Leon Clarke (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

Wolves ready to offer him out on loan. Any takers?

SkyBlueScottie

If I was manager and he was serious about coming back, yes. A few noises in the telegraph about wanting to repay the fans and manager etc would see him right. Scoring goals would see him a hero.

Ian1779

Pressley needs to swallow his pride on this one and take him on if he is available.

Surely a 'good' manager will be able to see beyond the past - and if Clarke is apologetic for his actions and wants to come then we can only benefit.

covcity4life

If I was manager and he was serious about coming back, yes. A few noises in the telegraph about wanting to repay the fans and manager etc would see him right. Scoring goals would see him a hero.

agreed

him nouble and madine would be quite the handful for championship defences let alone league 1

chiefdave

I'm not sure on this. Should we take back a play who allegedly refused to play, especially when there's rumours of trouble in the dressing room already.

Of course the flip side is we were a much better side with him playing. Tough call.

torchomatic

Ah, you said it "allegedly". We don't know. However, we DO know that Dublin refused to play and he's still lauded as some kind of Saint. I'd have Clarke back in a heartbeat.

I'm not sure on this. Should we take back a play who allegedly refused to play, especially when there's rumours of trouble in the dressing room already.

Of course the flip side is we were a much better side with him playing. Tough call.

LB87ccfc

Have any of you seen the lazy twat play this season? He's been utterly useless and not interested in any of Wolves games, also does not get into the box anymore or offer his services for the ball, seen him play on Sky a few times this season and every time hes been garbage and often pointing to the player in possession to pass the ball elsewhere.

I know a season ticket holder at Wolves who says like the majority of their fan base hes a waste of space and supposed to be playing for his home town club, so why would he bust a gut for us?.. No thanks.

olderskyblue

Ah, you said it "allegedly". We don't know. However, we DO know that Dublin refused to play and he's still lauded as some kind of Saint. I'd have Clarke back in a heartbeat.

Saint? No, not at all.

One of the best players ever to have played for us? Yes, IMHO

Clarke? I think it would be an easy sell to the fans if he came back. The worry is could he produce what he did before with our current team?

LB87ccfc

Saint? No, not at all.

Clarke? I think it would be an easy sell to the fans if he came back. The worry is could he produce what he did before with our current team?

Last paragraph.. In a nutshell.. No.

torchomatic

I won't open the Dublin debate again. We all have our own opinions on the way he left.

As for Clarke. I agree, could he/would he? They'd only be one way to find out and I, for one, would have him back.

Saint? No, not at all.

Ian1779

Have any of you seen the lazy twat play this season? He's been utterly useless and not interested in any of Wolves games, also does not get into the box anymore or offer his services for the ball, seen him play on Sky a few times this season and every time hes been garbage and often pointing to the player in possession to pass the ball elsewhere.

I know a season ticket holder at Wolves who says like the majority of their fan base hes a waste of space and supposed to be playing for his home town club, so why would he bust a gut for us?.. No thanks.

Well he did when he played for us....

I'm starting to believe that he was sounded out for that move to Wolves because they genuinely saw us as a threat to their promotion at the time. It was a ploy to derail us.

They didn't need him, and barely played him when he went there...

jabharty

I'd have him back, but I'm sure many fans wouldn't be too keen. He'd win us over with a few goals though.

Anyone think he wouldn't come back even if offered? Imagine many L1 clubs are looking at him, and some of them will be much better than us.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Nah...He can fuck off.

Besides....Look at his career stats.....he's only had ONE decent sustained run of form in 11 years of trying....based on that, we'd have to sign him on a 12 year deal & look forward to him banging them in for fun in the Veterans league in 2026....

letsallsingtogether

I won't open the Dublin debate again. We all have our own opinions on the way he left.

As for Clarke. I agree, could he/would he? They'd only be one way to find out and I, for one, would have him back.
Dublin is a c**t. So is Clarke let him kick start his career some where else.
We gave him the chance once and he did a runner.

pusbccfc

I'd have him back and would sing his name, no problem.

ccfc92

Would he get the service to him that he had last season to score goals is the key question IMO.

Smudge1987

Service would be light compared to what we had when he was with us, no Moussa, Baker, Wilson to feed off. But would I have him back? Anything is worth a try with our current run of form.

torchomatic

Wouldn't necessarily disagree on Clarke (and certainly don't on Dublin), but we really need goals from somewhere. It's a moot point anyway as Pressley wouldn't have him back.

Dublin is a c**t. So is Clarke let him kick start his career some where else.
We gave him the chance once and he did a runner.

SkyBlueSid

Clarke did an excellent job for us, but he knew when to jump ship. He was given an offer he couldn't refuse and cannot be blamed for that.

His career has plenty of clubs and he never stays long anywhere. He is a journeyman, but a very decent one. If he goes on loan in January he will be looking for his next permanent move and is likely to set his sights higher than us. There will be a queue of teams looking for goalscorers in January and we will not be at the front of that queue.

duffer

I'd have him back too.

As an aside, a manager that operates a bomb squad policy and is more than happy to cut players out when it suits him, can hardly complain when it occasionally works the other way. Similarly, as fans we expect unswerving loyalty from players right up until the point that we don't like them - then they can be f*cked off without concern.

What Clarke did doesn't really surprise or annoy me any more, it's what the game is nowadays, imho.

Last edited:

shy_tall_knight

Can't afford him irrespective of SP not swallowing his pride to go and get him. As good as he was we create so few chances and our midfield are so far away from our strikers he may not have the same impact like from his first spell.

SkyBlueAbo

I wouldn't bother with Clarke again. I would focus on tying up Gary Madine on a 3 year deal. They are very similar types of players and don't possess enough pace to be paired up front together- so it would be one or the other. What age is Madine, 24? 6 or 7 years younger than Clarke and probably on half his wages

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd have him back too.

As an aside, a manager that operates a bomb squad policy and is more than happy to cut players out when it suits him, can hardly complain when it occasionally works the other way. Similarly, as fans we expect unswerving loyalty from players right up until the point that we don't like them - then they can be f*cked off without concern.

What Clarke did doesn't really surprise or annoy me any more, it's what the game is nowadays, imho.

I was annoyed at the time but thats an excellent point, only have to look at Baker and Adams having there contracts terminated after being key players.

rupert_bear

in my opinion we would be mad to brought him back and he would be mad to come back, we had a good return from him last time, the old saying is lightening never strikes twice in the same place..

Paxman II

The issue would be without Wilson would he be as consistent again? Not sure about this but a loan is a loan and you are not obliged if he comes back and he is rubbish, so I suppose nothing ventured, noting gained. It would at least lift the spirit and add competition to the other strikers we have.

LB87ccfc

Look what happened with McSheffrey when he returned... Clarke would be the same ... old news and not going to happen anyway so stop all wanking over the useless c**t.

Users who are viewing this thread