Les Reid: Ray Ranson & ex-CCFC people may be in on a club/Ricoh takeover plot (2 Viewers)

Nonleagueherewecome

Did you go to that charity game? People were actually worshiping him.

Because sometimes it is a given isn't it that SISU are pricks? There is nothing set that only one party can be pricks or you can only think that one are pricks.

Maybe people have to bang on about ACL / CCC to fight against the people they have posting on the site? ;)

No I didn't go to the charity game, but I would suggest that "worshiping" may have been your subjective view of how he was treated rather than strictly true?

"the people they have posting on the site" line just smacks of paranoia. And if that is true, there's a fair few posting for SISU too!

Grendel

Thats the treesome out the window then.

Sisu wouldn't even be here without the Council. They have never valued the club as an asset in the City and they never will. Its odd as many other Cities do but this council has never gave the club any consideration at all.

Nonleagueherewecome

Speaking for myself I don't constantly bang on about how much I hate SISU every day because its done to death on here and there is more than enough people to show the general fans opinion towards the owners.

The points about why there are terrible owners they are well covered on here so I don't have much to add other than largely I agree with what is being said, I'd just be repeating what others have said 1000's of time.

That's fair enough and I know where your coming from, but my point is more the gleeful pouncing on Elliott and Hoffman as if they were the true villains of the piece by people who have a 2-3 year posting history of being far less critical of SISU than they are of The Two Amigos and ACL/CCC. At least Grendel is always entirely up front about who he blames rather than claiming to be objective and even handed when obviously not.

Nonleagueherewecome

The only problem that Elliott & Hoffman have is they do not have enough money to buy and run CCFC.

Both are however Sky Blue through and through and are to be applauded on their efforts to help the Club.

Throw Ranson into the mix and I would far rather them own our Club than the present incumbents.

Ranson does make me feel a bit sick. He sold the dream to SISU and doesn't even have any "I support the club" excuse to fall back on.

Samo

Sisu wouldn't even be here without the Council. They have never valued the club as an asset in the City and they never will. Its odd as many other Cities do but this council has never gave the club any consideration at all.

And have therefore failed us and their civic duty. Are we finally, finally recognizing this?

Grendel

Unlike our exalted owners.

Owners come and owners go == some are good and some bad. Some like Sisu are the Fawlty Towers of football owners. Most councils value sporting clubs. Ours doesn't.

Nick

Administrator
No I didn't go to the charity game, but I would suggest that "worshiping" may have been your subjective view of how he was treated rather than strictly true?

"the people they have posting on the site" line just smacks of paranoia. And if that is true, there's a fair few posting for SISU too!

No, I mean people doing the arm movements. I would say that was strictly true.

I don't doubt people have posted on here for SISU, they just haven't been stupid enough to make it blatantly obvious unlike some of the ACL crew. No paranoia involved.

Nick

Administrator
Speaking for myself I don't constantly bang on about how much I hate SISU every day because its done to death on here and there is more than enough people to show the general fans opinion towards the owners.

The points about why there are terrible owners they are well covered on here so I don't have much to add other than largely I agree with what is being said, I'd just be repeating what others have said 1000's of time.

This

The other thing is some of the ridiculously stupid things people come out with. SISU have done plenty wrong, so there is no need to make things up sometimes.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Owners come and owners go == some are good and some bad. Some like Sisu are the Fawlty Towers of football owners. Most councils value sporting clubs. Ours doesn't.

Some are good some are bad,some stupid and others fatal,our present owners have three of these atributes. Add arrogant,deceitfull,manipulative,devisive,bloodyminded,devious will get back to you with more in a bit.

Grendel

Some are good some are bad,some stupid and others fatal,our present owners have three of these atributes. Add arrogant,deceitfull,manipulative,devisive,bloodyminded,devious will get back to you with more in a bit.

Ultimately all the more reason you need support from a council

Samo

Civic duty? 10,000 City fans vers the other 320,000 inhabitants of the City ? Don't
go down that route

So they have no duty to us? They were elected to represent all of us... We are some of those.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Mental health team?

th

Grendel

Breaking news everyone. Grendull blames the council entirely.

I really didn't see that one coming.

Oooh you called me Grendull - snigger snigger - and Italia likes the post. Italia remind us what SISU stands for or shall I show it again?

lordsummerisle

If it's Eurofin who are involved with the financial backing and been introduced by Ranson, then Sisu Mark II is definitely on the cards.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/espirito-santo-saga-entangles-swiss-company-1407149961

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/08/13/heres-how-some-of-eurofins-claims-stack-up/

http://www.finance-monthly.com/2012...ted-football-club-on-takeover-by-gfh-capital/

Of course, Hoffman, Elliott and the Council would have carried their own research as past record proves that they are scrupulous about such things...

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
To be fair, it is more than the CET have found isn't it?

Nothing has been "found" though has it? It's all speculation. At the moment. Not that it couldn't be true of course.

Speculation about a deal we revealed I might add. But apparently that doesn't count as having "found" something?

We're simply not in the business of parroting people. If we can't stand it up, we don't print it. At least without making absolutely clear it's speculation.

We don't claim to know everything, or always know it first. We simply don't have the resources or time to be able to. But we do try our best. And I do try my hardest to bring you as much information as I can as quickly and clearly as I can.

And hey, sometimes I might even make the odd mistake. But if I do, it's an honest one.

But I appreciate the fact many of you read my stories, and I hope I can encourage you to keep doing so by performing my job to the best of my ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

Snap, exactly my point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

L

limoncello

Nothing has been "found" though has it? It's all speculation. At the moment. Not that it couldn't be true of course.

Speculation about a deal we revealed I might add. But apparently that doesn't count as having "found" something?

We're simply not in the business of parroting people. If we can't stand it up, we don't print it. At least without making absolutely clear it's speculation.

We don't claim to know everything, or always know it first. We simply don't have the resources or time to be able to. But we do try our best. And I do try my hardest to bring you as much information as I can as quickly and clearly as I can.

And hey, sometimes I might even make the odd mistake. But if I do, it's an honest one.

But I appreciate the fact many of you read my stories, and I hope I can encourage you to keep doing so by performing my job to the best of my ability.

What was that story you ran with the 'kickstarter' guy? Crowdpay or something, can't remember exactly.

Rusty Trombone

You're being too polite for this site. All you needed was one of these :jerkit:

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
What was that story you ran with the 'kickstarter' guy? Crowdpay or something, can't remember exactly.

The story about a guy that set up a crowd funding website to raise money to negotiate a rent deal return with ACL? It was exactly that. A story about a guy who set up a website.

We never endorsed it or said it was plausible. And the fact that almost every reader realised he was a chancer shows you we probably covered it with exactly the tone it deserved.

But it was interesting, and kept the issues CCFC were facing in the spotlight.

Users who are viewing this thread