Leicester (4 Viewers)

chiefdave

John Moss is out of his depth and I very much doubt he will be a Premier league ref next season.

Just had a look and it says he has been a PL ref since 2011 and did the FA Cup final last year so they can't think he's doing that bad of a job. Given that its a Leicester v West Ham game and not Man Utd, Chelsea etc it will probably be ignored.

lifeskyblue

I think it's an impossible job to ref under the spotlight of the cameras. They can pick up everything in slow mo, can replay again and again, and can view from a variety of angles. Refs v rarely cheat but players con (like vardy tried to), cheat and intimidate refs. They make mistakes but they are honest mistakes. Like others I think the laws and attitudes of the big leagues need to change and big punishments handed out to players and clubs (suspensions and points deductions) in order to get back to a more honest game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

hope spurs win tonight and put real pressure on leicester next 2 games.

thing is i can see leicester dropping 6 pts before end of season but spurs would still need maximum pts to take advantage

not likely

Covstu

I'm also a ref and I thought he was abysmal. No consistency what so ever. Yes Vardy dived but the first one was never a booking, Huth gave a blatant pen away first half, the Carroll pen never was, he gave a pen against Morgan but then didn't give one for Huth 5 min later. If your going to give one for holding in the box then you have to give all of them. I'm a level 4 and also an assessor and will never get to be a Premier league ref, but John Moss is out of his depth and I very much doubt he will be a Premier league ref next season. To many poor games.

Agreed, piss poor in my opinion, way too inconsistent and never controlled the game from the get go. I heard on Talksport that our top refs are all in Europe for fitness tests for the euros so he is likely to get another premier league game next week!

rupert_bear

He looked to me like a bloke at a parks match who took the whistle because there was no official ref. his positioning was all over the place. He gave the West Ham pen when at pitch level there were loads of bodies between him and the incident yet the one were Huth was hauled down by the throat he had as clear a view possible. Just looked way out of his depth yet he done a cup final the other year. The referee higher archy must have been squirming at his performance.

Terry Gibson's perm

Agreed, piss poor in my opinion, way too inconsistent and never controlled the game from the get go. I heard on Talksport that our top refs are all in Europe for fitness tests for the euros so he is likely to get another premier league game next week!

Total madness

chiefdave

This is going to the final day I suspect. Leicester in 1st on 73 with a +26 goal difference, Spurs on 68 with +39.

Remaining fixtures for Leicester:
Swansea (H)
Man Utd (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)
and of course Vardy has a one match suspension likely to be extended to two matches.

Spurs have:
West Brom (H)
Chelsea (A)
Southampton (H)
Newcastle (A)

Can see Spurs winning their last four which would mean Leicester need 2 wins and 2 draws.

Johnnythespider

This is going to the final day I suspect. Leicester in 1st on 73 with a +26 goal difference, Spurs on 68 with +39.

Remaining fixtures for Leicester:
Swansea (H)
Man Utd (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)
and of course Vardy has a one match suspension likely to be extended to two matches.

Spurs have:
West Brom (H)
Chelsea (A)
Southampton (H)
Newcastle (A)

Can see Spurs winning their last four which would mean Leicester need 2 wins and 2 draws.
Hardest game for spurs I think will be Newcastle away, they will be fighting for their lives. I think they have to win all 4 and even then it could be down to goal difference.

no_loyalty

I really hope Spurs win the title, if Leicester win it I will really feel for the Sky Blue side of Hinckley

Terry Gibson's perm

5pts now. i can see leicester dropping 4 or 6 pts but can spurs get maximum pts themselves? tough ask

If they play like that did last night for the rest of the season they will win every game, the pressure is all on Leicester as they have it to throw away.

covcity4life

local derby vs chelsea worries me though

for leicester its next 3 that ar ehuge

swansea -they should win. but no vardy and swansea team without fear could be potential slip up
everton -always dangerous at home
man utd-if still fighting for top 4 this will be biggest chance of dropped pts
chelsea-iamgine they will roll over and die to stop spurs winning title. they prob wont be able to match leicester desperation either if it goes to last game of season

Godiva

Leicester have played a total of 39 matches this season.
Manchester City and Manchester United have both played 52 matches.
Tottenham and Arsenal have played 49 matches.

That's a huge difference, lowering the risk of player fatigue and injuries.

9 players have played in 32 or more of their 34 league matches.
Stability is a major key to their success.

rupert_bear

Tottenham must win three games don't think 2 wins and 2 draws will be good enough to be honest, worst team they could face is Chelsea away and them there is Newcastle away who might need a result to stay up, still in Leicester's hands for me

CCFC88

local derby vs chelsea worries me though

for leicester its next 3 that ar ehuge

swansea -they should win. but no vardy and swansea team without fear could be potential slip up
everton -always dangerous at home
man utd-if still fighting for top 4 this will be biggest chance of dropped pts
chelsea-iamgine they will roll over and die to stop spurs winning title. they prob wont be able to match leicester desperation either if it goes to last game of season

Everton are not dangerous at home, picked up 17 points at home all season, only one team has less, no need to tell you who.

"Everton and Roberto Martinez suffer more Goodison Park woe"

LB87ccfc

Do we need to move this thread to the Leicester forum, who gives a flying shit if they win it or not, do you think their would be a thread on their forum if it was us? No.

CCFC88

Do we need to move this thread to the Leicester forum, who gives a flying shit if they win it or not, do you think their would be a thread on their forum if it was us? No.

Probably would be. I'd guess there is a "Leicester winning the PL" thread on most clubs forums as it would be the biggest upset in the history of the competition. Should proabably be in the Football/other sport area though

Terry Gibson's perm

Probably would be. I'd guess there is a "Leicester winning the PL" thread on most clubs forums as it would be the biggest upset in the history of the competition. Should proabably be in the Football/other sport area though

be even bigger if they blow it after it being totally in their hands

LB87ccfc

They certainly would not be chatting about it like on here, some posters do worry me, and agreed, it should be in the football/other sport section for discussion as its not related to us.

Biggest upset maybe, still had over £100m pumped into them though, and cheated FFP rules not for the first time in the championship enroute to the PL.

They will win it this season and then dissapear as the two decent players will leave in the summer.

In my opinion though, this is the worst PL in 20 years the lack of quality and technical ability is embarrassing at times, Leicester are not entertaining one bit, just effective.

covcity4life

Everton are not dangerous at home, picked up 17 points at home all season, only one team has less, no need to tell you who.

"Everton and Roberto Martinez suffer more Goodison Park woe"

sorry i wrote it v confusingly. its Home for leicester. and everton are good away

CCFC88

They certainly would not be chatting about it like on here, some posters do worry me, and agreed, it should be in the football/other sport section for discussion as its not related to us.

Biggest upset maybe, still had over £100m pumped into them though, and cheated FFP rules not for the first time in the championship enroute to the PL.

They will win it this season and then dissapear as the two decent players will leave in the summer.

In my opinion though, this is the worst PL in 20 years the lack of quality and technical ability is embarrassing at times, Leicester are not entertaining one bit, just effective.

Will be the biggest upset, by an absolute distance. Find me another team anywhere in the world that has won a league after being priced at 5000/1 on the opening day

Otis

Leciester win the league - Villa go down. Every cloud etc.
I just shudder at the thought of Leicester City tops appearing all over the city centre here over the summer.

Be plenty of impressionable young kids adopting them as their team for sure.

Really hope it is Spurs that take the title.

lifeskyblue

I just shudder at the thought of Leicester City tops appearing all over the city centre here over the summer.

Be plenty of impressionable young kids adopting them as their team for sure.

Really hope it is Spurs that take the title.

Has any team before won the top league and been relegated the season after?

Terry Gibson's perm

Has any team before won the top league and been relegated the season after?

They were 180-1 to do it a few weeks ago, they have been on a tremendous run but if they got a few defeats early on next year and with the added stress of the champions league. It will be back to normal at the top next year Chelsea and Man city will make better challenges

I'd like Ranieri to win it and give the 2 finger salute to Abramovich at Chelsea.

But it just shows that you might not have individually better players, but if they gel as a team then that's half the battle - I think Alf Ramsey said something similar about the '66 England Team.

I remember us having team spirit, once upon a time, long ago :(

lifeskyblue

They were 180-1 to do it a few weeks ago, they have been on a tremendous run but if they got a few defeats early on next year and with the added stress of the champions league. It will be back to normal at the top next year Chelsea and Man city will make better challenges

Yes I can see them falling away spectacularly especially if mahrez and vardy leave. As you say Chelsea will do better next season as will man Utd, man city and Liverpool. I can't see Leicester finishing above half way (at best) even if they do well...and I'm sure minds will be on Europe at least first half of season.

Users who are viewing this thread