Les Reid Twitter (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

So now Jack is saying that the club are being screwed over, it must be true ;)

Seppala is saying she will build a new stadium, it must be true. Do you know what I'm beginning to think it is!

J

Jack Griffin

Be the best thing about the Wasps deal seeing the back of the pointless Higgs share in ACL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need out, that has always been clear. They can't afford to have £5M+ tied up in the Arena for years & years to come, the charities aims are to (wisely) spend the money on projects that benefit Coventry.

samccov1987

Don't get what right we have to challenge this when our owners have made a statement that they don't want to bid. Regardless of the undoubted ethics of a club moving to another city ( although wasps left london over ten years ago) if the deal is financially sound the council have a responsibility to consider it; especially if the funds it brings can be used to subsidise services in the city that are currently in danger of being cut.

We know sisu won't build a new stadium regardless of their rhetoric so could it be that they know something we don't by not contesting the purchase? Personally I think a new owner of acl would make it easier for us to negotiate a stake and that maybe they've already discussed this with the potential new owners. There's no way they moved back to the Ricoh without knowing this was on the cards.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

They need out, that has always been clear. They can't afford to have £5M+ tied up in the Arena for years & years to come, the charities aims are to (wisely) spend the money on projects that benefit Coventry.

In which case one has to ask, if owning a stake in the arena is not of benefit to Coventry, why they do in the first place.

(I'd like to emphasise at this stage that I'm sure the presence of Derek Higgs on the board of the football club was entirely coincidental)

Either it's not of benefit to Coventry (in which case why are people getting steamed up about SISU maybe owning it) or it is... in which case Higgs should be hanging their heads in shame at the thought of selling to an external sports team.

Fergusons_Beard

Bloody hell-why don't people get it!

SISU aren't bidding because this is an obvious tactic to get the club into a bidding war & pay way over the odds for a stadium where car parking,corporate & refreshments are owned by third parties

That's why they want to build their own stadium-revenue streams!

J

Jack Griffin

In which case one has to ask, if owning a stake in the arena is not of benefit to Coventry, why they do in the first place.

(I'd like to emphasise at this stage that I'm sure the presence of Derek Higgs on the board of the football club was entirely coincidental)

Either it's not of benefit to Coventry (in which case why are people getting steamed up about SISU maybe owning it) or it is... in which case Higgs should be hanging their heads in shame at the thought of selling to an external sports team.

I don't know why you put it like this, you know full well that the arrangement was intended to be temporary, why play this game, I though you were better than that.

shy_tall_knight

Bloody hell-why don't people get it!

SISU aren't bidding because this is an obvious tactic to get the club into a bidding war & pay way over the odds for a stadium where car parking,corporate & refreshments are owned by third parties

That's why they want to build their own stadium-revenue streams!

However to build their own stadium requires a £30m capital investment which they haven't got the cash for, its 18 months on since CCFC moved on, they left the club shop, to have a barrow in Tesco to finally have the worst clubshop at Gallagher , then went to Northants only to come back again, they keep going to court and losing. Lets be honest SISU are fairly clueless and pathetic at running a football club.

letsallsingtogether

Yes and in the mean time Land prices have soured. So much for we will tell you in 3 weeks.......

The stdium will now cost them even more
However to build their own stadium requires a £30m capital investment which they haven't got the cash for, its 18 months on since CCFC moved on, they left the club shop, to have a barrow in Tesco to finally have the worst clubshop at Gallagher , then went to Northants only to come back again, they keep going to court and losing. Lets be honest SISU are fairly clueless and pathetic at running a football club.

James Smith

SISU tried to move out of the Higgs centre to Warwick & were told by the FA the facilities there were inadequate & forced to move back.

It could have cost us our Cat 2 status, dangerous gamble.

James Smith

However, PWKH was very keen to make clear the entities were separate, so we must respect that POV.

Wonder if Alan Higgs ever thought that he'd have a sports centre named after him when he started the charity with his money.

Grendel

Wonder if Alan Higgs ever thought that he'd have a sports centre named after him when he started the charity with his money.

I'm sure there would be a lot of other things he'd be wondering first.

duffer

Don't get what right we have to challenge this when our owners have made a statement that they don't want to bid. Regardless of the undoubted ethics of a club moving to another city ( although wasps left london over ten years ago) if the deal is financially sound the council have a responsibility to consider it; especially if the funds it brings can be used to subsidise services in the city that are currently in danger of being cut.

