les reid is a (1 Viewer)

Moff

And here we go with the self proclaimed intelligent person dishing out personal insults.

Does Led Reid get paid for reporting on CCC - Ccfc matters? Yes

Will his employer make more money if more people read it? Yes.

Will increased revenues for the observer allow them to pay their journalists more? Probably.

Where have I self proclaimed to be intelligent? (although I am)

You though are a dumb fuck. I wouldnt insult you if you werent being one, with your conspiracy crap. If you disgree with what I said so be it.

Last edited:

Moff

Its you two that are suggesting that what actually happens is journalists work for free, newspapers don't try and make money, and businesses hope that no one will see their adverts.

Quote me where I said those words dick head.

lordsummerisle

It's perfect logic. You mentioned vested interests first in this thread ahead of anything else. So yes you brought it up first.
How is that not logical someone help me out here.

This place is full of fucking logic choppers, so not much chjance of any help coming anytime soon.

lordsummerisle

You though are a dumb fuck. I wouldnt insult you if you werent being one, with your conspiracy crap. If you disgree with what I said so be it.

Conspiracy theories are all just made up rubbish to hide what's really happening.

hill83

How am I trying to promote a conspiracy? I'm talking about excepted facts of the world.

Its you two that are suggesting that what actually happens is journalists work for free, newspapers don't try and make money, and businesses hope that no one will see their adverts.

If that isn't a conspiracy theory I don't know what is.

I wasn't suggesting that at all. I was asking carefully planned questions to make you admit that you are discrediting him based on accusations rather than the content of his work. If you really think that I think he is working for free then you are slower than I thought.

Nick

Administrator
It's perfect logic. You mentioned vested interests first in this thread ahead of anything else. So yes you brought it up first.
How is that not logical someone help me out here.

Don't worry about it, some posters on here are enough to make you double check your self. They fail to grasp the simplest of points or just choose to miss them completely.

"check your bad self"

shmmeee

Fuck me this thread is depressing.

Reid's journalism is shit because, aside for them spelling and grammar mistakes, he writes full of loaded language (always "Labour led council" never just "council", always "Ms Seppala" but not "Ms Lucas", putting ironic quote marks around spokesperson when the council gave a statement) and he doesn't actually back up his point, instead relying of supposition and handing over half the article to someone with an axe to grind.

I mean FFS if Dave Nellist is the best you've got you've hardly got a story.

It's terrible journalism on its own merits, never mind who he supports.

His attitude to anyone who questions him and the quickness to spread rumours about those he disagrees with also mark him out as a pretty disposable human being.

*awaits response ignoring all the points put forward and instead insisting its a conspiracy because he's not saying the right things*

hill83

Reid's journalism is shit because, aside for them spelling and grammar mistakes, he writes full of loaded language (always "Labour led council" never just "council", always "Ms Seppala" but not "Ms Lucas", putting ironic quote marks around spokesperson when the council gave a statement) and he doesn't actually back up his point, instead relying of supposition and handing over half the article to someone with an axe to grind.

His attitude to anyone who questions him and the quickness to spread rumours about those he disagrees with also mark him out as a pretty disposable human being.

*awaits response ignoring all the points put forward and instead insisting its a conspiracy because he's not saying the right things*

Apart from the *awaits response* bollocks at the end I've got no problem with any of this.

bigfatronssba

So when he said there are people on here with a vested interest, he is correct because Simon is on here? So the outrage is for nothing?

Of course simon does. Hence his links to the telegraph website.

I'm not criticising Reid for having a vested interest, I am criticising him for bemoaning others for having a vested interest when he does himself.

bigfatronssba

Your a very rude man.

Moff

I keep an open mind on what he writes, but the points you make above certainly hold some validity.

Thanks for making reasoned arguement as opposed to the OP spouting shit about what team he supports.

bigfatronssba

I wasn't suggesting that at all. I was asking carefully planned questions to make you admit that you are discrediting him based on accusations rather than the content of his work. If you really think that I think he is working for free then you are slower than I thought.

So you were wumming?

lewys33

The thing that frustrates me the most lately is the fact you have to read Simon Gilbert's stories to hear "the council side" and Les Reid's stories to hear "the sisu side". There doesn't seem to be a middle ground at the moment. Les is a good journalist but his lack of professionalism and his twitter antics mean quite a few people, including myself, have no respect for him. He hasn't blocked me on twitter, but I have tried to question him a few times about things. Only ever got 1 response, but generally I am ignored.

