Leicester (4 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

No, but the Huth appeal should have been given

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Huth gets away with it every time though so a bit of justice, the ref was so bad if he was cheating you wouldn't know which way. I had back the hammers to win today so doubly gutted.

The best bit of the game was when creswell was time wasting at the end and the Leicester fans were going mad do they not watch their own team

covmark

If he gives the one against Morgan he should give them all. Would have been 5 pens apiece. Goes on all the time.
The Carroll one is a shocking decision tbf.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Otis

I didn't think the ref was too bad. The Vardy one he definitely made a meal of and went for the dying swan competition. Rightly a yellow card.

The Morgan one a clear foul and clear pen. Thing is, the ref had warned them, so they can have no excuses. The Huth one should have been a pen, but the Carroll one clearly wasn't.

A couple of wrong decisions there by the ref, but he also got a lot right too.

Terry Gibson's perm

I didn't think the ref was too bad. The Vardy one he definitely made a meal of and went for the dying swan competition. Rightly a yellow card.

The Morgan one a clear foul and clear pen. Thing is, the ref had warned them, so they can have no excuses. The Huth one should have been a pen, but the Carroll one clearly wasn't.

A couple of wrong decisions there by the ref, but he also got a lot right too.

Otis have you been out to dinner with Clive Eakin backing the refs

Otis

I hope Spurs win it. The more I think about it, the more I want Spurs to win. Think they are the better footballing side and besides, I remember when Blackburn won the league all those years back.

The next season there were an awful lot of local kids in the stands wearing Blackburn shirts when we played them.

Transpose that to Leicester fans. Dare say if they win the league we could well lose a lot of the young fans getting into football in this city who may well start to go and support Leicester instead and can you imagine Coventry City centre with loads of kids wearing Leicester tops?

As I say it happened with Blackburn. With many young kids they can have a first and second team, i.e. Man U and City, or Liverpool and City, or Chelsea and City. With Leicester being so close (22 miles away) it could make it so much worse in terms of out getting kids up to the Ricoh.

Love an underdog to do well, but Leicester is just a bit too close to home in many ways and I would love Spurs to do it, as they play football in the right way and are good on the eye too.

fernandopartridge

No. I don't want them to win. They're not self made plucky underdogs. They're part of the rich football elite and it looks like they defrauded FFP to get out of the Championship.

Hobo

No. I don't want them to win. They're not self made plucky underdogs. They're part of the rich football elite and it looks like they defrauded FFP to get out of the Championship.

Yes. But the fans are just Leicester fans like Coventry are Coventry fans. If their owners had taken over Coventry you would not be sat there saying you hope we don't win it. If your feelings are that strong you would have walked away from football. I hope Leicester win it for the fans that have stuck by them and the owners in fairness have treated them well.

Terry Gibson's perm

Yes. But the fans are just Leicester fans like Coventry are Coventry fans. If their owners had taken over Coventry you would not be sat there saying you hope we don't win it. If your feelings are that strong you would have walked away from football. I hope Leicester win it for the fans that have stuck by them and the owners in fairness have treated them well.

but I doubt many of their fans would be wanting us to win it if it was the other way round.

Sick Boy

Completely agree, they cheated their way yet again and spent big to get there. Their forum is ridiculous as well, some of them were claiming today's referee was from London and supports Spurs, when reality he is from up north.

Grendel

Completely agree, they cheated their way yet again and spent big to get there. Their forum is ridiculous as well, some of them were claiming today's referee was from London and supports Spurs, when reality he is from up north.

Bournemouth broke the same rules in getting promoted. If such rules existed at the time so would Southampton.

Today they were unlucky - if the letter of the law was applied vardy was fouled and the west ham player was denying a goal scoring opportunity.

They've lost 3 games all year and 12 months ago were bottom of the league. They are something that's been needed in football for a while.

Terry Gibson's perm

Was this the game where they had to change the ref because the chosen one had been to see Leicester with his mates?

Sick boy how did they cheat ffp I saw something appear on here about it but didn't see the full story

Colin Steins Smile

I hate the fact that Leicester got away with going into administration all those years ago and after that, every other club who has gone into administration since, has suffered the consequences.

From what I remember, they got away with it without any punishment. All debts simply wiped out, nothing owed, no points deduction.

Had we been that first club to go into administration, I think the past 10 years wouldn't have been so bleak.

That's my only gripe about Leicester really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats how I feel about Leicester...they got away with administration without any penalty. However, I remember 1987 when we played a slightly under strength team at their place, pre-cup final and got away with a draw, which almost confirmed their relegation.

stupot07

Was this the game where they had to change the ref because the chosen one had been to see Leicester with his mates?

Sick boy how did they cheat ffp I saw something appear on here about it but didn't see the full story
They lost c£21m in their championship promotion season, the rules stated that allowable losses were £8m that season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...will-they-be-derailed-by-FFP-regulations.html

Terry Gibson's perm

They lost c£21m in their championship promotion season, the rules stated that allowable losses were £8m that season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...will-they-be-derailed-by-FFP-regulations.html

daft rules in my view but they are the rules and we know how strict the football league are with those :thinking about: scary to think of the money the teams are spending in that league and that's before Villa and maybe Newcastle and Blunderland appear.

jas365

Rodders1

I hope Spurs win it. The more I think about it, the more I want Spurs to win. Think they are the better footballing side and besides, I remember when Blackburn won the league all those years back.

