Match Thread Leeds United - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 16th Dec (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Great point, good performance. I've been to the match and coming away it felt like a win tbh, responded well to their goal and looked dangerous on the counter.

We restricted them to very little first half, a bit more second but we looked dangerous on the counter.

I think Robins got it right all in all.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

there are a lot of ‘sky blue tinted’ specs on here…yes it was a good point won, and in parts we looked ok but what does it say when you’re ecstatic with one point and the other team are gutted?

if Leeds were more clinical they could’ve had two or three before we had a chance to pull level, and that’s not down to our tactics, more that they missed a couple of sitters.

I’m pleased with the point, and in parts the performance of most, but can’t help thinking with a different approach we could’ve taken the game to them and got more.

Whilst I’m not aligning myself with hamertime, I think there is some truth to the fact Robins is a ‘cautious’ (read negative) manager which can sometimes cost us points / opportunities. It’s not a ‘Robins out’ post because he’s still doing ok, but I (and many others) do wonder how far he can take the team.

I’d love him to be at the helm in a couple of years as we sit debating the whys and wherefores of his team selection against Arsenal away as we sit comfortably mid prem - time will tell.

My feelings today, a lucky point won against a decent team with a fair few premiership quality players - we could’ve nicked it but wouldn’t have deserved it, they were the better team. By hook or by crook we are slowly becoming more difficult to beat which is a good quality in this league - onto the next one!

Matt smith

there are a lot of ‘sky blue tinted’ specs on here…yes it was a good point won, and in parts we looked ok but what does it say when you’re ecstatic with one point and the other team are gutted?

if Leeds were more clinical they could’ve had two or three before we had a chance to pull level, and that’s not down to our tactics, more that they missed a couple of sitters.

I’m pleased with the point, and in parts the performance of most, but can’t help thinking with a different approach we could’ve taken the game to them and got more.

Whilst I’m not aligning myself with hamertime, I think there is some truth to the fact Robins is a ‘cautious’ (read negative) manager which can sometimes cost us points / opportunities. It’s not a ‘Robins out’ post because he’s still doing ok, but I (and many others) do wonder how far he can take the team.

I’d love him to be at the helm in a couple of years as we sit debating the whys and wherefores of his team selection against Arsenal away as we sit comfortably mid prem - time will tell.

My feelings today, a lucky point won against a decent team with a fair few premiership quality players - we could’ve nicked it but wouldn’t have deserved it, they were the better team. By hook or by crook we are slowly becoming more difficult to beat which is a good quality in this league - onto the next one!

Superb point, great performance

Brighton Sky Blue

Burner account confirmed

Martin180

By many others do you mean your other clueless accounts on here ?

Alkhen

Instantly discount anything you say due to your stupid user name

fernandopartridge

It's easy to invent a hypothetical scenario when the reality is that we played a team full of attacking talent we just couldn't go gung ho against, it was the right choice imo to stop them first. We'd have been torn apart on the breakaway by eg James.

Evo1883

It's easy to invent a hypothetical scenario when the reality is that we played a team full of attacking talent we just couldn't go gung ho against, it was the right choice imo to stop them first. We'd have been torn apart on the breakaway by eg James.

I thought Leeds looked a far better team than Southampton

covcity4life

I think you make some fair points here tbh. Hope you ain't a wum like others are saying though.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

maybe

maybe yes, and I’m no tactical genius, but like I say if some of their players had been more on the ball they could’ve had two or three in the first half, let alone the 20 minute spell after the break - so we didn’t stop them as much as they fluffed their opportunities. In the end whatever we did we came away with a point so thumbs up, and maybe going gung ho would’ve been footballing suicide, but we’ll never know will we.

it’s nice to see people on here like a discussion rather than simply rubbishing others’ opinions though 🙄

just for clarity I don’t have any other accounts, never had, and I don’t know who ‘Boosh’ is - I only joined here a few weeks ago to have a bit of constructive back and forth, but most people prefer to just shout you down if they don’t agree

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I thought Leeds looked a far better team than Southampton

Leeds definitely played better football, Southampton tried to bore us off the park - both decent teams though, I’d be surprised if they weren’t both in the top six at the end of the season (states the obvious before anybody else says anything) 🙄

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I disagree with "Sky Blue tinted glasses".
A very good performance by City. Plan for first half worked and all playeers did their job. Under some pressure in 2nd half but deserved the draw definitely. Leeds could have scored towards the end.

BTW, Away section is very outdated and no longer suitable .

Speedies_Chips

Hamer and vik got us to that final not Robins. Our negative dire first half performance lost us that final and that was Robins.

Id rather us loose today trying to win it showing some guts. It comes from the Top and it’s what Robins is lacking and will ultimately be our down fall.

Bury your head in the sand.
Can’t take anyone who doesn’t know the difference between lose and loose seriously.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I disagree with "Sky Blue tinted glasses".
A very good performance by City. Plan for first half worked and all playeers did their job. Under some pressure in 2nd half but deserved the draw definitely. Leeds could have scored towards the end.

BTW, Away section is very outdated and no longer suitable .

fair enough, I think I’d agree to an extent the plan worked but we still could’ve been two or three down by half time - I think Farke makes some fair points although ultimately with a degree of bitterness given if they were good enough they would’ve taken their chances…

we could’ve won it really, and I’m sure most on here would agree that we wouldn’t have deserved that?

Boicey

Will be interesting when they come to our place towards the end of the season.
Hope we can open up and give them a real hammering.

fatso

I'd say MR isn't negative, I'd say he picks horses for course's, he certainly wasn't negative against Birmingham or Southampton,

but today he probably thought we'd struggle to get much of the ball, and with Wright rumoured to have a knock, and O'hare and Palmer not 100% fit yet, and Allen not able to tackle himself out of a brown paper bag, it made sense to be more defensive, and Desilva and Eccles offered fresh legs and are more tenacious than our attacking playmakers.

In the end we got what we set out for, and we were still able to create the odd chance.

slowpoke

That performance will make opponents think, on paper it was almost a reserve team kicking off tactics bang on could have nicked it just had that wobble for a few minutes when they scored.

Hobo

Great away point that. Good tactics and a lot of graft from the players.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

2 pts from last 2 fixtures is a great effort. Now let’s sneak another off Sunderland
Sunderland will arguably be a test of where we are given, in my opinion, we should be at a similar if not slightly better level than them

are we setting up to nick a point? will we be happy with that? should we play more offensive from the off?

I’ll say it again, I think if we are serious about being a top six team in this league we should be looking to win these games rather than being happy with a point

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I'd say MR isn't negative, I'd say he picks horses for course's, he certainly wasn't negative against Birmingham or Southampton,

but today he probably thought we'd struggle to get much of the ball, and with Wright rumoured to have a knock, and O'hare and Palmer not 100% fit yet, and Allen not able to tackle himself out of a brown paper bag, it made sense to be more defensive, and Desilva and Eccles offered fresh legs and are more tenacious than our attacking playmakers.

In the end we got what we set out for, and we were still able to create the odd chance.
some good points - and I’m not necessarily meaning today in terms of negativity, he is in the main good with setting the team up tactically for what’s in front of them, but what I’m saying is if we are aiming for top six for three out of five years then perhaps sometimes we need to be a bit more fearless? One point is better than none, sometimes three is there for the taking too…

Users who are viewing this thread