Leicester points deduction (2 Viewers)

Blind-Faith

I’m seeing various reports, whether factual or not I don’t know, of a possible points deduction for them, but not until they reach the PL?

On the face of it and without knowing any of the actual facts, seems totally unfair and an agenda to make sure they go straight back up!

If you break the rules you should be punished and not rewarded, hardly sets a good example for the rest of the league does it?

Blind-Faith

But they broke the rules the premier League set, not the EFL ones, so they can't be punished by the EFL , only the premier league

So it is right that they will be punished upon return next year

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Thankyou , that makes a bit more sense then I suppose 👍

Boicey

But they broke the rules the premier League set, not the EFL ones, so they can't be punished by the EFL , only the premier league

So it is right that they will be punished upon return next year

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
They aren’t sure of promotion. They are within choking range.
Who knows we might get them in the playoffs…. And do them obviously.

Happy_Martian

The decision was because they were close to missing this seasons target for FFP but the EFL jumped the gun and wanted a cusiness case to ensure they kept within the financial guidelines by the end of this season. Leicester argued that the rule (Rule 2.9) couldn't be implemented as this was their first season in the EFL, which the judging body agreed with.

Imagine any club dropping into the Championship, overspending to ensure they're promotion favourites and then telling the EFL "But this is our first season in the EFL so your FFP rules don't apply to us."

It's a rule that could be abused to flaunt finances in future so the EFL are talking with the EPL and EFL clubs to close the door on it. Or in the case of the two governing bodies, EFL and EPL seem to be talking to ensure abuse in either league is still counted toward the other leagues FFP/Profit and Sustainability Rules (PSR).

Sick Boy

The decision was because they were close to missing this seasons target for FFP but the EFL jumped the gun and wanted a cusiness case to ensure they kept within the financial guidelines by the end of this season. Leicester argued that the rule (Rule 2.9) couldn't be implemented as this was their first season in the EFL, which the judging body agreed with.

Imagine any club dropping into the Championship, overspending to ensure they're promotion favourites and then telling the EFL "But this is our first season in the EFL so your FFP rules don't apply to us."

It's a rule that could be abused to flaunt finances in future so the EFL are talking with the EPL and EFL clubs to close the door on it. Or in the case of the two governing bodies, EFL and EPL seem to be talking to ensure abuse in either league is still counted toward the other leagues FFP/Profit and Sustainability Rules (PSR).
Yet another loophole that they’ve exploited to gain promotion.

cstring82

I’m seeing various reports, whether factual or not I don’t know, of a possible points deduction for them, but not until they reach the PL?

On the face of it and without knowing any of the actual facts, seems totally unfair and an agenda to make sure they go straight back up!

If you break the rules you should be punished and not rewarded, hardly sets a good example for the rest of the league does it?
My Leicester supporting mate said something about FFP and not signing Sensini (or similar name) from Inter in Jan because of a potential issue of spending too much.
Loads of Leicester players didn’t have relegation clauses either from what he said so wages are silly in comparison to the majority of the Championship and this has affected them even with selling players for big £.
I am bitter and hope they get fucked over and still hope they choke rather than it being this type of thing.

Mucca Mad Boys

Why not this season like Everton?
Avoid legal action if it cost them automatic promotion in all likelihood.

The deferred punishment seems like the governing body has assumed Leicester’s automatic promotion is a foregone conclusion.

messiahrobins

Leicester, a small provincial club historically more suited to the 3rd tier of English football, will be back to their natural habitat within 3 years as basically they are finished as a football club. They cheated, they now have been caught, they will have to sell most of their better players and what will happen is they get promoted to the PL this season, are now guaranteed to come straight back down next season, and will then go straight down again into L1.

Blind-Faith

In the process though, they still grab the £100million + that comes with a season in the PL😡
This is the bit that pisses me off, take the points deduction, get relegated , but still raking the cash in and parachute payments the year after.

Almost like the owners aren’t bothered about the points deduction aslong as the cash keeps coming in

messiahrobins

This is the bit that pisses me off, take the points deduction, get relegated , but still raking the cash in and parachute payments the year after.

Almost like the owners aren’t bothered about the points deduction aslong as the cash keeps coming in
Leicester are finished. Trust me on this. They will be L1 within 3 years. They got caught. Bye bye to them. I feel sorry for them in a way as all their recent success means nothing. Cheating ultimately makes winning hollow.

letsallsingtogether

Just like the Villa thdy broke the rules when they were religated from the prem but because they went straight back up the efl had to let them go.
All shit really cheated got promoted and let off.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Because the PL is considered separate to the EFL but from what I’ve read the EFL are keen to punish them this season - it just depends whether they’re able to from a legal perspective.
Well, it'll be fine cos when they come back down again they can have it then.

Flying Fokker

I’m more concerned about the points gap between us and Leicester, It’s the same as when we played them at the CBS.

Sick Boy

The pressure on them to return to the Premier League is starting to tell, plus the stress of the FFP ruling hanging over them. I would pi$$ myself if they missed out on automatic promotion and failed in the play offs
Unfortunately their run is relatively easy; they do seem like a bunch of bottlers with a piss poor manager, so you never know.

ProfessorbyGrace

Haven’t heard much from the 12-fingered friend, who only comes on to wind people up.

What was it…’mind the gap!’? 🤣

What gap is that, the one thinner than an After Eight?

Users who are viewing this thread