Leicester points deduction (1 Viewer)

robbiethemole

I work in Leicester so I’m surrounded by them, a few have been so up their own arses about being promoted by March, one season tour of the Championship etc I’m loving the pending imploding of them, hope they take points off Norwich for our benefit but hope they royally f**k up going back up.
that's nothing, several of us LIVE amongst the twats hahahha

HadjiChippo

Just saw a breakdown of Everton’s numbers and apparently their wage spending is over 90% of their overall revenue (£159m/£172m). What are these clubs doing? This is a club that’s building a massive new stadium, whilst looking at a really bleak future and more point deductions to come.

Can’t wait for Leicesters to be reported.

Sick Boy

This is why i take my hat off to Luton for giving it everything they’ve got to try and stay there without (I’m assuming) reaching beyond their means. If they drop, I think they’ll have more chance of bouncing back than Burnley who spent 15-20 mil on a keeper who’d played in l1 (don’t care he made the England squad, it’s embarrassing he did).

can’t wait for the Leicester situation to unravel. They were the original takers of the advantage of the rules and it made them. Poetic justice hopefully on the cards.
Yeah, fair play to Luton, they’re actually having a go at staying up and will have a new stadium. I expect they’ll end up winning the Championship next season if they do come down.

HadjiChippo

This is why i take my hat off to Luton for giving it everything they’ve got to try and stay there without (I’m assuming) reaching beyond their means. If they drop, I think they’ll have more chance of bouncing back than Burnley who spent 15-20 mil on a keeper who’d played in l1 (don’t care he made the England squad, it’s embarrassing he did).

can’t wait for the Leicester situation to unravel. They were the original takers of the advantage of the rules and it made them. Poetic justice hopefully on the cards.
I was bitter at the start of the season and wanted them to get smashed every weekend, until I saw their sensible approach to low transfer spending, trusting the squad that brought them to the dance, and ensuring the long term infrastructure of the club first, as well as the absolute state of clubs they’re competing with like Everton and Forest.

Really hope they somehow stay up and Everton go down instead.

Sick Boy

I was bitter at the start of the season and wanted them to get smashed every weekend, until I saw their sensible approach to low transfer spending, trusting the squad that brought them to the dance, and ensuring the long term infrastructure of the club first, as well as the absolute state of clubs they’re competing with like Everton and Forest.

Nah, Forest for me, more because Luton and Everton fans are pretty decent overall.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, fair play to Luton, they’re actually having a go at staying up and will have a new stadium. I expect they’ll end up winning the Championship next season if they do come down.
Like Blackpool’s solo season at that level but with the funds actually being used for the club rather than being siphoned off. They’ll be in and around the autos at least.

Yep so we finished fifth in 2020 and 2021 - only just - and Man City took one of our plca for the top four. If they had been rightly dealt with that season, they would have had a points deduction and we would have gained a CL spot.

The FFP and PSR are anti competitive which has caused a monopoly and made it impossible to break the cartel. We ruined the PL brand by winning it, something which a club of our size, or yours, will never ever do again.

Nick De Marco is the man

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep so we finished fifth in 2020 and 2021 - only just - and Man City took one of our plca for the top four. If they had been rightly dealt with that season, they would have had a points deduction and we would have gained a CL spot.

The FFP and PSR are anti competitive which has caused a monopoly and made it impossible to break the cartel. We ruined the PL brand by winning it, something which a club of our size, or yours, will never ever do again.

Nick De Marco is the man
The ‘monopoly’ has been established by at least a few clubs who owe it all to billionaires inflating the club’s size. A bit like yours really. If we’d had rules like this when Abramovich came in then this nonsense wouldn’t be a complaint now.

Clubs who got success organically and through commercial exploits are a challenge to be overcome. The answer is not to let all the tycoons through the gates and whore clubs out to the highest bidder.

I wouldn’t worry about champions league spots if I were you. You’re a mess at the moment and deserve to be punished if true.

If you’d been dealt with correctly in the noughties then do you honestly think your recent past would have occurred the way it did.
Dealt with correctly in the noughties? Administration occurred because of the collapse of itv digital and the charges weren’t in place then so.. back to talking about Man City then…

The ‘monopoly’ has been established by at least a few clubs who owe it all to billionaires inflating the club’s size. A bit like yours really. If we’d had rules like this when Abramovich came in then this nonsense wouldn’t be a complaint now.

Clubs who got success organically and through commercial exploits are a challenge to be overcome. The answer is not to let all the tycoons through the gates and whore clubs out to the highest bidder.
Are you only saying that because we had Vichai - Top his Son is useless - and you had Sisu?

Brighton Sky Blue

Are you only saying that because we had Vichai - Top his Son is useless - and you had Sisu?
I’m saying it because I think it’s true. Reducing the game to who can find the nicest billionaire because that’s the easy short term answer instead of trying to beat the established clubs on the pitch. Not for me sorry.

German fans don’t have an issue with Bayern’s dominance, at least not compared to what we’ve done over here.

I’m saying it because I think it’s true. Reducing the game to who can find the nicest billionaire because that’s the easy short term answer instead of trying to beat the established clubs on the pitch. Not for me sorry.

German fans don’t have an issue with Bayern’s dominance, at least not compared to what we’ve done over here.
I agree to an extent but unfortunately. as much as you hate to say it, clubs of our size need to stick together against the Big Six.

Having a rich person is the only way you’re likely to win a trophy - though it would be amazing if you won the FA Cup.

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree to an extent but unfortunately. as much as you hate to say it, clubs of our size need to stick together against the Big Six.

