Leicester (5 Viewers)

Gynnsthetonic

My mate ended up hiding in the kitchen mate
Can you see I was just being honest about the bad old days?
That 5-1 I was only 12, seen a lot of it after hiding in a doorway after the game, I remember shop windows going through and Leicester using the milk bottles to launch down the street, my 19 year old brother at the time still reminisces about that day. I was with a mate and dad and his dad's mate, they couldn't wait to get out the place that day

pusbccfc

A Premier League Trophy on view?
A recent FA Cup, unlike yours which was from before pickles the dog. 😜

Erm we don’t need a station as our ground is fairly close to the city centre.

Spot on unfortunately. I used to laugh at Leicester in the 00s when they tried to compare league cups to the FA Cup. Same with Birmingham now. Not even in the same breath.

You surpassed us the moment you won the PL.

MacReady

A Premier League Trophy on view?
A recent FA Cup, unlike yours which was from before pickles the dog. 😜

Erm we don’t need a station as our ground is fairly close to the city centre.
This is EXACTLY what I’m talking about. You come into another teams forum and constantly chat shit and enjoy winding others up. What kind of life is that? It’s the lowest of the low in terms of football fans. Utterly sad. I live in Leicester and have to put up with this you’re all the time.

clint van damme

This is EXACTLY what I’m talking about. You come into another teams forum and constantly chat shit and enjoy winding others up. What kind of life is that? It’s the lowest of the low in terms of football fans. Utterly sad. I live in Leicester and have to put up with this you’re all the time.

Move!

clint van damme

It's walkable though, done it a number of times. They did get that right, building right next to Filbert St. Pity we didn't have that option.

That said, I think our place has matured better. KP leaves me a bit cold.

They're all much of muchness to me.
CBS, King Power, Hull, Reading etc. Functional bowls to watch football in.

pusbccfc

It's walkable though, done it a number of times. They did get that right, building right next to Filbert St. Pity we didn't have that option.

That said, I think our place has matured better. KP leaves me a bit cold.

CBS/Ricoh is a far better arena/stadium than the KP.

There's a reason why folk from Leicester come to Coventry to watch Arctic Monkeys, Harry Styles, Rolling Stones, Spice Girls and Coldplay.

hackneyfox

CBS/Ricoh is a far better arena/stadium than the KP.

There's a reason why folk from Leicester come to Coventry to watch Arctic Monkeys, Harry Styles, Rolling Stones, Spice Girls and Coldplay.
We are hopefully having a huge expansion which will include a new venue and hotel.

hackneyfox

Easy tiger, I ignored whilst you were two divisions below us.

clint van damme

CBS is steeper, has taller stands and better acoustics than all of those.

Because the West Stand has fewer seats than other bowls, the rest of the stadium is bigger than others. Leicester and Southampton both feel smaller than the CBS.

I thought Reading, the day we beat them 3-2 when Maatsen scored the winner was the loudest home support Id heard for many a year apart from our own.
Don't know if the stadium contributed or they were just loud!

hackneyfox

So you have been going to a few Arsenal games since you've moved to London? So what?
You certainly are a well known member.
Unfortunately been to the Arsenal ground on numerous occasions but never seen us win, only time was during Covid.

It’sabatch87

I cannot wait for Saturday, a proper game with a good atmosphere and a bit of needle between us.
C’mon you Skyblues!!
2-1 to us Simms and Wright!!

hackneyfox

Thought your owner had stopped ploughing money in?
Plans have been signed off by the council whether it goes ahead is another thing.
Improved capacity means we’re in a better position with regards to FFP should we go back up and be lucky enough to have another tilt at Europe.

clint van damme

Plans have been signed off by the council whether it goes ahead is another thing.
Improved capacity means we’re in a better position with regards to FFP should we go back up and be lucky enough to have another tilt at Europe.

Think your European days are over for some time barring huge investment on the playing side.
Some very big hitters in the EPL now even outside of the traditional big boys.

CovInEssex

Not here to wind anybody up , just giving my honest response to this messsge
I don’t know whether you were actually around and at any or all the matches in question or or going on what you’ve heard but I’ve been at all but a couple of our meetings since 1976 home and away and hands up I have nearly always been in the right place at the right time to give my honest recollections.
The 70s were the 70s , scarves , too many buttons on your trousers and piss and spit back and forth in The West End.
Agro outside pubs on the way into HR , 77 Cov getting a corner of our Kop as overflow “Save all your bottles etc”
I knew Cov well from 79-81 as I was at building college for 3 years , Winfrey Building , The Butts opposite The Hertford and Hen and Chickens. Early 81 we came over on the X69 and took the Silver Sword early then ran amok .Was tasty afterwards around Pool Meadow, very tasty .
We got relegated so no matches in 82
Some of yours tagged on with us in early 83 , BamBam, Scotty included and they couldn’t believe how many lads we had at the time
Maybe 300 while you had about 50 young dressers. Things got nasty between 83-85
We still had too many numbers but Cov was as I already knew a dangerous place to get caught out.
I was on the pitch in 84
The 5-1 game just before Xmas we were waiting in town but sane as it’s always been you wouldn’t venture into our City Centre.
we made our way to the ground in drubs and drabs and basically Cov did a number on us around Uppertimon/Narborough Road.
a few fat lips and broken noses as early Crimbo presents.
Now anybody who ever tries to make out any different to what I’m going to say about afterwards wasn’t there or is dreaming.
The aforementioned 300 or so BS had all made their way up to the top of Upperton Road by the tame the match finished. As for you lot having it off around the ground and near the canal you migh have, I was up the road with our lot.
we saw you bouncing up Upoerton Road and about 30 of us stop in sight , you were loving it ….. for about 30 seconds until the side strret emptied out in front of you and kicked ( literally)
back down the road, you split up , you legged it.
One of ours had to stand over one of yours to protect him from taking anymore , I think he’d done time with him (Basher I think he was called)
You were ruined
After that not a lot until you came to Leicester and plotted up in The Charny , good mob you had that day.
I was on the Foleshill Road with our lot for that Bellamy Sunday game. Didn’t have a ticket so shot back up the 69 to watch it at home. Glad I did cos I was with those lads that got done in that boozer in Stoke while the game was on.
They said it was hairy.
Since those days who cares?
City Arms, no thanks.
I dud nearly get a crowbar in my head in Exhallin 2006 when I was in the doorway of a boozer “The something Bull “ and a car load of lunatics piled out and went mental !
Respect.

Pretty interesting tbf.

theferret

CBS is steeper, has taller stands and better acoustics than all of those.

Because the West Stand has fewer seats than other bowls, the rest of the stadium is bigger than others. Leicester and Southampton both feel smaller than the CBS.

Yeah, the steeper stands and the fact the roof is elevated make a real difference. Feels a lot bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread