Leon Clarke (1 Viewer)

ericagradus

Reports in Northampton is that as part of the Toney deal they will have Leon Clarke until Jan. I can't see Clarke being happy to play league 2 football personally!

As for having Leon Clarke back, yes please, but he is more suited to play with a quick player up front and difficult to drop Nouble or Madine on current form

Nonleagueherewecome

I think I'd rather have Madine.

pusbccfc

LB87ccfc

He'll get 20 goals at either of them. Probably 2/3 against us.

Would need to get in the box first, as I said earlier to everyone stop wanking over a player who had it on a plate for us but has got his dream move that has fell flat and has been a useless tosser for the wanky wanderers so why would he do well for us or anyone else.

torchomatic

RoboCCFC90

Don't get me wrong I liked Leon a lot when he don the Sky Blue shirt, but alleged unrest in the changing room and his lack of commitment would be enough for me to tell him no, hence why I believe many League One Club's haven't tried to sign Leon already.

He would bring a Goal threat to our team, but there is no way he would be able to play with both Madine and Nouble and I prefer the potential of that partnership then Clarke..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluefred

No way should he be bought back to CCFC. He has shown his character and it falls way short of a professionals status.

Gazolba

Keep Madine. Put Clarke out of your mind. Clarke would never reproduce the form he had before because our current team is vastly inferior to the team he played in. SP will never have him back anyway

J

Jack Griffin

If they shipped out Baker because of an excessive salary then Clarke is not even going to be discussed by the 2 steves.

Astute

Nope, wouldn't have taken Dublin back the way he went, and Leon's circumstances are pretty much the same

Are you old enough to remember Dublin leaving?

He was at our club for nearly 5 years IIRC. Played in defence as well as up front. Always gave his best. He holds our highest goals scored in the Prem. He was also joint top scorer in one season with Owen and Sutton. Got into the England side. Re-signed for our club when he was a free agent and top clubs were after his services. He would have got a big signing on fee if he would have left then. But once he had signed a new contract he was touted for sale. He didn't want to leave. But once it was made clear that he was going to be sold he chose a club near to Coventry so his family didn't have to move. And yes he refused to play the last cup game. The sale was already sorted and was to be completed the day after the game. But what some people also refuse to consider was that the way he played he was always going to risk a bad injury. One of his bad injuries led him to being sold by Man U to us. Whilst out with a broken leg they signed Cantona. He couldn't get back into the side.

Maybe not the best thing to do by not playing the last game, but if you were him would you have played one last game for someone that wanted you out of the club for the money after you wanted to stay?

And then we have Clarke. He wanted out. Maybe our club did want the money for him but he wasn't touted around all the clubs. Many clubs. Never stays for long. No loyalty. Struggling to find anything in common with either of them other than they both played for us.

And then we come to the normal double standards. Bomb squads are good. Contracts mean nothing if you don't like a player. Do anything to get them out of our club. But if a player refuses to play one last game after being forced to leave our club when he wanted to stay he is a judas.

Last edited:

SkyBlueScottie

I could never understand why Strachan picked Dublin to play in that game, even worse the club fined him, despite the board having already agreed the sale. He got the money back BTW.

H

Huckerby

He was at our club for nearly 5 years IIRC. Played in defence as well as up front. Always gave his best. He holds our highest goals scored in the Prem. He was also joint top scorer in one season with Owen and Sutton. Got into the England side. Re-signed for our club when he was a free agent and top clubs were after his services. He would have got a big signing on fee if he would have left then. But once he had signed a new contract he was touted for sale. He didn't want to leave. But once it was made clear that he was going to be sold he chose a club near to Coventry so his family didn't have to move. And yes he refused to play the last cup game. The sale was already sorted and was to be completed the day after the game. But what some people also refuse to consider was that the way he played he was always going to risk a bad injury. One of his bad injuries led him to being sold by Man U to us. Whilst out with a broken leg they signed Cantona. He couldn't get back into the side.

Maybe not the best thing to do by not playing the last game, but if you were him would you have played one last game for someone that wanted you out of the club for the money after you wanted to stay?

