les reid is a (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

And what does this have to do with the price of fish?

Nothing, he is free to support whoever he wants.

It just highlights that his "vested interest" is in selling newspapers and advancing his career.

A law abiding council and a stable Ccfc is not good for his job progression prospects.

hill83

It just highlights that his "vested interest" is in selling newspapers and advancing his career.

A law abiding council and a stable Ccfc is not good for his job progression prospects.

Isn't the Coventry Observer free?

skybluetony176

If he is an Everton fan though you'd have to say he knows what good owners look like. Which begs the question why is he backing ours?

bigfatronssba

Isn't the Coventry Observer free?

Nothing is free. It all gets paid for somewhere. In the case of the Observer it is by advertisers.

Higher readership rate will mean increased advertising revenues, meaning increased wages for its journalists.

hill83

Nothing is free. It all gets paid for somewhere. In the case of the Observer it is by advertisers.

Higher readership rate will mean increased advertising revenues, meaning increased wages for its journalists.

But it's free. They give out as many as they give out. How do they know if more people are reading it?

Kingokings204

That's how I see it. I just would of thought he could of relocated and followed like Leeds situation or something like that. It's clear the interest in ccfc and the case is a dead end.

bigfatronssba

But it's free. They give out as many as they give out. How do they know if more people are reading it?

Through surveying and responses to advertisements.

The same way ITV know how much they can charge advertisers.

hill83

Through surveying and responses to advertisements.

The same way ITV know how much they can charge advertisers.

So the companies advertising have asked Les Reid to write negatively about the council so they can sell more shelves and fireplaces. Every day is a school day.

Moff

So under your logic prior to Andy Turner, Adam Dent, Richard Tanner, Neville Foulger et al shouldnt have reported on us, as they werent City fans and so had vested interests? Perhaps all the Telgraph staff and the Coventry Observer staff should also be from Coventry as well as they might have vested interests. :facepalm:

Are you wearing a tin foil hat?

hill83

Out of interest, if he was writing about something you agreed with would you be saying the same thing? Purely hypothetical of course. Or would it be top class journalisim from a man looking for the truth?

bigfatronssba

So the companies advertising have asked Les Reid to write negatively about the council so they can sell more shelves and fireplaces. Every day is a school day.

You don't think an advertiser would want the observer to have a high readership rate?

Why would a business advertise in the observer if no one read it?

hill83

You don't think an advertiser would want the observer to have a high readership rate?

Why would a business advertise in the observer if no one read it?

No. I don't think Les Reid is writing about the current situation purely at the behest of advertisers. Or to self serve.

bigfatronssba

So under your logic prior to Andy Turner, Adam Dent, Richard Tanner, Neville Foulger et al shouldnt have reported on us, as they werent City fans and so had vested interests? Perhaps all the Telgraph staff and the Coventry Observer staff should also be from Coventry as well as they might have vested interests. :facepalm:

Are you wearing a tin foil hat?

Some might well have been city fans. But they are still journalists for a paper who's main aim is to sell/distribute more papers.

Or do you think they all did the job out of the goodness of their heart? Lol.

bigfatronssba

No. I don't think Les Reid is writing about the current situation purely at the behest of advertisers. Or to self serve.

No he's doing it for his career.

Why do you think he's doing it?

Moff

Some might well have been city fans. But they are still journalists for a paper who's main aim is to sell/distribute more papers.

Or do you think they all did the job out of the goodness of their heart? Lol.

Nicely sidestepped when you havent got a reasoned reply.

They werent Coventry fans so in your warped logic they had a vested interest and shouldnt have reported on the club.

Only ten years olds and Sky Blue John say lol.

hill83

No he's doing it for his career.

Why do you think he's doing it?

Both reasons you state. Plus because he wants to. Note I said 'purely'. If it was something you agreed with would you be saying the same or are you just trying to discredit his work because you don't agree with it?

Moff

Both reasons you state. Plus because he wants to. Note I said 'purely'. If it was something you agreed with would you be saying the same or are you just trying to discredit his work because you don't agree with it?

It appears BFR doesnt agree with it, so sits in his tin foil hat trying to convince us all its a conspiracy!

bigfatronssba

Nicely sidestepped when you havent got a reasoned reply.

They werent Coventry fans so in your warped logic they had a vested interest and shouldnt have reported on the club.

Only ten years olds and Sky Blue John say lol.

Where have I said they shouldn't have reported?

Moff

Where have I said they shouldn't have reported?

YOu are implying Les Reid has a vested interest, and that implys you dont think he should report on the club due to that reason, as you are suggesting City fans should or are you just a dumb fuck who bangs on about les Reid all the time as you just dont like what he writes.

bigfatronssba

Well obviously.
Why would I discredit something I agree with?

bigfatronssba

YOu are implying Les Reid has a vested interest, and that implys you dont think he should report on the club due to that reason, as you are suggesting City fans should or are you just a dumb fuck who bangs on about les Reid all the time as you just dont like what he writes.

And here we go with the self proclaimed intelligent person dishing out personal insults.

Does Led Reid get paid for reporting on CCC - Ccfc matters? Yes

Will his employer make more money if more people read it? Yes.

Will increased revenues for the observer allow them to pay their journalists more? Probably.

bigfatronssba

It appears BFR doesnt agree with it, so sits in his tin foil hat trying to convince us all its a conspiracy!

How am I trying to promote a conspiracy? I'm talking about excepted facts of the world.

Its you two that are suggesting that what actually happens is journalists work for free, newspapers don't try and make money, and businesses hope that no one will see their adverts.

If that isn't a conspiracy theory I don't know what is.

bigfatronssba

No more questions.

Perhaps, to prove your point, you could give an example of where you have discredited something you agree with?

hill83

Perhaps, to prove your point, you could give an example of where you have discredited something you agree with?

Is it not better to discredit something based on it's content rather than with accusations of 'vested interests' and 'selling papers?

bigfatronssba

Is it not better to discredit something based on it's content rather than with accusations of 'vested interests' and 'selling papers?

Yes, but I wasn't the one who started the "vested interests" allegations was I?

Nick

Administrator
Interesting that some have a "vested interest" in him?

Again, he was right about the vested interest thing wasn't he?

People seem to know who they are too, for example ML reeled off a few at that meeting we had, a couple of them were who he thought (I didn't tell him or anybody that though and which ones). How do they know? Are they feeding them stuff that they then come and post? Have they openly told somebody?

bigfatronssba

It's in your first post in this thread. So as far as I'm concerned you brought it up.

Great logic.

As I explained though he does have a vested interest.

His job is dependent on local news.

Nick

Administrator
Great logic.

So when he said there are people on here with a vested interest, he is correct because Simon is on here? So the outrage is for nothing?

hill83

Great logic.

It's perfect logic. You mentioned vested interests first in this thread ahead of anything else. So yes you brought it up first.
How is that not logical someone help me out here.

Users who are viewing this thread