have sold HR and got them involved in the first place. Listen I am not pro sisu at all but it annoys me when people 100% blame sisu. It takes 2 to tango (in this case 3). The club needs to own its own stadium and all revenues IMO. If I ran a business that was paying triple over the odds I wouldnt be happy.

What about if you were paying the average rate? How are you getting on with the list of all the things the Council have got to answer for?

J

Jack Griffin

Hold on the alternative was to pay for a stadium, without council money that would have required the club to raise £32M ( why, because the council put in £10M and took out a £22M loan, other than rent paid from 2005 to 2012 CCFC put in less than £500K, even if you take that out there is still an ~£25M in balance)

asb

Agree with pretty much everything you say, following my view, I didnt mention the letter itself just his add. being posted, this is a football forum his views are related to football, repost retweet whatever, if some mong went out of his way to do something stupid based on the post here is my point, you would have to go out of your way to find his letter on the CET!
Guy gets attacked by a footy thug with radically opposing views to his, gets arrested n questioned, how did you find his address? It was on a football forum is his answer, I dont like it I dont agree with it. That is my opinion!
Each to their own!

It was on a football forum, posted from a newspaper, provided by the victim.

The football forum was debating a letter posted in a paper.

The victim posted part of his address in the paper.

Did the perpetrator gain the address from the forum,the paper, or the victim?

Legally the victim will be asked "did you consent to your name being published?" secondly the CET will be asked "did you take take reasonable steps to protect the victim", lastly the question of the posting on the forum will be raised.

Above all the individual that attacks the letter writer would be unable to hide behind incitement as there has been none.

You seem to suggest that if it was not posted on the forum that no one would know about it. It seems as well that you judge the individuals on this forum as violent thugs, who don't have the intelligence to understand a newspaper website, but are capable of hanging around a street in Coventry, picking out anyone that looks like a letter writer.

The point I am making is that you are directing you condemnation towards the wrong group, maybe contact the CET if you truely believe that someone has been placed at risk through the actions of their paper.

mds

A bit stupid of him to put his address on there.

I hope nobody sends him a shit parcel ;-)

All hypothetical

It was on a football forum.
The football forum was debating a letter posted in a paper.
Read my post.

The question of the posting on the forum will be raised.

Above all the individual that attacks the letter writer would be unable to hide behind incitement as there has been none.
Really, his controversial letter really lit the nutters short fuse!

You seem to suggest that if it was not posted on the forum that no one would know about it.
At which point did i suggest that?

It seems as well that you judge the individuals on this forum as violent thugs, who don't have the intelligence to understand a newspaper website, but are capable of hanging around a street in Coventry, picking out anyone that looks like a letter writer.

Absolute bollox!

The point I am making is that you are directing you condemnation towards the wrong group, maybe contact the CET if you truely believe that someone has been placed at risk through the actions of their paper.

Im not condemning anyone, i voiced an opinion, and i stand by it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread