Less like our home everyday.... (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

To be fair to ISIS, their PR machine is way ahead of ours.

SkyBlueZack

But they succecced through the Council's obvious hatred of SISU. Sell to anyone at any cost but SISU. That is how it is

SkyblueBazza

Ultimately SISU are a business & want to,run our club soley as a business with scant regard for their customers (US...they have proved that many times over). The first rule of business is to know your customers...they didn't choose to know US...they didn't choose to know the council negotiators well enough either, otherwise they would have had a reasonable idea what they needed to offer to compete. They had some idea obviously - but they attached too many conditions if I recall rightly.
So Wasps must've overall been a more attractive deal.

End of - we are moving on, not interested in the Ricoh. We have our own plans (apparently).

...onwards & upwards PUSB

lifeskyblue

Yes the club was in a downward spiral before sisu arrived but their stewardship has done nothing to slow that decline...some would argue that they have speeded up the demise of a once great club.
We are at the lowest point in the last 50years...I would argue in the club's entire history. If the owners don't take some responsibility for that then who should?

And as for likening sisu to Isis...that is cheap, nasty and uncalled for in a discussion about the football club I support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

If SISU had spent early the stadium would of cost far more than what Wasps eventually paid. The F & B alone was quoted at an astronomical price which in hindsight appears to have been used as a deterrant so the club couldn't buy it. The stadium was never offered to the club at a reasonable price. Just because Wasps eventually paid what they did it does not mean at any stage the stadium was available to the club at a reasonable price or offered to the club at a reasonable price. The evidence all points to the contrary. We all know the quotes, I won't bore you all. It amazes me the level of spite shown towards the club by the council. Not half as much as fans backing them and Wasps do though. The stadium was built for us, it's rightfully ours. Mismanagement led to the situation where the council were required to bail us out. Question is did they bail us out as we are the pride of the city, bring money into the economy, have a positive impact on the community or did they just see an opportunity for power, money and selfish glory? I know what I think

There were hordes of fans on here emailing the council begging them not to sell to CCFC.

Grendel

Ultimately SISU are a business & want to,run our club soley as a business with scant regard for their customers (US...they have proved that many times over). The first rule of business is to know your customers...they didn't choose to know US...they didn't choose to know the council negotiators well enough either, otherwise they would have had a reasonable idea what they needed to offer to compete. They had some idea obviously - but they attached too many conditions if I recall rightly.
So Wasps must've overall been a more attractive deal.

End of - we are moving on, not interested in the Ricoh. We have our own plans (apparently).

You are missing the point. The council didn't want to sell their share to the football club - Sisu or pre Sisu - they would have only approved the sale of Higgs share for a price which was greater than the 100% shareholding wasps were offered.

Remember the club asked to buy the f and b revenues and were quoted £24 million. Handed to wasps as part of a whole package that we were effectively asked to pay £30 million for only half the shareholding.

Have a lie down and think about that.

Sick Boy

Anyone who thinks that the Council would have let CCFC buy the club for the same price as Wasps is an idiot. Anyone who meekly accepts this is an even bigger idiot.

Grendel

Anyone who thinks that the Council would have let CCFC buy the club for the same price as Wasps is an idiot. Anyone who meekly accepts this is an even bigger idiot.

That makes Tony an even bigger idiot.

Still we knew that anyway.

duffer

"...I'll never knowingly give any support to Wasps while they are here" - have you thought this through? It appears you are saying you will NOT be watching any 'home' games, because by paying the entry price...that provides the funds for SISU to pay the rent for us playing in THEIR stadium.

I'm well aware of that - although it's much the same as people saying they'll never support SISU going to games too.

Are you supporting SISU by going to home games, Bazza?

Presumably you are - and I am too. I'm aware that some of my money ends up in Wasps' pockets by supporting the club, SISU's too. Not much I can do about it. I can boycott Wasps rather than supporting them directly though, and I can feel pissed off that their logos are all around what was built and intended for CCFC.

I don't feel much obliged to just 'accept it'.

Otis

No offence taken Otis. I'm not talking about 5 years or even 10 years time, I know full well we're at the Ricoh for the foreseeable future. But unless wasps fail (and every single Coventry City fan should be boycotting them) then I can't see us being still at the Ricoh in 15-20 years time, in a wasps branded stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
No agree.

If Wasps are still here in 10 years then I'm all but sure we won't be.

The bigger they become the less they will need us.

And yes, we should ALL boycott Wasps in my opinion.

If they didn't get the support then the project would fail and they would have to do a deal or leave.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

Monners

Agree Otis. Problem is though, is that human nature tells us that people will go - they will want something to cheer about, and a day out, that er than care about the wider issues and implications. If Wasps fail, they will just find something else to do.

skyblueinBaku

This all began far before SISU yet some people just can't let go of their hatred towards SISU. I think some of you believe there behind ISIS the way you go on

If Sisu were behind ISIS, ISIS would have made nowhwere near the territorial gains they have made.

skybluetony176

It's a theory. I'll give you that. But as this was never tested that's all it will ever be. A theory.

lewys33

Wasps are well within their rights to do what they want with their stadium. Nobody is arguing that. Doesn't mean we have to sit and accept it does it??

