Leicester City fan's view on the 'M69 Derby' (1 Viewer)

SKYBLUESDUNK

It's all a matter of opinion to me, and as much as we argue about who rivals who, it's all nonsense, cause it's just opinions at the end of the day and we all link the word hate with rivals... Now I hate man utd... Does that mean cov rival man utd?? I might be talking rubbish. But I'm just saying this argument is pointless.

Nick

Administrator
Who cares? Really?

Who would join another teams forum to start a thread about it?

Changeyourface

Hello Cov fans :)

I was just perusing your forum and I noticed there had been a couple of threads regarding the legitimacy of the 'M69 Derby'.
Now, from your perspective, it seems that you consider Villa your main rivals with us a close second and that seems a rather black and white situation.

Regarding Forest and Derby, we see them as our main rivals with the former the fiercer of the two. But as you're probably aware we're a distant second to both clubs and it falls under an odd case of them playing our rivalries down and us bigging them up. When we're secondary rivals to both clubs. However, geography comes in to it too. If you live in Melton Mowbray or Loughborough, Forest/Leicester is the main rivalry. In Coalville, Leicester/Derby is the main rivalry and in Hinckley, Leicester/Coventry is the main.

However, although the SW Leicestershire fans will refer to you lot as 'scum'. There will be a lot of our fans who will categorise you with Peterborough, a smaller club (obviously you're significantly bigger than Posh) that hates us but we're not really bothered.

To sum up, it's Forest, Derby and then Coventry.

Good luck, against Crawley next year ;)

Pretty much agree with what's been said there, not a rival to me and never will be. Had to laugh when you say you're a bigger club though, at the moment yes, historically no way. You haven't actually won a major trophy have you? Albeit we have just the one.

Anyway good luck with the rest of the season pal.

CCFC123

Smaller club? The post was well written till he said that? Now a little bit of thought and in that statement would of read Leicester are the same size city and football club. No bigger but no smaller.

Strange statement.

malkitccfc

spent 10-15 million to be mid table. even derby are above you, but we all know derby are a bigger club than you. i mean after all, they're higher in the league, get decent attendances, have some pretty legendary icons of the past. Man city must also be a bigger club than manchester united.. idiot, run along and stick to your own forums.

A little song i made up.
We hate yam yam we hate the Brum but you lot youre leicester scum youre all inbred you flipping twats we'll see you outside after the match

im sure some of them words can be replaced. After all only a song

pusbccfc

A little song i made up.
We hate yam yam we hate the Brum but you lot youre leicester scum youre all inbred you flipping twats we'll see you outside after the match

im sure some of them words can be replaced. After all only a song
We hate the brum
We hate villa
Who the Fu#k are leicester.
Is a better version?

Woz01

Leicester are maybe a bigger club at the minute but in the past?? No Chance!! Would Leicester still average 15k if they had no top 6 finish in 40 years, i very much doubt it.

bulkoskyblue

Villa for me all day long! Although it does annoy me that nobody actually gives a Toss about us

All the best

No one gives a toss about us??? Come off it mate, Leicester hate us, our rivalry with Leicester means a lot more to them than it does to a lot of ccfc fans.

Derby hate forest. Forest hate derby. Neither give a fuck about the east midlands minnows Leicester.

As stated before Coventry City is Leicesters cup final, whether we see them as rival or not, they hate us.

CUS Wyken

Leicester do hate us because they wouldn’t be coming on our message boards otherwise.

Take for example Hackney Fox. Even when they were in a different league he piped up on GMK. I’ve never known Villa etc.. to do that.

I personally hate Leicester more than the Villa, Blues etc...

And regardless of what the Leicester Pratt says, they hate us too. Especially the Hinckley lot and Burbage etc...

The rivalry is far more fierce because of the regularity we’ve played each other over the past decade.

Last edited:

LastGarrison

I can honestly say I have had a warm welcome pretty much everytime I've been to Leicester either by the Old Bill or the locals.

Certainly not the same type of game as when you go to say a Watford or a Derby so there must be some sort of rivalry there.

Personally I fucking hate Leicester.

rob9872

I can honestly say I have had a warm welcome pretty much everytime I've been to Leicester either by the Old Bill or the locals.

Yep - even have sniffer dogs going at your pockets when you get off the train so if you have anything then smoke it before you get there.

skybluedan

fox46 do us a favour and go and boil your fuckin head in your rancid mothers stagnent piss you utter cod piece

ccfcdan

Were pretty similar sized clubs 2bh. Biggest difference is that weve won a major trophy and conducted ourselves in the right way as a club. Leicester shit on all the local businesses by going into admin and only have a mickey mouse cup to their name. I hate Leicester, mainly because they think there some huge club, but in reality there no different to ourselves.

Were pretty similar sized clubs 2bh. Biggest difference is that weve won a major trophy and conducted ourselves in the right way as a club. Leicester shit on all the local businesses by going into admin and only have a mickey mouse cup to their name. I hate Leicester, mainly because they think there some huge club, but in reality there no different to ourselves.
My thoughts EXACTLY.
Worked in fester for years....mention the fact that they cheated their way out of finacial shit (didnt pay their debt to the local businesses or the stadium contractor) and they just look at you with a blank expression.Mind you thats how most of the locals looks anyway.
Definately a club with dilusions of grandeur

cunts

Last edited:

Changeyourface

Conducted ourselves in the right way? We signed a convicted woman beater?

Sean Oz

Your biggest icon is that Jimmy bloke with the massive chin. Us? Lineker, Banks, Shilton etc...

Attachments

• Elephant_Man.jpg
    Elephant_Man.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 12

CovInEssex

Right now Leicester are a bigger club.

Historically, I'd say Leicester are a bigger club. Just.
They've accomplished more (there are other accomplishments to lifting trophies). Init.

Changeyourface

Right now Leicester are a bigger club.

Historically, I'd say Leicester are a bigger club. Just.
They've accomplished more (there are other accomplishments to lifting trophies). Init.

You used the word "init" therefore your point is not valid.

Users who are viewing this thread