Leicester City fan's view on the 'M69 Derby' (1 Viewer)

guicey15

I'm deluded?

Let's look at your club, shall we?

Coventry City, the sole club of Coventry, one of the most populous cities in the country, currently drawing 13,000 for home games and only 15,000 home fans for your biggest game of the season.
You may be bottom of the table but Leicester City, drew 20,000 in League One with the country's biggest Rugby Union team on our doorstep.

We lose nearly every week, have heartbreak every week, concede in the last minute more times than I can count, have players who can barely cut it at this level, have the leagues most ignorant owners who don't give a shit and who have invested no money in players at all. It's a miracle a single person turns up.

Leicester are the exact opposite on most of those points eg. 10's of millions of pounds to spend, good players etc.

Fox46

really surprised more festa fans havent been here before now,it not like their boards were invaded by cov fans when they were heading for relegation :D..but as someone said, their disappointment this season far outweighs ours in terms of pre season optimism..where as most cov fans were expecting relegation this year,festa were saying they would be promoted by xmas....:facepalm:

I wasn't!

I was aware we could cock it up as only we know how :)

W

westcountry_skyblue

I remember 1987 well,Wasnt that the year we won a proper cup and Lestoh and Villa got relegated ? 20 million and youve f***ed it up lmfao

Fox46

We lose nearly every week, have heartbreak every week, concede in the last minute more times than I can count, have players who can barely cut it at this level, have the leagues most ignorant owners who don't give a shit and who have invested no money in players at all. It's a miracle a single person turns up.

Leicester are the exact opposite on most of those points eg. 10's of millions of pounds to spend, good players etc.

We were supposed to be runaway leaders.

You have no idea how frustrating it is being a Leicester fan.

Barring this season, Coventry just sat in mid table.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So you just assumed I was in the majority? I don't care that much, I do hate Peterborough more than you, but that's for personal reasons.

Haha! I was already preparing to reply to another post! :facepalm:

We're not going down is what I was trying to say. :wave:
Yep you already been there done that.

Leiecester finishing mid table is a bigger failure than Coventry getting relegated in line with pre season expectations. Ask any City fan on the first day of the season we were all saying we were in almighty struggle this season.
Ask a Leicester fan and you were going to walk the league :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
How is that working out for you?

Brighton Sky Blue

We've down it like that before.

But fair enough, I get your point. You can't honestly say you'd turn down the chance if it was given to Coventry though...

Right now we're begging for money from any source, trying to get by on kids and free loans-so of course I wouldn't complain if someone pumped tens of millions into the club. What it does though is it makes fans of clubs like yours arrogant, complacent, and seemingly oblivious to the fact that you're only where you are because you won the Thai lottery. I think our game at the start of the season summed it all up pretty well-your squad assembled at a cost of over £10 million scraped past our team of youth players and scraps of last season's players; to think what the result would've been if we'd had spent even a quarter of your resources. Fair play to you for trying to offer a reasoned argument re rivalry, but most of us here know where we stand with other Midlands clubs and aren't that fussed either way.

Now on yer bike!

Fox46

Yep you already been there done that.

Leiecester finishing mid table is a bigger failure than Coventry getting relegated in line with pre season expectations. Ask any City fan on the first day of the season we were all saying we were in almighty struggle this season.
Ask a Leicester fan and you were going to walk the league :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
How is that working out for you?

Terribly. I thought we'd finish second.

I'm hardly embarrassed to have believed in my club, most neutrals held the same opinion.

Fact of the matter is. Next season we'll be playing Blackburn and you'll be playing Cheltenham.

guicey15

We were supposed to be runaway leaders.

You have no idea how frustrating it is being a Leicester fan.

Barring this season, Coventry just sat in mid table.

If it's so frustrating being a Leicester fan, I can assure it is 25 times worse being a cov fan! You must be so frustrated with all those millions of pounds you have available to spend...

Fox46

Right now we're begging for money from any source, trying to get by on kids and free loans-so of course I wouldn't complain if someone pumped tens of millions into the club. What it does though is it makes fans of clubs like yours arrogant, complacent, and seemingly oblivious to the fact that you're only where you are because you won the Thai lottery. I think our game at the start of the season summed it all up pretty well-your squad assembled at a cost of over £10 million scraped past our team of youth players and scraps of last season's players; to think what the result would've been if we'd had spent even a quarter of your resources. Fair play to you for trying to offer a reasoned argument re rivalry, but most of us here know where we stand with other Midlands clubs and aren't that fussed either way.

