leon clarke? is he up for the fight? (1 Viewer)

ryb1983ccfc

Personally think Leon Clarke needs to train an hour extra on shooting every day

Otis

Yes, that way he'd be right up there with the leading scorers in this division wouldn't he!

Ccfc1979

Yes, he must be lazy like Best, Stern John and Bothroyd. If only he could run round aimlessly like Morrell...then he'd be one of the league's top scorers.

ryb1983ccfc

Ha ha good answers there . Otis all I am saying is that his ratio is shocking! And 1979 I don't even understand what you are trying to say so I am just going to move on! Allthough I do appreciate he has scored seven so far I do think David bell could hit the target more given those chances

mattylad

Yes, he must be lazy like Best, Stern John and Bothroyd. If only he could run round aimlessly like Morrell...then he'd be one of the league's top scorers.
so true! sometimes I just despair at the ignorance of our fan's... better still rather than extra training lets boo and shout at him and wreck the confidence of a consistent goal scorer

mattylad

Ha ha good answers there . Otis all I am saying is that his ratio is shocking! And 1979 I don't even understand what you are trying to say so I am just going to move on! Allthough I do appreciate he has scored seven so far I do think David bell could hit the target more given those chances

If he scored more goals than he does he wouldn't be at Coventry! if you want to see that sort of finishing go and support Man Poo

philmcc

His ratio is shocking? Really?! Can't really see why LC is getting stick from some people...he is a league one striker who to be fair is proving to be pretty consistent at this level...put in a man of the match performance last night, don't know what more he can do, not many strikers put every chance they get away and if they did they wouldn't be playing in league one for very long.

par1sons

Im assuming with this wank topic you didnt go to last night's game!!

Personally i thought Clarke had a good game last night but was let down big time by the players around him.

He won 90% of the headers and tackles and never delivered a sh1t pass once. When winning all yours header and tackles you expect as the leading striker to be surrounded and backed up by your striking partner and midfielders but tonight they went missing when Leon had his game face on. People have to stop comparing Leon with DMc and realise he plays a different game altogether.

par1sons

His ratio is shocking? Really?! Can't really see why LC is getting stick from some people...he is a league one striker who to be fair is proving to be pretty consistent at this level...put in a man of the match performance last night, don't know what more he can do, not many strikers put every chance they get away and if they did they wouldn't be playing in league one for very long.

Great reply

Otis

His ratio is shocking.

It's only 1 goal every 2 games and that is simply not good enough.

Unless he scores a hat trick on Saturday I am going to boo him until the cows come home!

WestEndAgro

Stupid OP, Clarke was pretty much the only bright spark last night, other than Jordan's cameo at the end.
Jordan for centre back anyone ?

covcity4life

good strikers get in positions

look at andy cole..not best conversion rate but one of the greatest strikers in premier league history

thats kinda what leon is like so lets accept it, the guy has 7 goals since january!!!!!!!!!!!!! be happy,hes doing his job,should be a talisman

Grendel

Has Clark scored 5 in 8 starts for us and 16 in the league this season in around 24 league games.

Over a season that is 30 goals. Yet he need to improve his ratio. What double it? 60 goals is that enough? Probably not.

Had someone called Ian on Cwr saying how useless he was and at Sheffield he looked the poorest player on the pitch the fact he scored 2 goals doesn't matter.

Problem is he is doesn't try does he? He won't chase the pass back to the goalie that he will never reach, he won't pull those snarling faces, he has not got passion doesn't have sky blue blood.

The same happened to best, John and even to an extent Huckerby certainly where I sat.

These supporters want a trier like Elliot.

It's nonsense of course as Clarke is scoring goals for fun whereas for Elliot he marks one day a month for that occasion.

It will always for a problem for him as effort over skill and ability wins every time for a lot of Coventry fans even if its wasted effort.

edgy

Some folk just will never accept black players. I'll get shot down for this but I'm afraid you all know it's true.

Stern John
Dele Adebola
Leon Best

Otis

Well it's a well known fact that black players are lazy, can't play well during the Winter months and don't eat crisps.

hutch1972

He scores goals ffs, leave the bloke alone. I can't remember anyone complaining about Mick Quinn or Ian Wallace, neither of whom were total athletes.
Leons job is to put the ball in the onion bag and if he continues that i couldn't give a shit.

hill83

Feels like gmk in here!

I'm not going to say if it's the fact he is black or not, you could say there is a running theme. I won't be saying it though.

hutch1972

Some folk just will never accept black players. I'll get shot down for this but I'm afraid you all know it's true.

Stern John
Dele Adebola
Leon Best

Bollocks, Kevin Kyle wasn't black. Are you saying city fans are all racists ? This is CCFC not Lazio

stupot07

Clarke scores goals but unlike McGoldrick doesn't really create space for others which is why we're looking less threatening in front of goal. That's not Clarkes fault but management/coaching need to come up with a plan to get more men in the box and get others contributing goals.

We've gone from relying on Mcgoldrick and Baker to relying Clarke and baker.

covcity4life

well the can of worms has been opened!

the aura i get from MINORITY of crowd is

black player messes up=donkey,clueless

white player messes up=lazy,underperforming

Sub

after all the slating on here Leon Clarke will probably the top score in the division come the end of the season and people will still say he is shit !! unbelievable :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

covcity4life

Clarke scores goals but unlike McGoldrick doesn't really create space for others which is why we're looking less threatening in front of goal. That's not Clarkes fault but management/coaching need to come up with a plan to get more men in the box and get others contributing goals.

We've gone from relying on Mcgoldrick and Baker to relying Clarke and baker.

he does make space...just in a different way

i said in a previous thread that last min preston equaliser and both oldham goals were down to clarke causing havoc in box even if he didnt actually touch ball

skybluesam66

now if you are talking poor performances - look at 2 white players - Baker and mcsheffrey - terrible last night

baker nad a purple spell a few weeks ago, but i am getting to the stage where i would like to see a fit bell given a chance in his place
and that is getting desperate

Mr B

Point is he still scores, doesn't matter how many chances he get's as long as he puts some away!

Seriously he is a good player or would you prefer us re-signing Kevin Kyle or Roy O'Donovan, there is no pleaseing some whingers.

Taga

Clarke put a shift in last night. Worked tirelessly in closing down and still managed to occupy the Crewe gorilla's at the back (winning a fair share of our long balls).

Sterling Archer

This is horsesh*t, as I pointed out in another thread his strike rate at this level this season has been excellent.

Those questioning his work rate are insane, I actually think he works his nuts off. He chases alot more than the excellent McGoldrick did in fairness.

Do we really want to hark back to strikers who don't score, have a terrible first touch but because they run around like a headless chicken sprinting after balls which are obviously going out for a goal kick thus knackering themselves after 60 minutes and are generally sh*t just because they "work hard" in some of our moronic fans eyes? Do some of you people even watch the games?

Last night was tough for Leon, we kept launching at his head whilst Baker and McShef had off days and weren't near him and Elliott was all over the place.

Seriously, out of all the people, why single out Clarke?

As for his finishing, Andy Cole used to miss 3 out of every 4 chances but had an incredible goals per game ratio. My point being, Leon Clarke may miss the odd opportunity that he SHOULD score but he gets in the right positions enough to compensate that and now has 7 in 11 for us.

We're in L1, we're not going to get a striker who converts every chance he gets, otherwise (like McGoldrick, Rhodes, Le Fondre etc) they go on to play at a higher level.

Look at all the losers we've had up front since relegation from the Prem apart from King and McGoldrick, we would've killed for a striker with a ratio the same as Leon's throughout those years.

Otis

Yep. I recall DMC missing quite a few one on ones and goalscoring opportunities.

rupert_bear

Not read all the thread can't be arsed but Leon Clarke has fitted exactly into McGoldric' s boots scoring goals, what more do you want ffs. How many has he got for us now and crucial ones, worked tirelessly last night and came up with a priceless goal at the death, bound to miss a few, so does Van Persie

shmmeee

SBTs current most hated: Clarke, Clarke, Christie, Cameron. Coincidence??

Meanwhile honkeys Sheff Baker and Elliot get off Scott free.

Users who are viewing this thread