Letter in Telegraph (1 Viewer)

simple_simon

Just reading yesterday's Telegraph, who is this Peter Chambers?
He says that Fridays protest was mindless, I think its was fantastic.
What an absolute idiot.

bigfatronssba

How did he get his letter in the telegraph a day after the protest?(btw idiot is a bit mild)

ohitsaidwalker king power

What an absolute idiot.

Is he not the chap who phones into CWR claiming he prefers it at Sixfield... says it all really and discredits him entirely?

Hes a sisu lover, very much against the council. If you listen to cwr then hes pete from styvchel.... Or as i like to call him muppete or RFC

Otis

Peter Chambers is the definitive guide to all musical history in Coventry and is heavily invloved with the 2Tone museum etc.

If that is the same Pete Chambers of course.

Otis

Peter Chambers is the definitive guide to all musical history in Coventry and is heavily invloved with the 2Tone museum etc.

Looking at his Facebook page though I don't think it's him. Can't see any CCFC references on there at all.

bigfatronssba

Definitely not him.

The musical Pete Chambers is proud of all things Coventry and tries to promote the city at any opportunity.

The sixfields Pete Chambers is just a knob.

bradwellskyblues

this bloke blames the council for everything,i think he may have had problems with his dustbin collections to turn him so against them.
i do wonder if he may be a ukip man

TurkeyTrot

It's not the same Peter Chambers. I've spoken with Pete on the subject, he tells a funny story of how a friend visited the museum and remarked as he left, "I think you're wrong about sixfields" Pete felt compelled to run after him and explain that he wasn't the same Peter Chambers who writes silly letters to the telegraph, I think Pete actually put it in a recent music column he was writing but the telegraph omitted it due to space

blend

this bloke blames the council for everything,i think he may have had problems with his dustbin collections to turn him so against them.
i do wonder if he may be a ukip man

I believe he's not on his own, there is a political inference to this row that unfortunately diverts many from the real cause of the problem. People need to realise that 99% of local politicians across all parties take the same stance and blame the owners.

Using our problems as a political soap box is disgusting. Yes that includes you Pete Chambers (not the 2 tone one, the nob one) and Nikki Sinclaire.

It's a bit like a Funeral Director advertising in a terminal illness hospice.

dadgad

Everybody knows there is fault on both sides and a historical dimension to the mess.

Acknowledging this fact with an independent arbiter (something Sisu recommended) still cud bring about a reconciliation of sorts.

It's never too late t talk

Senior Vick from Alicante

Pete Chambers is just left wing when it comes to the Council verses Sisu. His mantra is he supports the team not the owners and wants city back at the Ricoh, however he thinks that any form of demonstration is futile as the owners will stick to their plan and wont listen, which is fair comment. My problem with him is he puts down every one else's opinion constantly and reverts to name calling without credible argument. My opinion is that if you starve the beast it will die so I don't advocate going to Sixfields, putting any form of income in SISU's pocket will only prolong their ownership. To me this is the only credible way of making a statement, you cant support a team if you don't have a club, the club has to be saved the team can be rebuilt.

thaiskyblue

Pete Chambers is just left wing when it comes to the Council verses Sisu. His mantra is he supports the team not the owners and wants city back at the Ricoh, however he thinks that any form of demonstration is futile as the owners will stick to their plan and wont listen, which is fair comment. My problem with him is he puts down every one else's opinion constantly and reverts to name calling without credible argument. My opinion is that if you starve the beast it will die so I don't advocate going to Sixfields, putting any form of income in SISU's pocket will only prolong their ownership. To me this is the only credible way of making a statement, you cant support a team if you don't have a club, the club has to be saved the team can be rebuilt.
Vick he supports the owners and has said it many times on the cwr phone ins , can you pick it up on the costa blanca ?

J

Jack Griffin

What an absolute idiot.

Another shot in the PR war, but SISU just lost a major battle, this is a pathetic joke of a response.

jesus-wept

He argues that Sixfields is not 35 miles away as claimed but 31.2 this demonstrates the loon he is, but for some reason CWR give him lots of air time when he rings up, he blames the Labour led council for the Ricoh problem yet we all know at least the intelligent ones do the issue is not party political but a unanimous stance by both parties. But for some reason Eakin, Foster or Linnel never pull him up about it.

letsallsingtogether

I have meet this Pete Chambers in the newsagent..
He is an Angry Arrogant Man not worth talking or listening to.(I am not a violent man but he would push anyone over the edge)

And no it is defiantly not the one who runs the Two Tone museum have meet him too at the Sent 2 Coventry 2 launch.

Another shot in the PR war, but SISU just lost a major battle, this is a pathetic joke of a response.

shmmeee

Are you sure he's not Grendel?

Steve.B50

Just been looking at his letter, do not agree with what he is saying at all.
We do need to keep what's going on at our club in the media and the vast majority of people are not aware of our plight. For example, how many of us were asked questions by Arsenal fans on Friday night?

wingy

Just been looking at his letter, do not agree with what he is saying at all.
We do need to keep what's going on at our club in the media and the vast majority of people are not aware of our plight. For example, how many of us were asked questions by Arsenal fans on Friday night?

Can anyone post the link It Is impossible to navigate that site ,unless it does'nt come In the football section??

thaiskyblue

CCFC PROTEST WAS MINDLESS:
THE KEEP COV IN COV campaign's stunt holding up placards at the Arsenal fa Cup MATCH.
I am a season ticket holder at Sixfields and up to now there has not been any mindless protests against the club and there has been a friendly family atmosphere. Any protests against the club act as a distraction to the team on the pitch and are unwelcome, when everyone should be just enjoying the match and supporting the club 100 per cent.
I should think that everyone in Coventry and Warwickshire and the whole of the football world know by now that city fans are upset at having to ground share at Northampton. So what is the point ? The KCIC campaign has failed because the club has been playing at Sixfields for six months now, and aren't going back anytime soon.
Holding placards saying "WHY" AND WHEN" is mindless and obtuse everyone knows the answers. The club needs to own its own stadium before it can be successful again. The club will be back in the Coventry district in three to five years with its own stadium, unless the council sees sense and sells the ground back to the club, in which case we might be back in August.
Why did they protest on 35 minutes when Broadgate is 30 miles from Sixfields ?. Why didn't they protest on 66 minutes?That is the year when a mob , angry at Jimmy Hill selling George Hudson to Northampton and on an indifferent start to our 2nd Division Championship winning season, demanded that he be sacked?
The so- called protest was counter productive, futile and facile. Why doesn't the Sky Blue Trust and it's off- shoot the KCIK campaign protest at the Labour council? Is it because they are proxies for the Labour Party.
Peter Chambers
Frankton Avenue, Styechale.

Users who are viewing this thread