Leo love in (3 Viewers)

Magwitch1

I don’t know exactly how it works these one year extensions, I know some players leave their parent clubs and the club retain a percentage of any future sale could be an option but down to the old question of budget etc. and what could be a very different summer movement of players due to the pandemic. But we have to pay whatever going rate will be, we have sold nearly 8000 STs and hopefully more once an increase is allowed, financial income through gates, advertising will increase i believe tv money is going up if sisu can’t/won’t increase MRs budget, sell us.

Last edited:

Garryb80

I don’t know exactly how it works these one year extensions, I know some players leave their parent prem clubs and the prem club retain a percentage of any future sale could be an option down to the old question of budget etc. and what could be a very different summer movement of players due to the pandemic. But we have to pay whatever going rate will be, we have sold nearly 8000 STs and hopefully more once an increase is allowed, financial income through gates, advertising will increase i believe tv money is going up an if sisu can’t/won’t increase MRs budget, sell us.
Most work in the clubs favour. If the club choose to extend the contract by the duration of the option the player has no choice

cov donkey kick

Interesting now being reported on Sussex news sites that Leo is sending the sites information about leaving Brighton owing to the number of CHs in front of him at Brighton and there view is cov are in position to sign him.

PVA

Interesting now being reported on Sussex news sites that Leo is sending the sites information about leaving Brighton owing to the number of CHs in front of him at Brighton and there view is cov are in position to sign him.

He's not sending them information, it's just from an interview he did in The Athletic.

Magwitch1

I think Osti himself knows he is not ready or likely to be a regular choice in the Brighton 25 man squad and realises to get there eventually he needs first team football and the championship is as good it will get for now, we have to stay up of course, confident we will which must surely put us in poll position to sign him up.

Liquid Gold

Osti is a no downside signing. He’s young, can already do it at this level and only going to improve, hopefully with us but if the worst happens and we went down we’d get bug money for him.

On his side he’d be getting guaranteed game time in a very good division at a club that had a record of allowing players to move on if they get the opportunity.

shmmeee

Think people are putting two And two together and getting five. His comment on the video apparently was about hoping fans are allowed in this season, and he’s spoken last year about maybe having to leave Brighton. We aren’t going to get him.

D

Deleted member 4439

What he actually said was "I hope I can play in front of you one day", and if you watch the vid then no way can you interpret it as anything other than the fact he was talking about next season. I realise I course that it's all about positioning (for a starting role at Brighton or a well-paid role at CCFC), but there's no doubt that he was referring to next season.

Either way, it was indeed a wery big night for us.

woooooah!

shmmeee

What he actually said was "I hope I can play in front of you one day", and if you watch the vid then no way can you interpret it as anything other than the fact he was talking about next season. I realise I course that it's all about positioning (for a starting role at Brighton or a well-paid role at CCFC), but there's no doubt that he was referring to next season.

Either way, it was indeed a wery big night for us.

woooooah!

I know we like to think we can glean more from an interview then the people who do the interview, but the CT is pretty clear he’s referring to this season.

I’m not believing until it’s on the offal. Not having another Liam Walsh. I won’t be hurt again.

chiefdave

I know we like to think we can glean more from an interview then the people who do the interview, but the CT is pretty clear he’s referring to this season.
The CT article is based entirely on the twitter post, they have no more information than we do. Its entirety their interpretation that he's referring to this season. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but given there's 22 days until our last home game and absolutely nothing to even hint that fans will be in attendance it seems an odd conclusion to draw.

shmmeee

The CT article is based entirely on the twitter post, they have no more information than we do. Its entirety their interpretation that he's referring to this season. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but given there's 22 days until our last home game and absolutely nothing to even hint that fans will be in attendance it seems an odd conclusion to draw.

How do you know that? It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that the CCFC reporter at the local paper has spoken to someone at CCFC.

Of course it could be that’s the story he’s been given because it’s poor form to have another teams Player saying that.

Still not believing.

SBAndy

Of course it could be that’s the story he’s been given because it’s poor form to have another teams Player saying that.

I think it’s this. I’m sure Ostigard would be willing to consider a move here but ultimately it’s not his choice. Besides, if we’re not careful we’ll never be able to loan another player because we just steal them at the end of their contract!

Frostie

Loving all the optimism but the one thing most seem to be overlooking is that Brighton will simply trigger the option in his contract & demand a fee to sell him. That will likely interest bigger, richer clubs & price us out of the running.

Users who are viewing this thread