And then we have Clarke. He wanted out. Maybe our club did want the money for him but he wasn't touted around all the clubs. Many clubs. Never stays for long. No loyalty. Struggling to find anything in common with either of them other than they both played for us.

And then we come to the normal double standards. Bomb squads are good. Contracts mean nothing if you don't like a player. Do anything to get them out of our club. But if a player refuses to play one last game after being forced to leave our club when he wanted to stay he is a judas.
Absolutely spot on mate

LB87ccfc

Dublin did not have to choose Villa though did he? He also came and tapped his mate Boateng up and forced the player to move from us putting us deeper in the shit.

fernandopartridge

Dublin was a great player and served the club well. The way he went about leaving tarnished his time here.

As for Clarke. No, we don't need him. We need a big strong midfielder and some pace.

Astute

Dublin did not have to choose Villa though did he? He also came and tapped his mate Boateng up and forced the player to move from us putting us deeper in the shit.

There were not many clubs nearby that were good enough for him and could afford to pay for him. He had his family settled in. Yes it hurt him going to Villa. But do you remember who it was that wanted to cash in on him?

And it was all up to Dublin that Boateng also joined Villa? I supposed he told Villa to put an offer in for him and our club to sell him to Villa :(

LB87ccfc

There were not many clubs nearby that were good enough for him and could afford to pay for him. He had his family settled in. Yes it hurt him going to Villa. But do you remember who it was that wanted to cash in on him?

And it was all up to Dublin that Boateng also joined Villa? I supposed he told Villa to put an offer in for him and our club to sell him to Villa :(

It was fact that Dublin tapped Boateng up, even the wee fella Strachan who loved Dublin fell out with him over the manner he left and tapped Boateng up.

Funny how Dublin refers to his best times in football as been at Villa and Norwich.. sorry if he was your hero.

Malaka

It was fact that Dublin tapped Boateng up, even the wee fella Strachan who loved Dublin fell out with him over the manner he left and tapped Boateng up.

Funny how Dublin refers to his best times in football as been at Villa and Norwich.. sorry if he was your hero.

Totally disagree

Dion is the best player we have had in years, Keane would have been better if we could have held on to him. I have no problem with Dion or Boateng joining the Villa, they need to do what is best for them. As for joining Norwich, if there wasn't vile and venom towards him, maybe we could have resigned him?We don't complain about shipping out shit players but we do when quality wants to better themselves, it is a two way thing. Maybe you should extend your hatred to Dennis Mortimer and George Curtis as well? Both played for the Villa, Mortimer won a league title and a European Cup with Villa, Curtis helped Villa get promotion. Didn't Curtis have something to do with us winning the FA cup? maybe we should have told him to fuck off and never darken our doors again.

LB87ccfc

Totally disagree

Dion is the best player we have had in years, Keane would have been better if we could have held on to him. I have no problem with Dion or Boateng joining the Villa, they need to do what is best for them. As for joining Norwich, if there wasn't vile and venom towards him, maybe we could have resigned him?We don't complain about shipping out shit players but we do when quality wants to better themselves, it is a two way thing. Maybe you should extend your hatred to Dennis Mortimer and George Curtis as well? Both played for the Villa, Mortimer won a league title and a European Cup with Villa, Curtis helped Villa get promotion. Didn't Curtis have something to do with us winning the FA cup? maybe we should have told him to fuck off and never darken our doors again.

Oh sorry for pissing on your chips this morning, I am fully aware of the facts but hey Dublin was your hero, everyone needs a hero to look up too. Dublin did the shit on us and stabbed us in the back, sorry but no legend in my eyes.

However bigger things to debate than someone who left the club years ago. Move on.

Wheelfass

FFS as much as we need a striker with an eye for goal Leon Clarke told our management for weeks before he moved that he was injured and wasn't fit to play. This was organised between himself and his agent to get him a money move to his home town club the old enemy Wolves. Having him back here would be a bit
like inviting your ex adulterous ex wife round for Christmas dinner just because you thought she could score for you!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread