Leicester points deduction (1 Viewer)

bawtryneal

Of course the won’t - businesses can’t trade losing in reality £200m over a 12 month period without owner sign off and assurance

But how much longer will that "owner assurance" last ??
I give them one more year tops.

What a surprise - I am telling you know they will get away scott free with any of this

According to a good close source at the club, looks like we will - on a technicality.

The way Leicester are utilising De Marco to take on the EPL and EFL is on the timings of the potential punishment so we cannot be sanctioned by the EPL this season due not being a member now; but neither does the EFL rules apply due to the losses not
occurring whilst we were in the EFL.

Brighton Sky Blue

According to a good close source at the club, looks like we will - on a technicality.

The way Leicester are utilising De Marco to take on the EPL and EFL is on the timings of the potential punishment so we cannot be sanctioned by the EPL this season due not being a member now; but neither does the EFL rules apply due to the losses not
Got to keep the scummy legacy going somehow I guess. Brazenly cheating whilst complaining about being caught.

Ashdown

Appalling if they get away with it. Wouldn’t surprise me if the billionaires are working hard behind the scenes topping up Swiss bank accounts of officials who they’ve bribed
🙄

Appalling if they get away with it. Wouldn’t surprise me if the billionaires are working hard behind the scenes topping up Swiss bank accounts of officials who they’ve bribed
🙄
Same with Man City then as I have reiterated before during the seasons ending 2020 and 2021 which stopped us getting our CL Spots 👍⚽️🦊

Come on you Sky Blues for Saturday

ceetee

So your defence is............

The EPL has no jurisdiction as Leicester are a Championship club.

The EFL has no jurisdiction as Leicester cheated when in the EPL

David O'Day

Nonsense, The EPL can just apply the penalty once you are in their league.

The EPL has the power to say "If you get promoted then next season you start with an x point deduction", they have applied penalties to teams that have taken effect the next season many times before.

The EPL has the power to say "If you get promoted then next season you start with an x point deduction", they have applied penalties to teams that have taken effect the next season many times before.
No idea then

Brylowes

The stumbling block to that, would be the latest news reporting that the EPL are working towards abolishing points deduction as a punishment all together.
all major news agencies reporting this now, so would be amazed if it didn’t happen.

David O'Day

The stumbling block to that, would be the latest news reporting that the EPL are working towards abolishing points deduction as a punishment all together.
all major news agencies reporting this now, so would be amazed if it didn’t happen.
No indication it will not be grandfathered, if they don't apply equal treatment to any historical offences it opens up quite easy legal action against them.

Legally if they do bring in a "luxury tax" it can only be applied on future seasons.

Also no one can explain how it would work given that UEFA FFP is is in effect. That creates another legal minefield.

Last edited:

HadjiChippo

The powers that be really have no idea what they’re doing in regards to finances in football.

“Luxury Tax”? They do realise state run clubs could literally pay whatever fine/tax you impose on them, meanwhile the clubs on the lower rung have to spend themselves stupid to try and compete/stop their players getting pinched. Implementing this will just another step towards a closed shop EPL, and utter destruction for any side not run with a blank cheque.

Sporting sanctions are the only deterrent to insane expenditure.

ceetee

I'm sure a lot of current EPL owners, and prospective owners, would love to have a closed league..

bigfatronssba

So the punishment for spending too much money will be a monetary fine?

That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard since my Grandma told me about how her Dad caught her smoking a cigarette at 14. So as a punishment he bought her a whole packet and made her smoke the lot.

Brylowes

No indication it will not be grandfathered, if they don't apply equal treatment to any historical offences it opens up quite easy legal action against them.

Legally if they do bring in a "luxury tax" it can only be applied on future seasons.

Also no one can explain how it would work given that UEFA FFP is is in effect. That creates another legal minefield.
I’m sure they don’t mind throwing points deductions at the likes of Forest or even Everton, but at some point they’re gonna have to apply the rules to Chelsea, Man City etc.
Wont happen IMHO, I’ve always thought they’d find a way around it.

David O'Day

I’m sure they don’t mind throwing points deductions at the likes of Forest or even Everton, but at some point they’re gonna have to apply the rules to Chelsea, Man City etc.
Wont happen IMHO, I’ve always thought they’d find a way around it.
they have to do the same punishment or find them not guilty

they can not do points deductions for one set of team and then allow a luxury tax for another set if the offences are in the same years

that is going end up in court and badly for the epl if they try it

Brylowes

they have to do the same punishment or find them not guilty

they can not do points deductions for one set of team and then allow a luxury tax for another set if the offences are in the same years

that is going end up in court and badly for the epl if they try it
They could rescind any punishment already imposed on club’s, and start the process again.

David O'Day

They could rescind any punishment already imposed on club’s, and start the process again.
how? that will result in differing league placings so different winnings and potentially different relegated teams

not going to happen

skybluericoh

I almost want us to lose to Leeds and Ipswich so you cheating bastards dont go up. We're not ready to go up yet anyway, next season for us
They win their game in hand they are top anyway.
I think they have been so miss managed that they will be selling in the summer. Not convinced that the current owner is a patch on his late dad when it comes to running the club. To many looking after number one, players, agents financial advisors. They will still reap what they sow.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd have thought it makes it a dead cert for penalties next season though.

Go up - PL enforces it's ruling from your previous stint and deducts points.

Stay in EFL - you'll have broken the limits as an EFL club and so get deducted points for that.

Possible outcome - go up this year, get PL sanctions and come back down. Season after the EFL hit you with sanctions as well for not complying with rules this season.

Users who are viewing this thread