Leicester away (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

Don't care about Leicester at all, Villa always be the biggest rivals to me.

As much an age/geographical thing who people hate the most probably.

Myself being mid-40's, Central/South Warwickshire more Villa fans around, played regularly in the top division, Villa the team to hate.

People younger, and/or from the less salubrious North of Warwickshire more likely to hate Leicester.

Changeyourface

This thread has made me laugh!

We are leicesters cup final, built on years of jealousy as we are the bigger club. simple as that.

they hate us more than we hate them and sing about us every game. this is how it is, and theres a leicester tosser season ticket holder sitting here with me at work, all he does is slate cov all day,every day, hes obsessed with us! then says they doesnt care about us, we are not rivals!!?? strange lad!

PUSB

You have to be joking? No one can be that deluded, Leicester only just bothered to create a song for us about 3 years ago and that points out how they don't care about us. Sing about us every game, I'm still laughing :facepalm:

rob9872

I guess it's geographical. Those who live in the Nuneaton Hinckley area Leicester will be bigger rivals. Those in Balsall Common or Warwick etc it will be Villa. Depends who you're closest to and who you can have banter with. Similarly I guess those in the south of Leicester rival us more than those in the north of Leicester who are nearer Forest and Derby.

They are all big games with a heightened atmosphere which is good, but anyone from either side who lets their bitter hatred boil over because someone happens to live 10 miles away and supports a different team needs to have a long hard look at themselves.

Gaz

You have to be joking? No one can be that deluded, Leicester only just bothered to create a song for us about 3 years ago and that points out how they don't care about us. Sing about us every game, I'm still laughing :facepalm:

Why would a team that 'don't care about us' make a song up about us that they have been singing for the last three years ? Lol
Hmmm. :D

skybluesteve76

Villa were our rivals in the premier, but they only bothered with us cos there was no blues around at that time. The Leicester Cov rivalry was unheard of until we were relegated in my opinion. To be honest I don't think anyone really cares about us really.

All the best

Hamish

Leicester tends to be the worst away game of the season because we normally lose, the ott policing and you can't even get a beer at half time. I'll still be there though.

Changeyourface

Why would a team that 'don't care about us' make a song up about us that they have been singing for the last three years ? Lol
Hmmm. :D

Where did I say that none of them care about us? I just think it's tragic to latch on to a club like Leicester for a rival when even the fans who do see us a rival see as their third biggest after Forest and Derby

neilyboy67

its always been villa as the big rival down the years but lets embrace the M69 interbred derby :D footballs about rivalry and i look forward home and away to the lesda match more than any doncaster, reading or bloody peterborough games fans wise, ffs lets just hate them back and have the crack with them while were still in this feckin league with them, the more passionate games the better imo see you all at the crisp bowl

Changeyourface

its always been villa as the big rival down the years but lets embrace the M69 interbred derby :D footballs about rivalry and i look forward home and away to the lesda match more than any doncaster, reading or bloody peterborough games fans wise, ffs lets just hate them back and have the crack with them while were still in this feckin league with them, the more passionate games the better imo see you all at the crisp bowl

Do you actually know what interbred means?

brinner

Nope, I know and get on with people who did/do go for that reason. I mean the chavvy fucks who think it's hilarious to call someone an "interbred scum" probably not realising that inbred and interbred are two totally different words with totally different meanings. Also probably not realising that 70% of Leicester fans don't care about us as a rival.
likie them 1s that set that smoke bomb off at Brighton :D

ccfcrob

I'm 22 and I must admit Villa are our rivals however times change the hate for leicester has grown stronger as we have played them more times 5 years ago I would have said it was the baggies as they were yo yoing or boing boinginh between the prem and div 1 it just adds spice when were playin anyone local villa brum leicester wolves of the baggies
Leicester our currently our rivals but I remember the villa days
When we battered the scum 4 1 in there own back yard

Ashdown

Try living in SW Leics...........believe you me, they loath us over here. There are about 85,000 live in this area and they all see the hated Cov as the enemy. But its all geographical, I used to play football in North Leics and the rivalry changes to Forest and Derby. Personally I can't stand Leicester, Villa, Blues or Wolves and Baggies............but Leicester are the boys now, we haven't even played Villa for a decade.

dave1903

Im 25 and grew up in Nuneaton, and can say for a fact I certainly hate Villa more. But we were in the prem as i grew up with Villa so seemed like logical rivals.
But i think everyone hates the villa, i remember going to a game at highfield rd playing west brom and both sets of fans were chanting "Shit on the Villa"

Users who are viewing this thread