Now on yer bike!

We bought names not players.

Gaz

What a great thread.
So glad i'v just read all of it.

skybluebeduff

On 7 July 2011, Mills signed a four year contract with Leicester City for an undisclosed fee, and was later confirmed as club captain for the 2011–12 season. Although officially undisclosed, the transfer deal was estimated to be worth an initial ₤5,000,000, with additional clauses meaning the fee could in the future rise past the £5.5 million mark. If this was to occur, Mills would become the most expensive player in Leicester City's history and the flop of the decade.

Fox46

If it's so frustrating being a Leicester fan, I can assure it is 25 times worse being a cov fan! You must be so frustrated with all those millions of pounds you have available to spend...

You mean the £10million we've wasted. Having to watch 25,000 fans be subjected to mediocre performances when we've been promised promotion.

Having no stability whatsoever... every season. Not just this one. All of them.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Terribly. I thought we'd finish second.

I'm hardly embarrassed to have believed in my club, most neutrals held the same opinion.

Fact of the matter is. Next season we'll be playing Blackburn and you'll be playing Cheltenham.
So....what you are saying is Leicester have spent 20 million pounds or so in transfers to be exactly where they are now?
This is what I mean in Leicester's failure being worse than our own given expectations and available resources.
Great business, your owners could give SISU a run for there money with a record like that.

Last edited:

guicey15

You mean the £10million we've wasted. Having to watch 25,000 fans be subjected to mediocre performances when we've been promised promotion.

Having no stability whatsoever... every season. Not just this one. All of them.

Youll just get another 10 million to spend next transfer window, and the window after that, and after that. Patience is a virtue.

Fox46

So....what you are saying is Leicester have spent 20 million pounds or so in transfers to be exactly where they are now?
This is what I mean in Leicester's failure being worse than our own given expectations and available resources.
Great business, your owners could give SISU a run for there money with a record like that.

I'm not saying we haven't failed. We have, big time.

But we're not going down.

When people look back at the table in future years, they won't see our spending. They'll see you in the red and us languishing in mid table.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Yes fox46 you are right,we will be playing cheltenham next year we all accept that.
And yes you will be playing blackburn as you say.....Probably in the championship though .
Ps.....Can we borrow your guide to the grounds in the 3rd tier of english football?

skybluebeduff

It will all go Pete Tong, just look at Portsmouth. Blackburn spent like you in the 90's and it paid off for 2 years then reality hit them hard too :whistle:

usskyblue

Troll score card.

Talk shit - A+
Rile up a few people - D
Use of wit - F
Intimidation Factor - F

Summary: A cringeworthy fail. (Although we do take in to account the difficulty of typing with 10 fingers and 3 thumbs)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
CSI Miami said they were thinking of doing a series from Leicester, but it just wouldn't work. Everyone in Leicester has the same DNA :D

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Fuck off back to your inbred family WUM! :D

skybluehugh

Leicester are only better of than us financially because they cheated the fecking system on administration about 8 or 9 years ago. You got away with poor financial management and administration scot free.

And through that all other teams that get in to trouble now get thr 10 point deduction. and he has the gawl to come on here bragging, what a chesse and onion:slap:
:slap:

bulkoskyblue

Now will all you ccfc fans that thought Leicester didn't care about us believe me?? They hate us! Not derby not forest US!

We are there cup final - fact.

Reasons for this are we are a bigger more successful club. I can understand there hatred for us, it must be awful to be forever in our shadow. And always will be as they will NEVER win a major trophy. (please don't include the reserve team cup)

pusbccfc

At the end of the day fox, you go through your squad... your highest paid player is probably on the likes of cyrus christie, Conor thomas and gael bigirimana's yearly wages in around two weeks!!
Me naming only three of the bunch of under 18s playing for coventry.

Also just to say, of all the forest and derby fans I know, they don't give 2 flying hoots about you!!

Users who are viewing this thread