leon clarke? is he up for the fight? (2 Viewers)

Grendel

SBTs current most hated: Clarke, Clarke, Christie, Cameron. Coincidence??

Meanwhile honkeys Sheff Baker and Elliot get off Scott free.

I hardly think McSheffrey gets off scott free....

Mucca Mad Boys

Surprised no one has mentioned Elliott in a thread like this, definitely 1 of our worse players, can't believe he is keeping 1 talented midfielder out of the team, another game, no goal... Oh wait, he does run around, he must be better than Leon? :facepalm:

Cue response siting an 'anti-Elliott' agenda, no, I think he's a decent impact sub, but he isn't worth playing AHEAD of Clarke, Moussa, Fleck*, Sheff, Baker, Thomas, Bailey, Jennings etc.

*who looked good when he came on.

Mucca Mad Boys

Baker gets quite a lot of stick from the stands, McSheffrey gets it good on here, although many fans were bemoaning his performance last night, including me, and Elliott, he runs around all day, but, he doesn't actually do anything, one goal since Oldham (only missing PNE along the way) and 1 assist, whilst Clarke has scored (probably) 5 in the same amount of time? Yesterday, Clarke would win the aerial challenge and Elliott, would give it away.

Christie wasn't great yesterday and I think Clarke should start on Saturday, Cameron was solid, I think he was instructed to hoof it by Carsley, same with Wood, Dickinson and just about everyone who played, we looked like a Hoofroyd side yesterday (ok, a bit far), we were 3-0 down but we went about the chase the wrong way IMO. Clarke was good when he came on tbf.

Clarke has stepped up to be one of our best players of late, fair play to him!

ryb1983ccfc

Ok i stand corrected! Clarkes shot accuracy is higher than i thought maybe i was to hasty lol please accept my unreserved apologies! But hey at least i didn't phone up a radio station and complain bout our club not winning last night......lol

giveusagoal

Personally think Leon Clarke needs to train an hour extra on shooting every day

I dont have an issue with him as such. He is just a different kind of forward to Mcgoldrick who he keeps getting compared to.

Clarkes strike ratio must surely be up their with some of the other forwards we have had over the last few seasons - look at Juke - people moaned when he went but would you call him a prolific goalscorer?

He is good at what he does - he holds the ball up well, and cores the occasional goal - he needs another striker to work alongside him.

I don't hear anyone asking the same questions about Elliots strike rate.

giveusagoal

Typical - as i am writing a response others have already jumped in lol.

Note to self - read whole thread first - and dont phone CWR with your comments.

covcity4life

I dont have an issue with him as such. He is just a different kind of forward to Mcgoldrick who he keeps getting compared to.

Clarkes strike ratio must surely be up their with some of the other forwards we have had over the last few seasons - look at Juke - people moaned when he went but would you call him a prolific goalscorer?

He is good at what he does - he holds the ball up well, and cores the occasional goal - he needs another striker to work alongside him.

I don't hear anyone asking the same questions about Elliots strike rate.

occasional goal???????? he has 7 for cov already!

stupot07

Surprised no one has mentioned Elliott in a thread like this, definitely 1 of our worse players, can't believe he is keeping 1 talented midfielder out of the team, another game, no goal... Oh wait, he does run around, he must be better than Leon? :facepalm:

Cue response siting an 'anti-Elliott' agenda, no, I think he's a decent impact sub, but he isn't worth playing AHEAD of Clarke, Moussa, Fleck*, Sheff, Baker, Thomas, Bailey, Jennings etc.

*who looked good when he came on.

Nah - David Bells injured.... ;) :D

andyboy81

I find him really frustrating to watch at times. He makes the wrong choice so many times and decides to try and take an extra touch. The amount of times when he gets in great positions and doesn't hit it 1st time! Maybe could say he lacks a killer instinct! Looking at the highlights last night he could have scored at least another 1 or 2!

There was a game earlier in the season (think it may have been Oldham) when he made a challenge and the ball rickashaded into the air. He was in such a good position to hit it 1st time but decided to take another touch and lost the ball.

I wish he just had a bit more belief in his own ability. He has shown he can score goals (the header last night was class!) and I think he would have another 9 or 10 goals come the end of the season and that could be the difference between the playoffs or not.

covcity4life

seen highlights...dont think there were any horrific misses at all and he took his goal well, helped force the own goal to boot

this guy should be a talisman for us,why are we getting threads like this!

pw362

<p>
That is kind of my point - like i siad I dont have a problem with him - hits just his strike rate is not as good as mcgoldricks who he keeps getting compared to - unfairly in my opinion.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
McG 5.23 shots per goal. Leon Clarke 3.85 shots per goal.

Speng

Im assuming with this wank topic you didnt go to last night's game!!

Personally i thought Clarke had a good game last night but was let down big time by the players around him.

He won 90% of the headers and tackles and never delivered a sh1t pass once. When winning all yours header and tackles you expect as the leading striker to be surrounded and backed up by your striking partner and midfielders but tonight they went missing when Leon had his game face on. People have to stop comparing Leon with DMc and realise he plays a different game altogether.
Bang on mate , he was are best player by miles last night. He looks a lot sharper since that tw£t left for Huddersfield ,

Sba180

Some folk just will never accept black players. I'll get shot down for this but I'm afraid you all know it's true.

Stern John
Dele Adebola
Leon Best

stern and Leon - 2 players who could have been legends down here with shed loads of ability but never used it. loved adebola. head like a 50p but thought he always put a shift in

dongonzalos

stern and Leon - 2 players who could have been legends down here with shed loads of ability but never used it. loved adebola. head like a 50p but thought he always put a shift in

Cyril Regis
Dave Bennett
Peter Ndlove
Dixon Dublin
Phill Babb

Hopefully ends that suggestion

dongonzalos

Cyril Regis
Dave Bennett
Peter Ndlove
Dion Dublin
Phill Babb
Lloyd McGrath

Hopefully ends that suggestion

Leon has followed DMC, very hard act to follow.

Even those who don't rate him accept as long as he scores they can't complain too much

Last edited:
I thought the question was is he up for the fight? I think he is.

What has him being up for the fight got to do with his finishing? Yes he misses far too many, but as one of his biggest critics initially he has improved every game I have seen him since and is scoring goals.

We are desperate for back up though for him and Elliott, ideally someone better.

harvey098

Actually riled by this comment. What has colour got to do with anything? If someone is good at football they are liked by the fans, if someone is bad at football then they are disliked. Simple as.

Go and stir it up somewhere else. c**t.

Grendel

Actually riled by this comment. What has colour got to do with anything? If someone is good at football they are liked by the fans, if someone is bad at football then they are disliked. Simple as.

Go and stir it up somewhere else. c-unit.

If someone is the best goal scorer in the league they are still disliked by some of our fans.

Mucca Mad Boys

Go and stir it up somewhere else. c-unit.

I think he was joking, 'honkey' is never used seriously, in my experiences anyway.

People do unfairly criticise Clarke, for example, this thread, but he has got 5 in 8 since joining, whereas Elliott has got less in over double the games, yet people rant and rave about Elliott as if it were the other way round, lets face it, Elliott isn't good enough to start.

Mucca Mad Boys

I find Clarke incredibly frustrating to watch. Does that make me a racist?

Do you find it frustrating to watch Elliott, seeing as he doesn't score? :whistle:

Clarke was our best player on Wednesday, even without his goal, and although he isn't the most dynamic of players, he does his primary job VERY well, has a fantastic goals:game ratio this season which can't be argued with.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Agree SB_T Leon was our outstanding player on Wednesday...I think many peoples frustrations with Leon are that sometimes he looks like his application might not be all that it should, this is a function of his mannerism.. Chris Waddle(before your time) used to be accused of the same- but boy could he play.

His goal ratio is second to none at this level. Leon Clarke is a good striker in this league and I for one am glad he plays for us rather than against us.

Mucca Mad Boys

Agree SB_T Leon was our outstanding player on Wednesday...I think many peoples frustrations with Leon are that sometimes he looks like his application might not be all that it should, this is a function of his mannerism.. Chris Waddle(before your time) used to be accused of the same- but boy could he play.

His goal ratio is second to none at this level. Leon Clarke is a good striker in this league and I for one am glad he plays for us rather than against us.

Remember when he did play against us? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread