Leon Lobjoit tweet (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

If so, someone needs to let the club know: http://www.ccfc.co.uk/team/ (no.32)

Gint11

In relation to a couple of posts re Ronaldo and how hard he works etc, read a book called ' Bounce' written by a Table Tennis World Champion. Its a great read. It basically gives evidence and information on sportsmen like Ronaldo, Messi, Ribery and other sportsmen like Federer etc are not just born with an amazing talent. It actually takes opportunity, hard work, practice, determination and attitude. They have just 'got it'.

Gint11

Back on topic. Just read CET have released a story saying the club are trying to fine Lobjoit a club. This is all rather confusing. It says in said article that MK Dons snapped him up so why is he in our development squad? I remember hearing before he jointed MK so I was suprised when I heard he was with us. Sounds like he may have a bad attitude so I'd get rid of him.

shmmeee

In relation to a couple of posts re Ronaldo and how hard he works etc, read a book called ' Bounce' written by a Table Tennis World Champion. Its a great read. It basically gives evidence and information on sportsmen like Ronaldo, Messi, Ribery and other sportsmen like Federer etc are not just born with an amazing talent. It actually takes opportunity, hard work, practice, determination and attitude. They have just 'got it'.

Read Outliers by Malcom Gladwell. There's a ton of evidence that excellence in ANY field (sports, business, computer programming) is determined by the hours of focussed practice you've put in. Apparently to be world class in anything takes 10,000 hours of practice or roughly 3 hours a day for 10 years. To be world class at 18 or 19 would mean you've been practising (not just playing) your skills every day for over a decade. Real dedication.

The sad fact most don't like is that there's nothing special about the exceptional apart from their willingness to dedicate themselves to their craft.

shmmeee

Back on topic. Just read CET have released a story saying the club are trying to fine Lobjoit a club. This is all rather confusing. It says in said article that MK Dons snapped him up so why is he in our development squad? I remember hearing before he jointed MK so I was suprised when I heard he was with us. Sounds like he may have a bad attitude so I'd get rid of him.

We got him from MK Dons it says "Coventry City development squad player Leon Lobjoit is set to leave the club little more than 12 months after being snatched up from MK Dons"

Gint11

Oh OK, I read it wrong. Your first post above regarding the book is spot on. These people wasnt born with an amazing talent. Yes they had good basic skills and ideas and the urge to play the sport but it takes thousands of hour of practice and opportunity to get there. That is the only difference,

ccfcway

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...ws/leon-lobjoit-leaving-coventry-city-6508722

[h=1]Leon Lobjoit leaving Coventry City after failing to fulfill early promise[/h]15 Jan 2014 09:0818-year-old midfielder was seen as a precocious talent by former Sky Blues boss Mark Robins

Coventry City development squad player Leon Lobjoit is set to leave the club little more than 12 months after being snatched up from MK Dons.
The 18-year-old midfielder was seen as a precocious talent by former Sky Blues boss Mark Robins, who snapped him up on a technicality in November 2012 following an exceptional trial in the Under-21’s 3-2 victory at Leicester City.
Robins said at the time that it was: “one of the best debuts I’ve seen so we took him and signed him straight after the game.”
City’s Academy had been tracking him for two years and he was very much part of the development squad, being included in the Sky Blues’ pre-season tour to Holland and playing in several friendlies in the summer.
However, the teenager has fallen out of favour in recent months and the club are currently helping him to find another club.
The player angered some fans yesterday by tweeting: “ Man Like Leon Clarke Hahaa Too Good For Certain Teams Deffo Needs To Play Higher League #TeamClarkeeeee.”

mds

Young kid easily impressed by an older statesman in the squad, he`s typical of his generation.
Hasnt lived, has no life skills and dosnt know when its best to say nothing, showing off to impress his followers.
He`ll learn, most do eventually!

torchomatic

Remember Roy O'Donovan's missus and her "thanks for paying our mortgage" tweet? No respect.

Yeah it says from MK, not at MK

And it seems SP has told him where to go. Good riddance after seeing his attitude towards CCFC fans today. The cock!

Gint11

Sack him off, we don't need lads in the group with attitudes like that. See you at Sunday league level in a couple of years leon.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread