Less like our home everyday.... (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

It was never tested because the council at the very point they were saying they wanted to wait and build trust before talking about ownership with CCFC, had secretly done a deal with Wasps.

That's not a theory, that's a fact.

Have SISU only owned the club since we returned to the Ricoh?

ms639

because i'd imagine that for their fans it'll provide a level of satisfaction equal and opposite to our dissatisfaction, they really don't have an obligation to appease us.... the f#cking c#nt$

skybluetony176

Tony, why don't you just admit that you despise CCFC and want the club to fail?
That comment clearly makes you Lloyd. I've always took him to be dumber.To answer your pathetically stupid question. I don't. That's also the reason I despise our owners. IMO no one has failed the club more.

SkyBlueZack

I really don't get the franchise argument, it is no fault of WASP supporters that they became homeless, they had a planning application turned down in London and as a result became homeless. We had a stadium, our owners sold it, ran into debt, agreed to a bail out for a ground from the council. A takeover was done with the club being given away for nothing, so when SISU took over they took over nothing but debt and a training ground. We had no stadium before SISU and we still don't have one.
We had a chance to buy before and after the RICOH was built. CCFC in their different guises blew it. The WASPS did what they had to, they have secured the future of their club as London did not want them. Professional sport is a business and it seems to me WASPS run their business better than we do. The people of Coventry generally do not give a toss about CCFC and so we have the team that the people deserve (not the supporters).
It is sad that we have a shit team, shit owners and no ground, but I don't blame the WASP's for building the foundations of their club and by the way WASP's is a relatively new club that split from the original club and have never owned their own ground until now (I think).
Good luck to them. They have what we have had the chance to have. I don't blame the WASP's I blame the shite management and ownership that we have had to endure for ever since I can remember. I don't remember Jimmy Hill, but I do remember Cantwell, Sexton and the Sillett and Curtis days, they were the only good times in my memory and in 47 years of supporting Coventry City that aint alot. We have the situation that has brewed for years, lack of ambition and lack of interest due to the shite that we have had to endure for fucking years now.

^^^^^ This?!?!? Really?!?!?! Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Sick Boy

That comment clearly makes you Lloyd. I've always took him to be dumber.To answer your pathetically stupid question. I don't. That's also the reason I despise our owners. IMO no one has failed the club more.

What do you think about the council turning down a desperate plea for a rent decrease when we first moved there? The fact that they insisted on Sisu getting the club? Do you think it is right that CCFC were not offered the same deal Wasps were? How can you be critical of Sisu in Northampton when you appear to be apathetic about a franchise club taking the Rico on the cheap?

Monners

It's well known there are zero stadia available to rent in London.

And as for building one, London's a small place so little opportunity. Saracens failed after all...

Land in London is at an absolute premium. This includes contaminated land sites, which are actually targeted for the most significant future development to meet the citites needs for an ever growing population. There is little chance of building new stadia at any of these targeted sites. QPR wish to re-locate to a site adjacent to their current home - as things stand they have no chance, as housing and commercial premises comes first.

Last edited:

SkyBlueZack

Clearly he also doesn't blame Sisu for taking the club to Northampton.

Agreed. The hypocritical nature of people on here is astounding. There are many factions to blame here, not just SISU. I don't like SISU but I love CCFC so my loyalty lies there. In the bigger picture there no more to blame than previous owners, the council or the wonderful f'ing Wasps!!!

Malaka

It's funny how when it suits everything they say is suddenly true.

WTF are you on about? don't you get sarcasm? They try to blag and made themselves look like fucking idiots and they bleat on about how it's not fair etc. SISU got shafted and got what they deserved, get over it, it ain't our stadium, never was and will never be.

The only way I can see us getting our own stadium is away from Coventry and then fans will then have a choice to make. Personally I don't care where it is, as long it is in within 20 miles from Coventry. The unfortunate thing for me is I love football, I love watching Coventry City so to get my football fix I am prepared to travel abit, I would prefer not to but I would. If having our own stadium generates more income, buys us better players and some success comes along great. You can sit at your computer calling peoples opinions that differ from yours horseshit and belittle people, moan about WASP's, that's up to you. But I will continue to watch CCFC in bigger shit holes that the Ricoh.

lewys33

WTF are you on about? don't you get sarcasm? They try to blag and made themselves look like fucking idiots and they bleat on about how it's not fair etc. SISU got shafted and got what they deserved, get over it, it ain't our stadium, never was and will never be.