Didn't someone do a test where they tweeted him questioning his journalism, and then an hour later tweeted him about how amazing he was? The first was ignored, the 2nd was re-tweeted. Embarrassing.

wingy

The thing that frustrates me the most lately is the fact you have to read Simon Gilbert's stories to hear "the council side" and Les Reid's stories to hear "the sisu side". There doesn't seem to be a middle ground at the moment. Les is a good journalist but his lack of professionalism and his twitter antics mean quite a few people, including myself, have no respect for him. He hasn't blocked me on twitter, but I have tried to question him a few times about things. Only ever got 1 response, but generally I am ignored.

Didn't someone do a test where they tweeted him questioning his journalism, and then an hour later tweeted him about how amazing he was? The first was ignored, the 2nd was re-tweeted. Embarrassing.

I have no axe to grind
He's a fair enough journalist comes at things a little one sided
But he can be wrong like most of us
Take his big opinion piece back in the day full of analysis but the conclusion was off
Saying the only way they would ever bring the team back would be as Stadium owners

Noggin

That's my view too, I couldn't give a damn about who he supports, he's just a poor journalist and poor excuse for a man.

torchomatic

Foulger supported Leicester, didn't he?

Some might well have been city fans. But they are still journalists for a paper who's main aim is to sell/distribute more papers.

Or do you think they all did the job out of the goodness of their heart? Lol.

Moff

Foulger supported Leicester, didn't he?

Cheers Torch, I couldnt remember that.

Of course when he wrote his last piece on our FA Cup win, he elaborated the story to say we won 20-0 in order to sell more papers, and please the advertisers. ;)

torchomatic

The OP is clearly a WUM, I rarely post on here but can't sit back and let utter bollocks be spread. I've known Les for years, and there is no question he's a Sky Blues fan. I sat with him as a season ticket holder at the Ricoh, and before that at Highfield Road, and have also been to many away games with him. In the early 80's he did have a soft spot for Everton, so what that was 30 years ago, I used to like West Ham until I saw the light in 1977!

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
The thing that frustrates me the most lately is the fact you have to read Simon Gilbert's stories to hear "the council side" and Les Reid's stories to hear "the sisu side". There doesn't seem to be a middle ground at the moment.

That doesn't really stand up to scrutiny at the Cov Tel end in my opinion. It has become a narrative which only serves to mask the less balanced style of others.

Remember, we broke the story about ACL's losses and questioned Ann Lucas on her "profitable" claims a couple of days before anyone else caught up.

In my view, all parties have come in for criticism through Coventry Telegraph articles at various points. But, more tellingly, all sides continue to come in for criticism when appropriate. The only agenda we have is the news agenda.

dongonzalos

There would be very few Coventry fans out there who would encourage SISU to negotiate in the fashion they chose to.
Then be outraged when once the plan fails the council decide to do business elsewhere.

Grendel

There would be very few Coventry fans out there who would encourage SISU to negotiate in the fashion they chose to.
Then be outraged when once the plan fails the council decide to do business elsewhere.

Well clearly there is.

letsallsingtogether

I have no axe to grind
He's a fair enough journalist comes at things a little one sided
But he can be wrong like most of us
Take his big opinion piece back in the day full of analysis but the conclusion was off
Saying the only way they would ever bring the team back would be as Stadium owners

Then again some on here will deny that he ever wrote that, it serves their argument I personally don't give a shit about him ether.

lewys33

That doesn't really stand up to scrutiny at the Cov Tel end in my opinion. It has become a narrative which only serves to mask the less balanced style of others.

Remember, we broke the story about ACL's losses and questioned Ann Lucas on her "profitable" claims a couple of days before anyone else caught up.

In my view, all parties have come in for criticism through Coventry Telegraph articles at various points. But, more tellingly, all sides continue to come in for criticism when appropriate. The only agenda we have is the news agenda.

I was more aiming to the fact for a few days on the trot Les was releasing "breaking news" damning the council, while the telegraph was releasing news about SISU losing the appeal, and trying to appeal again etc. I did put "the council side" in inverted comma's - I don't literally think it is exactly that!

Don't worry Simon, I still think your the best around (re-tweet that!) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread