Match Thread Leeds United - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 16th Dec (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Absolutely sterling performance from the lads today and a well-earned point.

But I think it's fair to say that if we set up like that against a team like Leeds away we lose 7 times out of 10. Of course we needed to make sure we were more solid defensively but that starting line-up seemed way too defensive. 2 attacking players out of 11? Hope we don't do that too often, even against the better sides.

shmmeee

I think the selection was as much about getting players minutes and resting others in a game we aren’t expected to get much out of. Using the squad and making sure our key players are fit for the next few games.

wingy

In terms of the hard lads - Thomas and Kitching will not stand back, Bids will silently not take prisoners and who isn't enjoying this new version of Kasey as someone looking for aggro - never though I would say this but KP doesn't look out of place as an enforcer. What a day!
Not forgetting Sakamoto thought he was particularly aggressive?

Skyblue Bangkok

What was going on at the end of the game ? Then heard Oggy say on the phone in that Palmer came out into the pitch 10 mins after the game and was involved in some sort of altercation with one of their players .

Frostie

What was going on at the end of the game ? Then heard Oggy say on the phone in that Palmer came out into the pitch 10 mins after the game and was involved in some sort of altercation with one of their players .

Summerville refused to shake hands which Thomas was none too pleased about.

Mcbean

Perused the Leeds thread on the match - blamed the ref for letting fouls go 😮 and blamed Farke for the tactics - they have a love hate relationship with Bamford but 6 strikers on the the last 10 !!
Summerville is some player - could do with a decent team around him 😉

Chris1987

I think the selection was as much about getting players minutes and resting others in a game we aren’t expected to get much out of. Using the squad and making sure our key players are fit for the next few games.
Using the squad has a kind of novelty sound to it

robbiethemole

from their website<
In other words, rookie coaches/teams have sussed us out & right now we appear clueless to counteract the problems.
Robins is a rookie coach and we're a rookie team??
Totally deluded fuckers who couldn't break our low press down and blaming the ref for allowing us to kick lumps out of them.

mmttww

Yeah, assumed that was part of it. Me and others probably a bit carried away with the momentum we're building and wanted to go to Leeds and give it a go.

In hindsight, that point and performance will probably do more for team spirit and confidence than a brave loss with the same set up we used on Wed night.

Adge

Was in the hospitality for yesterdays game and the seats as part of that were probably the most expensive in the ground and on the top tier opposite where the Cov fans were. We were on the halfway line aswell and it was a great vantage point to see the formation/tactics instructions rather than the usual view from the away end. It was an absolute Robins masterclass and he got it spot on. Couple of balanced Leeds fans with us said we deserved the point aswell. IMG_2852.jpeg

David O'Day

Was in the hospitality for yesterdays game and the seats as part of that were probably the most expensive in the ground and on the top tier opposite where the Cov fans were. We were on the halfway line aswell and it was a great vantage point to see the formation/tactics instructions rather than the usual view from the away end. It was an absolute Robins masterclass and he got it spot on. Couple of balanced Leeds fans with us said we deserved the point aswell. View attachment 32854
if that is the view from your seat you are not on the half way line

skyblu3sk

I read a few Leeds forums too thought they were very disrespectful in general. I don't think we went to "park the bus" or to kick them up in the air at all. We had a game plan which was to be hard to break down yes but attacked alot more than they give credit to. I thought tackles were hard from both sides and a lot of players were holding and got away with it. Seems like they just expected us to roll over and let them win...

Covcraig@bury

Top performance all round against a so called premiership side with arrogant fans , the self righteous. MR I must admit shocked me with the team selection but after a couple more 🍺🍺 with Chris1987 .. great to meet up with you we kind of agreed it’s a master plan . It worked and we was unlucky to come away with just a point . Simms had a blinder by far the best game for us ( keep it up ) I can now see his potential. As for Sako well he can destroy defenders in a blink of an eye . Bring on Scumberland ( 3-1 ) in advance. #PUSB

Brighton Sky Blue

from their website<
In other words, rookie coaches/teams have sussed us out & right now we appear clueless to counteract the problems.
Robins is a rookie coach and we're a rookie team??
Totally deluded fuckers who couldn't break our low press down and blaming the ref for allowing us to kick lumps out of them.
All 3 of the relegated clubs this season have shown massive arrogance even compared to the usual standard.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair I remember when we were relegated from the Premier League and most of our fanbase thought we would walk the league and that it was somehow beneath us being down there
We had been in the top flight for 34 years on the spin. Leeds have been in it for about 3 of the last 20 and also ‘done time’ in League 1 like Lesta and Southampton in that time.

slowpoke

Helped by the media Leeds see themselves as THE big fish in our little pond and I think that reflex on their fans and players. I didn’t see that much yesterday to be worried about them. I’m confident we can catch the seven points up to get into the top six then take it from there.

Adge

Helped by the media Leeds see themselves as THE big fish in our little pond and I think that reflex on their fans and players. I didn’t see that much yesterday to be worried about them. I’m confident we can catch the seven points up to get into the top six then take it from there.
Like the optimism and the Christmas period may emphasize your point. Still think realistically it’s all about a transitional season and a mid table top half finish. On that basis I think most sensible people would renew their season ticket (depending on TV etc which may have an impact) with a view to us really pushing on next season.

Johhny Blue

I read a few Leeds forums too thought they were very disrespectful in general. I don't think we went to "park the bus" or to kick them up in the air at all. We had a game plan which was to be hard to break down yes but attacked alot more than they give credit to. I thought tackles were hard from both sides and a lot of players were holding and got away with it. Seems like they just expected us to roll over and let them win...
It was frustrating not to get “our” free kicks but overall the ref was consistent to both sides and let the game flow. That’s what we’ve all been asking for for years.

Grendel

We had been in the top flight for 34 years on the spin. Leeds have been in it for about 3 of the last 20 and also ‘done time’ in League 1 like Lesta and Southampton in that time.

They have a rather bigger pedigree than us

slowpoke

It was frustrating not to get “our” free kicks but overall the ref was consistent to both sides and let the game flow. That’s what we’ve all been asking for for years.
In fairness to the ref every time a Leeds player fell over the crowd wanted a free-kick or penalty he didn’t fall for that at all.

Users who are viewing this thread