The next season there were an awful lot of local kids in the stands wearing Blackburn shirts when we played them.

Transpose that to Leicester fans. Dare say if they win the league we could well lose a lot of the young fans getting into football in this city who may well start to go and support Leicester instead and can you imagine Coventry City centre with loads of kids wearing Leicester tops?

As I say it happened with Blackburn. With many young kids they can have a first and second team, i.e. Man U and City, or Liverpool and City, or Chelsea and City. With Leicester being so close (22 miles away) it could make it so much worse in terms of out getting kids up to the Ricoh.

Love an underdog to do well, but Leicester is just a bit too close to home in many ways and I would love Spurs to do it, as they play football in the right way and are good on the eye too.

I do not not want Leicester to win the league full stop. But I agree that Tottenham feel and look like a true title winning team. Great footballing team. Enjoy watching them. But just can't see Leicester slipping up.

As for local kids, the street I park in for home games at the Ricoh (a mere stones throw away) I have already encountered cheeky kids shouting "Leicester" and me and other fans walking to the game. Makes me gutted for our future.

lifeskyblue

but I doubt many of their fans would be wanting us to win it if it was the other way round.

Probably same as cov fans wanting them to win it. I was there this afternoon and the atmosphere was electric...fully behind team for full 90mins. Like fans everywhere they were biased re the sending off and penalties etc but that's the same for any partisan fans everywhere. I would love to be in a position where the SBA were able to sing about winning the premier league.

D

Deleted member 4439

Whilst I know it would be the same for any set of fans in similar circumstances, after the crowd's reaction for Vardy's dive I was pleased to see West Ham take the lead. Both pens looked soft to me, and Huff was lucky to escape a first half pen, but it seems that the Leicester fans have taken the mantle of Man Utd fans in their ungraciousness.

Grendel

Whilst I know it would be the same for any set of fans in similar circumstances, after the crowd's reaction for Vardy's dive I was pleased to see West Ham take the lead. Both pens looked soft to me, and Huff was lucky to escape a first half pen, but it seems that the Leicester fans have taken the mantle of Man Utd fans in their ungraciousness.

It wasn't a dive there was contact.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Ahh good luck to them, would love to be in their position

skybluegod

Bournemouth broke the same rules in getting promoted. If such rules existed at the time so would Southampton.

Today they were unlucky - if the letter of the law was applied vardy was fouled and the west ham player was denying a goal scoring opportunity.

They've lost 3 games all year and 12 months ago were bottom of the league. They are something that's been needed in football for a while.
As a ref I think he had a good performance. Hardy 100% deserved the 2nd yellow no doubt. Otis is right, he got the Morgan one wrong and Carroll one wrong but it evened out. For the most part he handled it very well.

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Otis

Vardy definitely dived. Clear as day.

Looking at the highlights again now I think there should have been about 5 penalties.

The governing bodies have to do something about this.

Needs a real clampdown and I get the feeling that refs might not just have to award pens, but consider sending players off too. If they just give pens the offending team will indeed feel it will just be evened out at the other end at some point.

It's got to a ridiculous level for sure.

chiefdave

Players are creating their own problem here. If there wasn't so much pushing and shoving in the penalty area and people diving around then they could blame the ref but the way they carry on its no surprise some mistakes are made.

chiefdave

The governing bodies have to do something about this.

To me things like this could be sorted easily. Start at the top, every PL game is televised so can be reviewed.

Have every match reviewed by a different ref and if they see a dive its an automatic suspension.

Same with pushing and shoving, tell the teams at the start of the season to cut it out as they are going to give a penalty every time.

Would also do it with players talking to the ref. Make it so only the captain can talk to the ref (unless the ref speaks to them). Anyone else does it, asks for a player to be carded etc automatic red card.

This is stuff that could be cut out if the authorities got a grip.

rupert_bear

But watching the match on match of the day the referee seemed ignore the most blatant grabs and pushes both ends of the pitch, yet both penalties he gave were pitifully soft, I think Alan Shearer was spot on when he said the ref couldn't handle the pressure.

skybluegod

Pushing and pulling on the box is one of the hardest things to officiate until the rules are sorted. If you give one then you give 10 a match, players won't stop until there is a change in the laws.

skyblue025

As a ref I think he had a good performance. Hardy 100% deserved the 2nd yellow no doubt. Otis is right, he got the Morgan one wrong and Carroll one wrong but it evened out. For the most part he handled it very well.

I'm also a ref and I thought he was abysmal. No consistency what so ever. Yes Vardy dived but the first one was never a booking, Huth gave a blatant pen away first half, the Carroll pen never was, he gave a pen against Morgan but then didn't give one for Huth 5 min later. If your going to give one for holding in the box then you have to give all of them. I'm a level 4 and also an assessor and will never get to be a Premier league ref, but John Moss is out of his depth and I very much doubt he will be a Premier league ref next season. To many poor games.

Users who are viewing this thread