Having a rich person is the only way you’re likely to win a trophy - though it would be amazing if you won the FA Cup.
The ‘Big 6’ contains two clubs who owe it all to a tycoon. The other 4 like it or not have largely got their success on their own.

In whoring yourselves out to the Thais you’re no better than Man City or Chelsea in my eyes. Just bitter that you somehow messed it up.

Sky Blue Pete

All of that but still bitter

Sick Boy

Nick De Marco is the man
Ahh yes plucky old Leicester whose title win was funded by a billionaire.

Grendel

I wouldn’t worry about champions league spots if I were you. You’re a mess at the moment and deserve to be punished if true.

If you’d been dealt with correctly in the noughties then do you honestly think your recent past would have occurred the way it did.

They were dealt with correctly and we should have done the same

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Dealt with correctly in the noughties? Administration occurred because of the collapse of itv digital and the charges weren’t in place then so.. back to talking about Man City then…
But compared to those after you (including us) you got away pretty much scott-free and left a lot of other businesses in the lurch.

Do you think that clubs that have entered administration since you have been harshly treated, given that their punishments were much more severe than yours for the same misdemeanours?

Grendel

But compared to those after you (including us) you got away pretty much scott-free and left a lot of other businesses in the lurch.

Do you think that clubs that have entered administration since you have been harshly treated, given that their punishments were much more severe than yours for the same misdemeanours?

The rules have changed and there’s utter hypocrisy on this issue. We should have done the same and we’d not have complained

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The rules have changed and there’s utter hypocrisy on this issue. We should have done the same and we’d not have complained
I'm not saying that the sanctions given weren't correct from a laws point of view and no, we wouldn't have complained.

But I just find it a bit galling a Leicester fan complaining about other teams spending when they have clearly massively overspent themselves and 'got away' with administration in the past.

Chickens and roost come to mind.

The ‘Big 6’ contains two clubs who owe it all to a tycoon. The other 4 like it or not have largely got their success on their own.

In whoring yourselves out to the Thais you’re no better than Man City or Chelsea in my eyes. Just bitter that you somehow messed it up.
Now that’s somebody who wants a nothing rival with Leicester talking and when you were moaning about Sisu being involved you’d have taken our Thais as owners

I'm not saying that the sanctions given weren't correct from a laws point of view and no, we wouldn't have complained.

But I just find it a bit galling a Leicester fan complaining about other teams spending when they have clearly massively overspent themselves and 'got away' with administration in the past.

Chickens and roost come to mind.
We got away with points deductions in the past as in the first occasion, the ten point deduction didn’t exist when we went into admin and on the second it was settled out of court.

Brighton Sky Blue

You’d have whored yourselves out to the Thais. They were the only ones wanting to take us off Mandaric at the time as we’d have fell further into the abyss.

We are lucky we got them as we won the PL without breaking any FFP but now Vichai has died, Top is clueless. At least you will beat Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich for us!

PUSB ⚽️🦊
Overlooking the obscene spending to get into the PL in the first place, of course. I don't like what English football has turned into, most fans however are pretty happy to have more Lestas, Wolves and Bournemouths compared to Lutons and Covs.

Can't complain when it bites you on the arse though

Overlooking the obscene spending to get into the PL in the first place, of course. I don't like what English football has turned into, most fans however are pretty happy to have more Lestas, Wolves and Bournemouths compared to Lutons and Covs.

Can't complain when it bites you on the arse though
Blackburn did it on a grander scale in the early 90s and Derby too plus Wolves

covcity4life

Like Blackpool’s solo season at that level but with the funds actually being used for the club rather than being siphoned off. They’ll be in and around the autos at least.
I think this could be one and done season for them in the prem.

Does depend how much they can give to recruitment I guess. But I wouldn't bet my house on them being promoted again next year if they come down.

StrettoBoy

That’s a really shitty thing to do………but how do you end up owning “volunteers“ £4K 🤔

I was a St. John Ambulance (SJA) volunteer when I was younger.

The way it works is that the organiser of the event - in this case Leicester City - pay SJA as a contribution towards the organisation's expenses. The foot soldiers on the ground freely give their time and expertise. We didn't even get expenses, so had to pay for our own travel, uniform etc.

Although a Coventrian and a Sky Blues fan I have lived in Leicestershire since 1979 (work brought me here) and have attended duties at Filbert Street, Welford Road, Donnington Park and Mallory Park.

I had some great times and along with my colleagues we helped a lot of people.

fernandopartridge

In fairness to Leicesterfox we would have accepted the Thai takeover had it been us, let's not deny it. Their current position though has nothing to do with the early days but their naive attempts to keep up with the Joneses post winning the PL.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Blackburn did it on a grander scale in the early 90s and Derby too plus Wolves
Blackburn got bankrolled by a local tycoon but faded quickly. Go back a bit further and you've got periods where one club might dominate for a while, but it goes in cycles and you get clubs like Forest/Leeds/Villa/Derby/Everton winning league titles, even more varied clubs winning the cup and so on.

Welcoming billionaires or super billionaires in with open arms is what's led to the situation as is. You can't support this approach on one hand while complaining when it backfires on another.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think this could be one and done season for them in the prem.

Does depend how much they can give to recruitment I guess. But I wouldn't bet my house on them being promoted again next year if they come down.
They'll keep most if not all of their squad together and most of those players have been there for a few years now. Add that to a strong manager and parachute money, I'd back them to be stronger than Sheff Utd/Burnley.

Users who are viewing this thread