The only way I can see us getting our own stadium is away from Coventry and then fans will then have a choice to make. Personally I don't care where it is, as long it is in within 20 miles from Coventry. The unfortunate thing for me is I love football, I love watching Coventry City so to get my football fix I am prepared to travel abit, I would prefer not to but I would. If having our own stadium generates more income, buys us better players and some success comes along great. You can sit at your computer calling peoples opinions that differ from yours horseshit and belittle people, moan about WASP's, that's up to you. But I will continue to watch CCFC in bigger shit holes that the Ricoh.

tumblr_inline_mjwpx7Wk521qz4rgp.gif

matesx

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

SkyBlueZack

SISU got shafted or CCFC did? Either way you seem very pleased with the outcome.

Noggin

What an interesting new discussion this thread has developed into, lets all shout our unwavering opinions at one another for 60 more pages, it's bound to be worth our time and lead to common ground.

skybluetony176

What do you think about the council turning down a desperate plea for a rent decrease when we first moved there? The fact that they insisted on Sisu getting the club? Do you think it is right that CCFC were not offered the same deal Wasps were? How can you be critical of Sisu in Northampton when you appear to be apathetic about a franchise club taking the Rico on the cheap?

Let's get something straight from the off. I'm not apathetic to anything Wasps. If it all goes tits up for them and we end up picking the Ricoh up out of the ruins it will be a great day for the club regardless of who our owners are.

Here's some good advice for you and Harry. Why don't you actually try reading what people are actually saying rather than trying to spin what they're saying?

It's all CCC's fault isn't it. They insisted on SISU getting the club. What a load of bollocks. Did AL have MM's kids held captive or something until he signed CCFC over to SISU? This is all part of your inability to hold SISU accountable for running our club. Even if you could bring yourself for to pointing a finger in SISU's direction it still wouldn't be their fault because CCC made them buy the club. You really don't have any idea how pathetic that sounds do you?

I don't know what world you Grendull and anyone else who thinks that business deals of the magnitude of the Ricoh deal get whored around live in but it ain't the real world. Am I surprised it didn't happen? No. Would I expect it to happen? No. That doesn't mean I'm happy that wasps got the deal they did because I'm not.

SISU were quite publicly invited to make an offer. AL even got on a train to take the matter up. No offer was ever made. I seem also to remember that AL confirmed that other parties were interested. I also seem to remember people saying on here that employees of the club knew it was coming long before it did and was showing fans in private meetings the wasps prospective. If SISU were ever serious about buying the Ricoh they certainly had not only the opportunity to enter into negotiations they also knew that they weren't the only show in town.

fernandopartridge

Land in London is at an absolute premium. This includes contaminated land sites, which are actually targeted for the most significant future development to meet the citites needs for an ever growing population. There is little chance of building new stadia at any of these targeted sites. QPR wish to re-locate to a site adjacent to their current home - as things stand they have no chance, as housing and commercial premises comes first.

On that basis a move away from Coventry due to the lack of available sites would be supportable

SkyBlueZack

Do you have information of what was said in the meeting between Ann Lucas and Joy Seppalla? Or are you just going by what the Telegraph have reported? The same Telegraph who never really had any time for CRFC but can't get enough of Wasps. Nothing like selling your soul!

ajsccfc

Dumb and Dumber's such a good film, I'm avoiding the sequel in case it ruins my love of the original.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Do you have information of what was said in the meeting between Ann Lucas and Joy Seppalla? Or are you just going by what the Telegraph have reported? The same Telegraph who never really had any time for CRFC but can't get enough of Wasps. Nothing like selling your soul!

I presume that's why there are ten times as many articles about the city than there are about the wasps. But don't let the truth get in the way of a good lie eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shy_tall_knight

For those in the "its all CCC's fault" but don't discuss the disaster that SISU have been camp, I hope when you are sitting in your black and yellow seats at the Ricoh in a few years time with crowds of 4,000 continuing to watch poor lower league football that you get some comfort from the hope that WAPS may fail and that it was the councils fault.

lewys33

I vote Wakefield! Should be enough land there? No present football team already. Would make perfect business sense. The club would thrive! I'm sold!

That's it isn't it? I wonder how many Coventry folk/CCFC fans would support the club if they moved over 100 miles permanently. I mean it's clearly not viable to stay here - just like for Wasps it wasn't. We don't own our stadium - just like Wasps didn't. What is the difference?

lewys33

For those in the "its all CCC's fault" but don't discuss the disaster that SISU have been camp, I hope when you are sitting in your black and yellow seats at the Ricoh in a few years time with crowds of 4,000 continuing to watch poor lower league football that you get some comfort from the hope that WAPS may fail and that it was the councils fault.

You don't have to be one extreme or the other. SISU fucked up big time. 2 wrongs don't make a right though.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I helped Michael out with a few KCIC protests etc. and I would do it all again in a heartbeat. I didn't however do that just so the council could sell the stadium to a london based franchise rugby team on the cheap.

What sisu did was wrong. What the council have done since is also wrong.

Sick Boy

Do you genuinely believe that the council played no part in any of this?

LB87ccfc

Both SISU and the Council fucked us over, AL was NEVER going to do a deal with SISU until Hell froze over, Hatred between her and JS goes way back.

SISU fucked us for constant bollocks spouted and dreamed up fantasies that are genuinely never going to happen.

Both as bad as each other, enough said, theirs a match on Saturday by the way..

NorthernWisdom

You don't have to be one extreme or the other. SISU fucked up big time. 2 wrongs don't make a right though.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I helped Michael out with a few KCIC protests etc. and I would do it all again in a heartbeat. I didn't however do that just so the council could sell the stadium to a london based franchise rugby team on the cheap.

What sisu did was wrong. What the council have done since is also wrong.

As an aside, has Michael got bored with the whole endless bickering and buggered off?

shy_tall_knight

Do you genuinely believe that the council played no part in any of this?

No I think what the council did was a disgrace but they are elected local politicians and have avoided the embarrassment of a potential white elephant stadium by selling to WASPS, however in doing so IMO have fooked the club, but at no political cost to themselves, CCFC are back in Cov, the stadium is seen as a success, besides on this forum, it is hardly discussed.

My original post was aimed at those who believe that SISU are blameless in this situation, they created the opportunity for WASPS. Also hoping WASPS to fail, which I do, is probably SISU's own strategy it has left.

skybluetony176

As an aside, has Michael got bored with the whole endless bickering and buggered off?

I couldn't day for certain because I haven't had any contact with Michael in a long time but I would say yes. The final nail I would guess would be that despite Michael being the only face off the protest groups to (as far as I can remember) express anger at the Wasps Ricoh deal certain members on here took it upon themselves to declare that KCIC would be delighted in this deal and when he attempted to point out what he was actually saying he got belittled. I can't remember him posting after that.

Sick Boy

No I think what the council did was a disgrace but they are elected local politicians and have avoided the embarrassment of a potential white elephant stadium by selling to WASPS, however in doing so IMO have fooked the club, but at no political cost to themselves, CCFC are back in Cov, the stadium is seen as a success, besides on this forum, it is hardly discussed.

My original post was aimed at those who believe that SISU are blameless in this situation, they created the opportunity for WASPS. Also hoping WASPS to fail, which I do, is probably SISU's own strategy it has left.

Show me a poster who believes that SISU are blameless.

NorthernWisdom

I couldn't day for certain because I haven't had any contact with Michael in a long time but I would say yes. The final nail I would guess would be that despite Michael being the only face off the protest groups to (as far as I can remember) express anger at the Wasps Ricoh deal certain members on here took it upon themselves to declare that KCIC would be delighted in this deal and when he attempted to point out what he was actually saying he got belittled. I can't remember him posting after that.

tbf, I do remember a lot of us who'd otherwise been critical on occasion, praising his consistency and sticking to his principles ref: Wasps so not entirely sure it's fair to blame reactions on this board.

And if that were the perception received, not entirely sure it was completely accurate.

Sick Boy

Fair play to him and shame on the Sky Blue Trust for going along and actively supporting Wasps. Perhaps it was his dismay at the Trust supporting Wasps that did it for him?

Users who are viewing this thread