We know sisu won't build a new stadium regardless of their rhetoric so could it be that they know something we don't by not contesting the purchase? Personally I think a new owner of acl would make it easier for us to negotiate a stake and that maybe they've already discussed this with the potential new owners. There's no way they moved back to the Ricoh without knowing this was on the cards.

The fact that it's ethically improper provides a sufficient right to challenge it. If you're against moving clubs away from their fanbase, then you should be against this.

Let's not pretend that Wasps fans are happy about it, because they aren't. They don't want to move further away from London, they want to move closer if anything. Basically, they feel exactly the same way that we did when we were moved to Northampton, and how Wimbledon did when they were franchised to Milton Keynes.

There's no justification for this - people who seem to think it's OK because there's the slight possiblity that it might lead to a change of owners, seem to be conveniently overlooking the fact that it's simply wrong.

I hate SISU with a passion - but what's right is right and what's wrong is wrong, and there's really no grey area on this one.

If SISU do hold on to the club after all of this, and decide to build a stadium the other side of Nuneaton, or by Hinckley, or Solihull, or Daventry or somewhere else that would be fairly unbearable for most Cov fans, what right do we have to complain if we've sat back and let this happen?

Grendel

The fact that it's ethically improper provides a sufficient right to challenge it. If you're against moving clubs away from their fanbase, then you should be against this.

Let's not pretend that Wasps fans are happy about it, because they aren't. They don't want to move further away from London, they want to move closer if anything. Basically, they feel exactly the same way that we did when we were moved to Northampton, and how Wimbledon did when they were franchised to Milton Keynes.

There's no justification for this - people who seem to think it's OK because there's the slight possiblity that it might lead to a change of owners, seem to be conveniently overlooking the fact that it's simply wrong.

I hate SISU with a passion - but what's right is right and what's wrong is wrong, and there's really no grey area on this one.

If SISU do hold on to the club after all of this, and decide to build a stadium the other side of Nuneaton, or by Hinckley, or Solihull, or Daventry or somewhere else that would be fairly unbearable for most Cov fans, what right do we have to complain if we've sat back and let this happen?

It's becoming such a pain. I find myself 100% in agreement with all the posts Duffer makes.

duffer

It's becoming such a pain. I find myself 100% in agreement with all the posts Duffer makes.

If I could do one of those gif thingys, it'd be the one with Kevin Costner in J.F.K.

"We're through the looking-glass here people". ;)

L

limoncello

Even I'm sorely tempted to 'like' Duffer's recent posts.

ccfc92

I'm not sure what's worse, people paying attention to likes or people judging the poster rather than the post, despite what's actually posted.

samccov1987

But our club owners say they don't want it so the council have a responsibility to the citizens of coventry to consider the sale.

Personally I think it would be a bad move for wasps as coventry isn't a hot bed for football let alone rugby anymore unless birmingham & warwickshire union fans got behind it from the off. Although with all the conference, concerts and sublets it may be easier to subsidise a pro rugby club than football team.

If sisu had said it was a direct threat to our existence then think we would have a right to lobby - but they didn't. Why didn't they is the question?

Personally I think the council and Higgs have had a bellyful of the whole situation and need to concentrate on the massive budget cuts to local government and core charity work. If someone wants to pay the market rate for acl then the three hundred thousand non ccfc antendees rightly expect them to evaluate the proposal.

dongonzalos

The thing is, as with SISU when they moved to Northampton. It's their fault not Northampton's.
This is the same it's wasps fault not ACL.

James Smith

I'm sure there would be a lot of other things he'd be wondering first.

Very true, Mcginnity said recently that Sir Higgs would be "turning in his grave" over all this, so I dread to think how old man Higgs would have taken what's happened to the club.

duffer

I'm not sure what's worse, people paying attention to likes or people judging the poster rather than the post, despite what's actually posted.

To be honest, it's always nice to be liked, but if I even was the only person in the world who saw what's going on as wrong, then I'd still have to say something.

In fact, now I thnk about it, I sometimes think I am the only person in the world who values my opinion. I'm certainly the only person in my house that listens to me. ;)

ccfc92

To be honest, it's always nice to be liked, but if I even was the only person in the world who saw what's going on as wrong, then I'd still have to say something.

In fact, now I thnk about it, I sometimes think I am the only person in the world who values my opinion. I'm certainly the only person in my house that listens to me. ;)

Not even the pet budgie? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread