Leicester/G Thomas (1 Viewer)

Super_Johnny_Gayle

feel free to merge with old thread, but Leicester have signed iheanacho from Man City today, so where would G Thomas fit in there, surely he needs to stay at least another season with us before ending his career with a Prem League move?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
feel free to merge with old thread, but Leicester have signed iheanacho from Man City today, so where would G Thomas fit in there, surely he needs to stay at least another season with us before ending his career with a Prem League move?

That's quite a coup! His Premier league record ain't half bad! Surprised someone better hasn't come in for him.

As for the link to Thomas, I don't think it'll go away following this. Ineanacho is first team ready (for the Prem). Thomas is far from that

Gazolba

feel free to merge with old thread, but Leicester have signed iheanacho from Man City today, so where would G Thomas fit in there, surely he needs to stay at least another season with us <snip>
With all the new signings, do we even need him now?

shelby76

George will go he has to, books have to be balanced, club must have told him to go, i mean no one wants Stevenson he has missed his chance Jones was a waste of money. So Thomas is the only option.

Neil

Guys. IM a bit confused. Robins said that Thomas could not play against Sutton or go to Spain due to insurance... so how did our trialist players play? Surely they are not under contract either?

Not trying to make arguments etc and maybe a silly question. But I don't see the difference? So maybe he is leaving?

shmmeee

Guys. IM a bit confused. Robins said that Thomas could not play against Sutton or go to Spain due to insurance... so how did our trialist players play? Surely they are not under contract either?

Not trying to make arguments etc and maybe a silly question. But I don't see the difference? So maybe he is leaving?

Going solely off Football Manager, but don't you give trialists a temporary contract?

Neil

Going solely off Football Manager, but don't you give trialists a temporary contract?

You are possibly right. But surely by offering a contract would be the same or he can sign temporary one.. just seems a bit strange. But I don't know these laws etc

Mr Panda

My assumption is that a trialist will play at their own risk in order to win a contract.

If Thomas were to be injured we'd recieve no payout and would undoubtedly weaken our position in terms of negotiating a fee.

Super_Johnny_Gayle

OP seemed too
No my point was, why would G Thomas think he'd ever get into the Leicester first team when they're signing players like Iheanacho, even if he went out on loan for a season or 2, I mean what would be the point for his career doing that?
Thomas is a decent player at this level but will never be a Prem League player as long as he's got a hole in his arse.
He's more likely to sign for a championship team imo.

Cavan O'Doherty

Ohhhh Neil!
giphy.gif

covcity4life

No my point was, why would G Thomas think he'd ever get into the Leicester first team when they're signing players like Iheanacho, even if he went out on loan for a season or 2, I mean what would be the point for his career doing that?
Thomas is a decent player at this level but will never be a Prem League player as long as he's got a hole in his arse.

yeah i honestly think a cracking season in league 2 would do wonders for his potential moves

Rich

You are possibly right. But surely by offering a contract would be the same or he can sign temporary one.. just seems a bit strange. But I don't know these laws etc
I would imagine that there are costs involved. Which the CEO might not sign off for a player unwilling to commit.

A trialist is possibly incoming versus GT probably outgoing.

SkyBlueScottie

The point of his career, to move up the ladder, play at a higher level, improve with better standards of coaching, and of course... much higher pay.

Did you not watch any checkatrade games against the prem clubs, our boys with much more match experience at time looked like seasoned pro's compared to them. There is no way you know whether he will be a prem player in the future.

If he was to sign for Leicester he would be loaned to a championship club.

NortonSkyBlue

And someone said exactly the same thing about Jamie Vardy. You have no clue until he either sinks or swims.
Quality player in the making hence he made team of the tournament in Toulon and is being sought by premier league clubs

Liquid Gold

But he'll be set for life. He could sign a 2 year deal for us on peanuts and break his leg. Then he's just another in a long line of failed footballers with no other skills.

Super_Johnny_Gayle

He's done more for us than Callum Wilson did by the age of 20.
But 2 years later Wilson had scored 22 goals in League one even with having 2 spells out with injury.

Super_Johnny_Gayle

How do you know what George Thomas will have done in 2 years?
I don't, I'm using my footballing knowledge and brain to make a judgement. He may prove me wrong, time will tell.

no_loyalty

I'm not syaing that Thomas would get anywhere near their first team, but Leicester haven't signed Iheanacho yet (Spurs now favourites for him as part of swap deal for Kyle Walker)

slowpoke

Unfortunately Thomas has the first touch of a L2 player what he lacks in that department is made up by his desire to get the ball back but does that make you in a premier league football player I think not

Users who are viewing this thread