Match Thread Leeds U23 v Coventry City U23 (1 Viewer)

Legia Sky Blue

How old is Drysdale? He looks very comfortable on the ball, and on tonight's viewing I will be very surprised if he doesn't make the 1st team next season.

Gazolba

Watching this now on LUTV.

It's just like watching a Championship team playing a League 1 team.
It's a decent performance by CCFC but the difference in class is pretty obvious.
Not impressed with Addai in goal or Bremang up front.
CCFC's kick-off routine is diabolical.

Last edited:

mark82

You mean the one who has made 7 appearances for the first team - that one?

Yeah, that's the one. Didn't realise he had that throw on him. Seen him play a couple of times this season and not seen that. Has he used it in the first team.

mark82

Watching this now on LUTV.

It's just like watching a Championship team playing a League 1 team.
It's a decent performance by CCFC but the difference in class is pretty obvious.
Not impressed with Addai in goal.
Both teams looked knackered in the end.

There's definitely a gulf in class but we have a very young team, even by under 23s standards. Leeds had a number of players in the team who have had experience of Championship football this season, and their goalkeeper is a full international. We can't expect to be anywhere near to be honest, but we gave them a game.

I was eleven in 87

There's definitely a gulf in class but we have a very young team, even by under 23s standards. Leeds had a number of players in the team who have had experience of Championship football this season, and their goalkeeper is a full international. We can't expect to be anywhere near to be honest, but we gave them a game.
Positive signs for the future then based on the difference in players.

Sky Blue Harry H

Drysdale did look good exploiting any space in front of him to bring the ball out. He'll also give fans a few heart attacks doing it, as the quicker forwards realise he's going to do it! Looks a bit Bambi like with gangly legs - hopefully develops and looked promising last night against decent opposition.

SBbucks

Yeah, that's the one. Didn't realise he had that throw on him. Seen him play a couple of times this season and not seen that. Has he used it in the first team.
I've not seen him use it into the opposition box (not saying he hasn't) but has used it multiple times to get good distance down the line from near our own penalty area, very effectively

better days

Addai looked awful. He was at fault for some goals. He was coming out and flapping around like Burge.
The lad should be doing a lot better
He has the height & distribution skills that top level keepers need these days and is a decent shot stopper
But unfortunately I suspect he's one of those players who won't put in the extra work necessary to make it at a decent level
He's far too laid back and lacks concentration making him prone to calamitous errors

Legia Sky Blue

I'm not sure the gulf in class would have been so apparent if we had also used under 23's from the 1st team squad - Mason, Shipley, Ponticelli or even Bayliss & Jones if they had been fit, never mind our loanees in Sterling, Enobakhare & Thomas (if eligible).

Pete in Portugal

Drysdale did look good exploiting any space in front of him to bring the ball out. He'll also give fans a few heart attacks doing it, as the quicker forwards realise he's going to do it! Looks a bit Bambi like with gangly legs - hopefully develops and looked promising last night against decent opposition.

I wonder whether Drysdale will end up as a defensive CM, once he bulks up a bit? He certainly impressed me with his overall performance.

Users who are viewing this thread