Leicester away opening day (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

JohnWH

This'll be a fun game, why not? I did go to a Cov v Leic game away at Leicester, in 98(?) the old stadium I think. We had to get tickets in the home end, for whatever reason I cannot remember, so there was less fun had than what otherwise could have been. We lost 1-0 I think. Which I don't think will matter for the upcoming fixture, given that LC no longer have the services of the mighty Tim Flowers

Garlana86

What state do you think they will be in come the start of the season? They will be massive favourites and still have some depth and quality surely? Another tough start for us, after going to the stadium of light first game last season. All the talk will be about Leicester just as it was about Sunderland.

Ashdown

As per us, they will likely have a completely new look to their first team. They are still owned by billionaires and have parachute money though. I’m told they have sold 23,000 season tickets and have a waiting list. In short they will still have more bucks to spend than us…..but we have Robins et Al and in that we must trust 🤞

Gynnsthetonic

As per us, they will likely have a completely new look to their first team. They are still owned by billionaires and have parachute money though. I’m told they have sold 23,000 season tickets and have a waiting list. In short they will still have more bucks to spend than us…..but we have Robins et Al and in that we must trust 🤞
They've already had their parachute money, an arrangement with Maqurie Bank in Australia

BackRoomRummermill

Worse possible fixture - I would rather play them once we have had a few games along with everyone else in the season - we could get a good hiding which will give them bragging rights over us and give them confidence beating as is the league playoff losers - hate it

Legia Sky Blue

Never been to the new ground, but best game I went to at Filbert Street was a 3-0 FA Cup win after I think Boateng was sent off. Worst was a 5-1 defeat after which Gould resigned.

Covkid1968#

Cagey affair and may possibly nick a draw. 🤞 but am prepared for a right beating. Live in north Leics so mostly Forest and Derby.. those that are Leics are sound. Lived in south leics before…what a bunch of arrogant wankers they are. It’s those that tend to see us as rivals. Once you are past Hinckley and heading Loughborough way they don’t really see us as their main rivals. In true Kevin Keegan style I’d love us to do them. Knicker Stitching Gok Wan loving showaddy waddy tossers!!!

Alkhen

Normally I'd say playing a relegated team early is a good time to do it. New manager and a big churn of players.. but our have no idea how our squad will look yet. So many new faces.

Sick Boy

Cagey affair and may possibly nick a draw. 🤞 but am prepared for a right beating. Live in north Leics so mostly Forest and Derby.. those that are Leics are sound. Lived in south leics before…what a bunch of arrogant wankers they are. It’s those that tend to see us as rivals. Once you are past Hinckley and heading Loughborough way they don’t really see us as their main rivals. In true Kevin Keegan style I’d love us to do them. Knicker Stitching Gok Wan loving showaddy waddy tossers!!!
My parents live in north Leicestershire these days and I always make sure I wear our shirt when going around the local area - I think they’re more bothered about Forest and Derby up there but had a few comments.

Ashdown

South Leics fans see us as the enemy for sure don’t mistake it. I played football myself with many Leicester City people and they were ok. It’s the Hinckley/ Barwell/ Earl Shilton type crowd with the chips on shoulders

SHUNT31

Been there once.. right after page rearranged Doyle’s teeth.

got beat 3-0 with Adrian Heath as manager. Haven’t quite recovered from that experience
My first ever away game and first game ever with my old man. I was around 12 at the time. Iirc we were 3-0 after 20 minutes!

Covkid1968#

South Leics fans see us as the enemy for sure don’t mistake it. I played football myself with many Leicester City people and they were ok. It’s the Hinckley/ Barwell/ Earl Shilton type crowd with the chips on shoulders
Yes def…. Although it used be that a lot of their top lads in their “famous” BS are north Leics.

Grendel

That was when he managed us for the 2nd time. He was sacked after the 5-1 defeat at Leicester the first time he was in charge, when he invaded the pitch to confront the referee

He was sacked after the Luton game

San Francisco

Delivered to a Leicester fan in Wellesbourne (I think, possibly Barford, can't remember) and he was apprehensive about the new season. Says all the best players and more will definitely go leaving big holes he thinks they'll struggle to fill with decent talent.

Reckon we can nick this one so long as Robins does the business in the next 6 weeks.

torchomatic

Never been to the new ground, but best game I went to at Filbert Street was a 3-0 FA Cup win after I think Boateng was sent off. Worst was a 5-1 defeat after which Gould resigned.

I was there for the 5-1. Just before Christmas. Gould ran on the pitch too at one point.

Sick Boy

We played a pre-season game against Hinckley in the early 00s that was ‘interesting’ afterwards - groups of them turned up at full time.
Also played football against Barwell in a ‘friendly’ when I was about 15 and that turned into a mini riot after one of them nearly broke my leg.
Despite what they claim those from South Leics hate us and see us as their main rivals.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

At least Lesta winning the league means they have one more chant to add to the classic ‘lesta lesta LESTA, LESTA LESTA LESTUH LESTUH’ (‘champions of england you’ll never sing that’)

Grendel

I was there for the 5-1. Just before Christmas. Gould ran on the pitch too at one point.

Yeah but he wasn’t sacked till the defeat at Luton a couple of days later

PurpleBin

Worse possible fixture - I would rather play them once we have had a few games along with everyone else in the season - we could get a good hiding which will give them bragging rights over us and give them confidence beating as is the league playoff losers - hate it

They'll be saying exactly the same about us I would imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread