Leicester (7 Viewers)

clint van damme

They are desperate for Forest to be bothered about them "look we've won the league as well naaah, be us rarvals"

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Think that thread on their messageboard says it all, who they see as their main rivals really does depend where abouts in Leicester(shire) you're from but they're not that relevant to Forest or Derby.
Worked over their for 6 or 7 months years ago and I've got to say the relentless craic and piss taking was superb.

CovInEssex

Just read their thread, jesus fucking christ.

Opening parts of our ground we haven't opened for decades 9 days.
Our biggest home game for decades 7 months or so, Birmingham and Middlesborough at the end of last season MILES bigger.
Showing the game in a local cinema bar.

Fucking hell, yes it's a big game and nice to get one over them but most importantly it's also potentially 3 more points towards the play offs.

Last edited:

Travs

Yes, there's the usual mis-information and crap on that forum. However, if we were pissing the league, i expect we'd be quite confident going in to any game, regardless of the opponent.... can't really knock them for being confident.

As to the rivalry, yes its geographical, and also based on age.... i'm no fan of them, but when i was growing up we were often leagues above them (literally), so i struggle to summon up the enthusiasm for the rivalry in the same way i do for Villa.

slowpoke

100%
I was in the West Terrace that day. As I recall, some Leicester fans went into the upper tier of the West Stand (which I think was the family stand, so kudos to their bravery).
They started dishing it out, then Cov fans started coming at them from all over the place and then the Leicester fans from the actual away end started piling onto the pitch to join the Cov fans. Cue mass brawl
Followed by players being taken off the pitch, Bobby Gould coming on the pitch to tell everyone off like an angry deputy head - but with a faulty loudspeaker that made him sound like Norman Collier.
Believe me those Leicester in the West End got serious grief in the bar area it was like Custers last stand.
The ones in the away end were held back for ages with three police horses backed onto them and the horses arses right in their faces giving the Cov mob time to organise welcome parties all over Hillfields.

CovInEssex

"Can i see your homework I won't copy I promise"

The homework -

Just read through the post on their forum. Jesus Christ.

“Biggest home game for 10 years” - of course apart from the playoff semi seven months ago. And every game from then until now.

“Parts of the stadium being opened that have never been before” - of course apart from our last two league games.

Pathetic club with pathetic fans and I very much look forward to their shite away end being thoroughly outsung all game regardless of the result.

Martin180

Weird lot aren’t they ? We are supposed to be bothered by them yet they went to all the effort in the opening game with their state of the art banners .
Now they are getting their knickers in a bunch again , clowns 🤡

Gynnsthetonic

Believe me those Leicester in the West End got serious grief in the bar area it was like Custers last stand.
The ones in the away end were held back for ages with three police horses backed onto them and the horses arses right in their faces giving the Cov mob time to organise welcome parties all over Hillfields.
A few times at Filbert St too. Think it was a 1-1 early 80s some fighting on the pitch, the 5-1 defeat in 84 was carnage, Leicester BS got well and truly put in there place, I witnessed it all before and after, City rounding up the pubs and clubs going over in vans and cars, proper mob that day

CovInEssex

There's this weird thing in the UK about fans trying to out "not bothered about them" each other. I see it between Rangers/Celtic, Sheffield clubs, etc.

Fuck that, hope the KP burns down.

Covcraig@bury

A few times at Filbert St too. Think it was a 1-1 early 80s some fighting on the pitch, the 5-1 defeat in 84 was carnage, Leicester BS got well and truly put in there place, I witnessed it all before and after, City rounding up the pubs and clubs going over in vans and cars, proper mob that day
I remember the Baby Squad getting a right battering between some terraced houses that we walked down the backs to get into Filbert street . They thought they had ambushed us until a coach pulled up at the other end of the walk through . Carnage . The pub across from Tigers also got turned over . I also remember some Leicester fans jumping into the canal so they wouldn’t get a kick in .
I love reminiscing . Now a lad from work ( inbred ) recons Fester are going to flash mob Dhillons as there’s nowhere else to Drink .

pusbccfc

They are desperate for Forest to be bothered about them "look we've won the league as well naaah, be us rarvals"

Yep. Reading that forum is laughable.

Forest and Derby hate each other way more than Leicester. Both historically bigger clubs than Leicester.