Cheifdave summed it up for me - how many other teams go this far to prove its their stadium? Did they not say they would be considerate to CCFC because of the situation?

NorthernWisdom

No offence Stu, but that's just words. It doesn't mean anything. It's all well and good talking about in an ideal world, but we are very much entrenched in reality.

How can we accept our future lies away from the Ricoh when there's nowhere to go, no money to build and an owner who is only looking for a return on their investment.

If there IS somewhere to go and there IS money, then why the hell has nothing ever happened. It's all a nonsense. Empty rhetoric.

We have a place to play, it's here in Coventry and we simply need to focus on that instead of listening to empty promises from an owner who doesn't even want to be here.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

There's nowehere to go as much because everybody has decided there's nowehere to go.

NorthernWisdom

Why? because it's embodying a sense of space with a sense of place.

Every club that owns a stadium should be doing similar. The absolutely crazy thing that was done late on at HR was removing the photos of the Cup win around the offices, the absolutely crazy thing was making a place generic flat-pack, thus making it lack distinction.

Part of the reason we got in this mess in the first place was we ripped our identity away from the place we played (and no, I'm not even talking Northampton) and thus loosened the bonds that tie club to community, club to place.

So yes, it's absolutely imperitive for any club that plays in a ground to make it theirs, by whatever means possible. To do otherwise would be to be negligent in the extreme.

Ultimately, if Wasps are to survive and thrive, they have to pay us as little attention as possible and do what's best for them. Doesn't mean *I* like it, but it would be naive to expect otherwise.

Joy Division

Depends who owned CCFC though. The council clearly didn't like the people in charge of the club.

duffer

It's a theory. I'll give you that. But as this was never tested that's all it will ever be. A theory.

It was never tested because the council at the very point they were saying they wanted to wait and build trust before talking about ownership with CCFC, had secretly done a deal with Wasps.

That's not a theory, that's a fact.

Malaka

I really don't get the franchise argument, it is no fault of WASP supporters that they became homeless, they had a planning application turned down in London and as a result became homeless. We had a stadium, our owners sold it, ran into debt, agreed to a bail out for a ground from the council. A takeover was done with the club being given away for nothing, so when SISU took over they took over nothing but debt and a training ground. We had no stadium before SISU and we still don't have one.
We had a chance to buy before and after the RICOH was built. CCFC in their different guises blew it. The WASPS did what they had to, they have secured the future of their club as London did not want them. Professional sport is a business and it seems to me WASPS run their business better than we do. The people of Coventry generally do not give a toss about CCFC and so we have the team that the people deserve (not the supporters).
It is sad that we have a shit team, shit owners and no ground, but I don't blame the WASP's for building the foundations of their club and by the way WASP's is a relatively new club that split from the original club and have never owned their own ground until now (I think).
Good luck to them. They have what we have had the chance to have. I don't blame the WASP's I blame the shite management and ownership that we have had to endure for ever since I can remember. I don't remember Jimmy Hill, but I do remember Cantwell, Sexton and the Sillett and Curtis days, they were the only good times in my memory and in 47 years of supporting Coventry City that aint alot. We have the situation that has brewed for years, lack of ambition and lack of interest due to the shite that we have had to endure for fucking years now.

Malaka

Wasps are well within their rights to do what they want with their stadium. Nobody is arguing that. Doesn't mean we have to sit and accept it does it??

Cheifdave summed it up for me - how many other teams go this far to prove its their stadium? Did they not say they would be considerate to CCFC because of the situation?

Because Coventry City will have their own stadium soon, SISU said it so it must be true, they are considerate to CCFC, they are letting a company play there who don't pay their rent

Shake_and_McPake

Facebook User
You know why it's feeling "less and less like our home"? Because it isn't our home.

Sad, I guess, it is what it is. It's like moaning that your landlord has changed all the carpets. Moan all you want, but it isn't your house. Simple really, they've left the CCFC badge on the outside. We were lucky to get that. They don't seem horrible though to be fair, pretty good of them to be so accommodating to us.

Actually, we never owned it. It's never "been our home" as it were. Just where we played our games minus the trips to Northampton.

lewys33

Because Coventry City will have their own stadium soon, SISU said it so it must be true, they are considerate to CCFC, they are letting a company play there who don't pay their rent

It's funny how when it suits everything they say is suddenly true.

NorthernWisdom

I really don't get the franchise argument, it is no fault of WASP supporters that they became homeless, they had a planning application turned down in London and as a result became homeless.

It's well known there are zero stadia available to rent in London.

And as for building one, London's a small place so little opportunity. Saracens failed after all...

Users who are viewing this thread