Gynnsthetonic

I remember the Baby Squad getting a right battering between some terraced houses that we walked down the backs to get into Filbert street . They thought they had ambushed us until a coach pulled up at the other end of the walk through . Carnage . The pub across from Tigers also got turned over . I also remember some Leicester fans jumping into the canal so they wouldn’t get a kick in .
I love reminiscing . Now a lad from work ( inbred ) recons Fester are going to flash mob Dhillons as there’s now, makes here else to Drink .
Flash mob Dhillons😃 makes me laugh, there must be 15 odd drinking establishments within a 15 minute walk to the ground

Gynnsthetonic

I love reminiscing . Now a lad from work ( inbred ) recons Fester are going to flash mob Dhillons as there’s nowhere else to Drink .
The 3-0 FA cup win in 99 was a class day out too

JohnWH

Gotta say many of their lot look real pumped up, others downplaying double do2n as much as possible claiming they don't care one bit about Cov,
They admire our cinemas it seems,

It truly is their Cup Final this year, bc they can't play Forest, Villa, or Derby this year

shmmeee

Just read their thread, jesus fucking christ.

Opening parts of our ground we haven't opened for decades 9 days.
Our biggest home game for decades 7 months or so, Birmingham and Middlesborough at the end of last season MILES bigger.
Showing the game in a local cinema bar.

Fucking hell, yes it's a big game and nice to get one over them but most importantly it's also potentially 3 more points towards the play offs.

It’s genuinely the game I care least about of pretty much all the remaining fixtures. Basically a free hit, they’re a freak side for this level with silly money and PL players. More bothered that we win at Sheff Wed than Leicester TBH.

Ashdown

12.30 kick off, most of their fans have to be die hard followers home and away to get the required points for tickets. Can’t see it being like the 80s to be honest 😂
They might start dribbling and get agitated a lot though if we did beat them 🙏

fernandopartridge

12.30 kick off, most of their fans have to be die hard followers home and away to get the required points for tickets. Can’t see it being like the 80s to be honest
They might start dribbling and get agitated a lot though if we did beat them
We played them in 2000 in the Prem (1-0 win on a Sunday Bellamy), I'm pretty sure they didn't sell the end out. A few of them got battered at the Bolshie.

Tommo1993

Hold them in the same regard as Crawley Town, Plymouth Argyle and Heart of Midlothian and the rest of them. Just another team.

I also do not believe in that “free hit” bollocks.

CovInEssex

Gotta say many of their lot look real pumped up, others downplaying double do2n as much as possible claiming they don't care one bit about Cov,
They admire our cinemas it seems,

It truly is their Cup Final this year, bc they can't play Forest, Villa, or Derby this year

When removing league position or point implications It is their Cup Final (aka biggest game) as it is ours. These are just undeniable facts.

hackneyfox

Yes, there's the usual mis-information and crap on that forum. However, if we were pissing the league, i expect we'd be quite confident going in to any game, regardless of the opponent.... can't really knock them for being confident.

As to the rivalry, yes its geographical, and also based on age.... i'm no fan of them, but when i was growing up we were often leagues above them (literally), so i struggle to summon up the enthusiasm for the rivalry in the same way i do for Villa.
When were you leagues above us???
We've only once played in the third level and you weren't in the Premier at that point. You've never been more than one division above us, generally that works the other way as well, apart from your stint in the third tier when we were Premier.

Where do people get their 'facts' from?

Is it true you haven't yet had a capacity at the current stadium? Hearing this but not sure I can believe it.

hackneyfox

The BS also gave your boys batterings on a few occasions, nothing to be proud about but don't make out it has always been one way stuff.

Gynnsthetonic

We've only once played in the third level and you weren't in the Premier at that point. You've never been more than one division above us, generally that works the other way as well, apart from your stint in the third tier when we were Premier.

Is it true you haven't yet had a capacity at the current stadium? Hearing this but not sure I can believe it.
It was full to capacity 10 days ago

clint van damme

We sell out games, but how many tickets we actually release depends on the whims of SAG.
We had the ridiculous scenario against boro where we had a block of city fans segregated from the away support and other city fans!

Evo1883

The capacity changes based on police and safety advice , we've sold all available home tickets and had a sold out away section and still only managed over 31000 or so , the balcony usually has some empty , it's corporate ..

General home ticket sales will be sold out luke they were against Sheffield Wednesday, and pretty much against Swansea

The home end holds 25500/26500 ish give or take

Users who are viewing this thread